It's odd with the remakes of PS II and IV..

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:08 am

Gain Ground is being remade and it is one of the last games to be remade. But! They have screenshots of it already. Also there is screencaps of other games last in the series.<p>It makes me wonder if the PS 2/4 images are being withheld?
Lord Khyron

Postby OnnaWren » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:50 am

Personally speaking, I can't wait to see the remade (rebuilt?) Fuoren... mrowwrrrr! XD~ *drools*
OnnaWren

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:16 am

I can't wait to see how sexy they make Shir or Ami or Anna :D Nor can I wait to see how Nei-first looks :D<p>Anyways, Onna, did AIM break?
Lord Khyron

Postby OnnaWren » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:19 am

No, my computer got sick. :/
OnnaWren

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:07 am

Feed it some chicken noodle soup! :D <br>I hope they don't make them so sexy that it's unrealistic, or it betrays the nature of the game. They didn't do that to Alis much, so I think we're reletively safe.
LaconianShot

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:10 am

Oh dear o.o Someone get Laconian shot some protection!<p>Die hard old Alis lovers hate her new look and with his comment, He's gonna be slaughtered!<p>Well.. I can spare a few.. Battlepods if you want Laconian.<p>LOL <p>Anyways, I agree. They can't drag them out of proportion..<p>Then again, In a artwork I once saw, Shir has a skirt as short as them senshi fukus and well Nei's outfit is designed to curve to her figure well..<p>So I geuss they will be drawn the same ^_^
Lord Khyron

Postby zoothe » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:07 am

<blockquote>Gain Ground is being remade and it is one of the last games to be remade. But! They have screenshots of it already. Also there is screencaps of other games last in the series. <br>It makes me wonder if the PS 2/4 images are being withheld?<br></blockquote> <p>It's actually quite worrying to me that we haven't seen any images for either of the other remakes. Especially when the US release is scheduled to be in 7-9 months! With this kind of thing I always wait to see until I believe, and since I haven't seen anything, I am still skeptical... but optimistic.<p>As for the possible new look of the characters: I was in no way unhappy with designs in PSG:1 and so if they stick to the same model in PS2&4, I think everything will be cool. I hope they use the same designers for all the remakes to maintain a smoother flow between the three Algol games.
zoothe

Postby Wosu » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:14 pm

I can't wait to see the new designs. The new design for girls but also for Kain and Hugh. They have a lot of potential in their look.<p>But wait... nooo! the data save girl is so pretty as she is. I wish they'll stay with her design... the teleport girl also.<p>The only thing is I don't want is for Hahn to change. I think he has a perfect design right now. Demi is also perfect in PS IV.<p> Image
Wosu

Postby ill-intent » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:31 pm

Actually, Gain Ground is not the most recent of the remakes. Fist of the Northstar came afterwards. (And both are already out) I'm not surprised at all about not seeing anything yet. Don't forget, they've been using the same artist for the character designs since Online. And with Generations so recently announced, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see any character designs or pics for some time.
ill-intent

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:50 pm

Khyron, I've got myself a...Plasma Beam, from Samus's arm to my own home! Oooh, burny! :p <br>I, for one, like how the new Alis's proportions are (her breasts aren't gigantic) but her face looks a little...weird. I don't know, I just doesn't seem as soft as the old Alis's. However, though I do like the new Alis look, I don't like her supposed bubbly anime chick personality.
LaconianShot

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:06 pm

Hm.. You're right Andrew. I just find it odd the later remakes have screencaps but not 2 and 4.<p>Anyways, Gain ground rocked!
Lord Khyron

Postby =Aoiga= » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:29 pm

Yeah, I thought it was kinda strange that they already released the PSI remake in Japan and yet they still have not released any PSII screenshots... :?
=Aoiga=

Postby zoothe » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:56 pm

I scoured the net last night looking for something on the two other PS remakes and the only thing that I found that was new was the cover art for Alien Syndrome and a release dat in late July (in Japan).<p>Also, remember that PSG:1 was released almost a year ago in Japan and the other two remakes were originally announced with lower volume numbers. This means that at some point, the two other PS remakes were pushed back. the only optimistic sign that these games are actually in the development stages is the news about Conspiracy releasing them as a trilogy. One would assume that they are somewhat "in the loop" (even thought they think PS3 is included) and so I would hope that this is a good sign.
zoothe

Postby Lamanai » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:29 am

woo...haven't posted around here in a while...<p>Anyways, I wish they would hurry up with a couple screenshots. It'd be nice to have some concrete proof that they're actually making progress on these things. As long as they eventually come out with the games (and don't push back the US release, for that matter) I'll be happy.<p>And on the topic of PSG:1's character designs, in general I thought they were pretty well done. If Alis really is a typical-anime chick, however, I'll be a little annoyed. She never seemed to have an anime chick personality to me.
Lamanai

Postby PSP » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:29 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by LaconianShot</i><br>However, though I do like the new Alis look, I don't like her supposed bubbly anime chick personality.<br></blockquote><p>At what point in the game does she display this type of behavior? I must have missed it.<p>-Corey
PSP

Next

Return to Phantasy Star