What the...?!?!?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

What the...?!?!?

Postby gm2987 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:24 am

I hate FF7, FF5, FF10, FF11 and FFT/TA All the rest are great games and very unique, (Gunblade=My fav weapon.) But PS is a much better seiries, sadly to many idiot 12 year olds had there first RPG as FF7 and it is seriously the most overrated game in history >.>
gm2987

What the...?!?!?

Postby PSLassic » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:17 am

:pstar:
PSLassic

What the...?!?!?

Postby zoothe » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:23 pm

<blockquote>...PS is a much better seiries, sadly to many idiot 12 year olds had there first RPG as FF7 and it is seriously the most overrated game in history...</blockquote><p>I agree that it's sad that there are people out there who were born too late to play the PS games. It's sad that the out dated 8-bit and 16-bit graphics are enough to turn self-proclaimed RPG fans away from what was easily the best RPG series ever. But it's really not their fault... they are young, and missing out on the original PS games is their loss.<p>The PS vs. FF war makes me laugh. Back in the day of Genesis/SNES, you could look at PS4 and FF3 and you would have something to argue about. But look what FF turned into: a bunch of cinema cut scenes, magic that is too crazy for it's own good, lame story and cheesy gimmicks... you just can't compare them any more. That being said, at least Square is still <i>making</i> new FF games. All we oldschool PS fans get is PSO! What a cruel joke.
zoothe

What the...?!?!?

Postby LaconianShot » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:21 am

I agree, Zoothe, except for the PSO part. Play PSO Ep.III...it's more like the old PS games then the first two PSO games.<br>Just some food for thought: Gunblades are the most stupid idea ever. Why? Well, first of all, the blade and the gun would both be incredibly weak because of the barrel that would be in the core of the blade. When firing the gun, the blade would more likely shatter then shoot. And second of all, combat would likely bend or warp or twist the blade, making the gun inaccurate if it actually worked at all. Just another gimmick that would never work.
LaconianShot

What the...?!?!?

Postby zoothe » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:00 am

I actually bought PSOIII and had a lot of fun with the battles. I gave up because I couldn't figure out how to get the other people to join me (is it even possible?). I do like the interface and options though.
zoothe

What the...?!?!?

Postby OnnaWren » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:08 pm

You start out the game with four characters. As you progress through Story mode, you gain access to four more characters, and later on in the game, you get the final four characters for a total of twelve.<p>Er, is that what you meant?
OnnaWren

What the...?!?!?

Postby zoothe » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:50 pm

<blockquote>Er, is that what you meant?</blockquote> <p>The first three other characters you're supposed to have in your party... I couldn't figure out how to use them.
zoothe

What the...?!?!?

Postby LaconianShot » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:32 pm

Oh! I hope you didn't get rid of PSO: Ep.III! All you have to do is create a new deck and select your story character. Some SC have different strengths, so it's a good idea to build your deck around them while covering the weaknesses.
LaconianShot

What the...?!?!?

Postby Siren » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:52 pm

You bought Ep.III? Good for you! Use the tips LS told you and have a blast...just don't take Kylria or Stella, they're my favorites.
Siren

What the...?!?!?

Postby gm2987 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:05 pm

First off Gunblade isn't really a gun its a sword which has a gun like handel the gun cannot fire because theyre isn't a gun in it :P and I just thinkt he blade looks cool and looks like a easy way to hold a sword.
gm2987

What the...?!?!?

Postby zoothe » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:40 am

Of course I didn't get rid of Ep.III! I actually liked the premise of it more so than the other PSO episodes. I'll give those tips a shot and see how far I get. thanks again :)<br><p>[size=small][Edit by zoothe on [TIME]1087519259[/TIME]][/size]
zoothe

What the...?!?!?

Postby Prince Noah » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:45 pm

I'll get that game, once I find a place that has it. :)
Prince Noah

What the...?!?!?

Postby zoothe » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:03 pm

I got mine on eBay right when it came out like ten dollars cheaper than in stores :)
zoothe

What the...?!?!?

Postby Benoit » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:22 am

You don't have to create a new deck at all to use a different Story Character. Choose to edit a deck, and then press B to change the Story Character. That's all.<p>In my world Final Fantasy is just your average RPG. I played FFIV, FFV and FFVI.<br>FFIV I thought was really average.<br>FFV I absolutely LOVED!<br>FFVI... I liked the first part of the game, it was cool. But when you get to the second part the game starts breaking down. It feels so empty. And the ending sucked ass. It made me hate the game.<br>Starting FFVII (or maybe FFVIII), FF started to be really average and full of cutscenes. Of course the fanboys still buy them and claim it's the best of all time, while there are so many other RPGs out there which deserve your attention more (Phantasy Star, Grandia, Star Ocean, Skies of Arcadia, Langrisser, Shining Force, etc.). FFVII is HIGHLY overrated. A fanboy even said PSIV was a ripoff of FFVII, even though it came out about 3 years earlier...<br>And FFXI is a bad ripoff of PSO.<br>I actually played FFTA at Futuris Powerplay last November, Belgium's little E3. I didn't like it. Everything's too small, isometric 3D (bad for a strategy/RPG IMO) and it had almost no atmosphere. The options seemed limited. Shining Force is 1000 times better.<p>And OnnaWren forgot to post this. ;)<br>http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/244442.asp
Benoit

What the...?!?!?

Postby gm2987 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:47 am

That was posted on another topic already benoit :P
gm2987

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star