What would you, the Phannies like to see in the new game?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby LaconianShot » Sun May 16, 2004 3:21 pm

What do you mean by that? Do you mean that "am I sure" that PS Adventure was an immensley enjoyable game, or that "am I sure" that PS Adventure didn't have Dark Force in it? Because it doesn't.
LaconianShot

Postby Benoit » Sun May 16, 2004 5:57 pm

The first part. I don't think it's that enjoyable. Never mind that it's incredibly short.
Benoit

Postby LaconianShot » Mon May 17, 2004 12:03 am

Unlike some games, text adventures require you to do some thinking, which I like. I'd say playing PSA was worth the time I spent on it.
LaconianShot

Postby ps2 » Mon May 17, 2004 3:28 am

does anyone remember reading that the game will have real time combat?....i'm a huge fan of the battle systems in previous games, but i also get a kick out of action rpg's, i just hope that if the game is online, the combat is a little more involving without other players (some of us still don't want to throw down the muns for online play)
ps2

Postby lutz4ever » Mon May 17, 2004 3:13 pm

i dont know what i want from this game. Hopefully i guess a follow on from IV, and it seems it will be around PSO time or sometime in the future with the use of a Photon sword there, I would love a story connected to the others, not like PSO, which had too many 'maybes' about it. Looks great and im sure it'll be fantastic, hopefully not multiplayer too.
lutz4ever

Postby Benoit » Mon May 17, 2004 5:17 pm

<blockquote>Unlike some games, text adventures require you to do some thinking, which I like. I'd say playing PSA was worth the time I spent on it.</blockquote><br>Compared to regular text adventures, and especially bishoujo games, PSA is nothing. You can finish it in half an hour even...<br> <blockquote>Hopefully i guess a follow on from IV</blockquote><br>NOOO! Leave the people of Algo alone... they deserve their rest.<br> <blockquote>hopefully not multiplayer too</blockquote><br>Is everyone here anti-social or what?
Benoit

Postby Cherok » Tue May 18, 2004 6:33 am

Benoit, I get the feeling that you consider yourself a PS guru of sorts. What do you think?<br>
Cherok

Postby Benoit » Tue May 18, 2004 4:45 pm

Me? I would just scrap this game and make one that adds to the original Phantasy Star continuity without making a sequel.
Benoit

Postby Cherok » Tue May 18, 2004 7:12 pm

That did'nt answer my question.<p>Don't you think that PSIV did a fine job of wrapping up everything wrong in the Algol solar system?
Cherok

Postby Benoit » Tue May 18, 2004 7:58 pm

Oh, that's what you mean. Didn't understand.<p>Yes, absolutely.
Benoit

Postby Wosu » Wed May 19, 2004 7:07 am

In my mind PSIV did a good job concerning the dark force staff but we could develop the world of PS because after dark force, they still have to develop their civilisation. PSU could be a sequel of PSIV, we could see how algo developped and after the development, things like a war within algo... we could see algo related problems. Problems only because of people of mota or dezo who got caught in this huge era of prosperity and who lost their pacific will.<p>Like in the real world, with the development all countries through the world and through history began a war more or less long, in order to expand themselves. (I am not a fanatic of war but it has to been said that we can see thanks to the last century that when a country is in trouble, aiming for a war is enought to boost its economy)<p>EDIT<p>Just so that there is no misunderstanding: I do not like wars, only virtual ones<p>[size=small][Edit by Wosu on [TIME]1084950560[/TIME]][/size]
Wosu

Postby ps2 » Wed May 19, 2004 7:21 am

I agree with Wosu there. Any Phantasy Star game to date has really only mentioned war, so it would seem only natural now with the increased abilities of game machines to create a war in the phantasy star universe (pun?). given the series history however, i can see it being a war based on the threat of all the monsters we see in the trailer. Plus war scenes have been trendy for a while now
ps2

Postby Wosu » Fri May 21, 2004 9:28 am

Thanks Ps2. I like this war thing, from what is shown in PSU there is a big thing in space (like in "the 5st element" you know this movie with bruce wilis) I would love it to be an evil source which separated from the profound darkness in PSIV, at first it was weak but thanks to an old spaceship (how do you call dead ships just floating around?) from the old times of PSII, it had the opportunity to get a rest and to develop itself in space where no-one can reach it. after a while motavian saw it and understood what it was but they weren't able to reach it, so they started a whole new space colonisation program in order to get rid of that but this program took them a loonnnnnng time and it's only now, in PSU that they have a powerful enought force to go in space willing to destroy this thing which developped in parallel.<p>for those who know the expression: In PSU the motavian have had the "Damocles' sword above their head" for many hundred years.<br>(I'll explain the Damocles thing in my next post if some one doesn't know Damocles)
Wosu

Postby lutz4ever » Sat May 22, 2004 12:47 am

<blockquote>Is everyone here anti-social or what?</blockquote><p>Not as far as I know but I just think theres too much PSO out there and it should be a one off game. Offline. All these versions of PSO about, theres too much of it, and if its not like PSO it'll be FFXI all over. Well whatever, im just glad theres a new game, ill buy and play it whatever happens.<br>
lutz4ever

Postby zoothe » Sat May 22, 2004 5:08 am

Well, if IGN is correct in reporting that the game will in fact be an MMORPG, I have absolutely no hope for it. The game will suck. It'll just be the next step up from PSO, and to me that's not a PS game. Stupid Sega, way to rape a franchise.
zoothe

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star