...Because everyone loves ocremix.org!

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby =Aoiga= » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:43 pm

I know almost everyone here loves ocremix.org, but for the people who don't know about this great website, go here for one of my favorite ocremix.org songs:<p> djpretzel - "BurntMota"
=Aoiga=

Postby Monocromatico » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:16 am

Almost all the PS OC remixes are great.<p>But since we are talking about OC Remix, I highly sugest you all to look for the works of Dale North, Kaijin, kLuTz and Jared Hudson for melodic orchestral themes. For more rock'n roll, Castelvania, Ninja Gaiden and Silent Hill are plenty of it. It´s great to see the efforts of unpaid fans to make their beloved game tunes really high quality songs.
Monocromatico

Postby PSLassic » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:16 am

Most of the Phantasy Star and Metroid remixes are good.
PSLassic

Postby Hero » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:20 am

that place rocks. highly recomendations to ones who still dont know of it.<br>rodf have ~500mb of em :D (plain OCremixes)<p>Remixes worth attension:<p>Sims (AcidTechnoTrip) OC ReMix<br>Ristar OceanFlameGroove OC ReMix<br>Castlevania The Raven OC ReMix<br>Blaster Master DancerMaster OC ReMix<br>Bomberman Bomberfuzz OC ReMix<br>Rush'n Attack Purple Heart OC ReMix<br>Parasite Eve PrimalEyes(tapeworm) OC ReMix<br>Ecco Broken Machine OC ReMix<br><b>Legendary Wings Legendary Strings OC ReMix</b> -- give it an A+<br>Kabuki Quantum Fighter USB MindLink OC ReMix<br>Jackal Mounted-Machine Gun Funk OC ReMix<br>Blaster Master TI BlastaParty OC ReMix<br>Tekken 2 Incantation OC ReMix<br>Ghouls 'N Ghosts PsychoUnderpants OC ReMix<br>Silent Hill - White Claudia Rock OC ReMix<br>Sonic 3 - Bonus Retreat OC ReMix<br>Sonic 3 - Ice Cap (Frozen Knuckles) OC ReMix :D <br>Ducktales - Walking On The Moon OC ReMix<br>Castlevania 2 - Bloody Hell OC ReMix<br>NINTENDO - Castlevania 1 - CastleMania OC ReMix<p>and many more along with all PS remixes
Hero

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:42 am

I do not like OcRemix.. They are very hypocritical in their acceptance of submissions. They are also anti-Zentraedi.<p>An example::<p>I and a few others submitted some very excellent remixes to them to post, but they were not posted. So instead they post the crappy stuff of a afghanistan person who submitted it saying to them "You are prejudiced against Afghans, so you won't post my remix." He got posted! And it was utter crap.. This happened way back in 2002. January I believe. I can site other examples.. I don't like the ones who run Ocremix.<p>There are some good songs though.
Lord Khyron

Postby Hero » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:06 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>I do not like OcRemix.. They are very hypocritical in their acceptance of submissions. They are also anti-Zentraedi.<p>An example::<p>I and a few others submitted some very excellent remixes to them to post, but they were not posted. So instead they post the crappy stuff of a afghanistan person who submitted it saying to them "You are prejudiced against Afghans, so you won't post my remix." He got posted! And it was utter crap.. This happened way back in 2002. January I believe. I can site other examples.. I don't like the ones who run Ocremix.<p>There are some good songs though.<br></blockquote><p>dunno what's this 'anti-Zentraedi' thing but being hypocritical would not affect the quality of the site and it's context. ocremix is a phantastic site with an amazing quantity and variety of old games music remixes which had grown up from almoust a zero to such a big music resource for nostalgy junkies all over the world. i respect devotion of it's owner and i would not criticize it just becouse owner is hypocritical with bit confusing sumbission.<br>submitted remixes are being judged first before they are uploaded. dunno how exelent they were, but remixes might just had not passed it
Hero

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:23 pm

Actually.. being hypocritical affects it alot. <p>It has some good remixes I will agree. But the selection process and the committe are hypocritical.<p>Still a good site.
Lord Khyron

Postby =Aoiga= » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:03 am

Well, ocremix.org could have gotten in trouble if they denied his entry and besides, what right do you/your friend have to say about how good his music is?<br>Sounds like they wouldn't accept you and your friends' work and you are angry about it. :@
=Aoiga=

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:30 am

Not really, I could care less if they took my song. He was rather upset because he worked hard on it and it was perfect. All their requirements and as good as DJPretzel.<p>I know what I make is great, I don't need to showcase it on a 3rd party site.<p>OCRemix has some good songs, But what I said about their selection process stands. I've been watching it since the beginning.<p>P.S. It was Mark who submitted the song, Someone who lost his inet and is no longer on AIM. He was more upset and I figured I would explain his situation. So the result was that I didn't care, but he did.<p>The strong must speak up for those who can't.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1088389867[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby =Aoiga= » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:17 am

Might I ask what the remix was of? :?
=Aoiga=

Postby Siren » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:51 pm

Perhaps you can supply us with a link?
Siren

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:38 pm

It was a song from Arcus Odyssey. I believe stage 4. It was on his pc and I had a copy of it on my D drive, but as I Said in the PC post, that drive has issues.<p>The song is no longer there and Mark moved away to Dallas I believe.<p>If and when he comes back online, You all are welcome to it.
Lord Khyron

Postby =Aoiga= » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:19 pm

Wow, I saw some screens of Arcus odyssey. It kinda looks like a cross between Boktai and soul blazer! :p <br>Anyhow, maybe the reason they didn't accept it was because the game wasn't all that popular, or becuase the remix didn't sound too much like the original song itself.<br>Not that the song was bad, but maybe they didn't think it was very much like the game itself.
=Aoiga=

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:10 pm

What got me was the request accepted because the guy said they were prejudiced to Afghanistans.<p>If I can remember the song, you will be able to read the quote.<p>Because DjPretzel himself said something like "We're not prejudiced and have to show it."<p>That was what bugged me the most.
Lord Khyron

Return to Phantasy Star