PS Collection, Saturn

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

PS Collection, Saturn

Postby The Exile » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:19 pm

i got it on eBay for £37-ish. it rocks! the sound is enhanced, there are trailers (stupid sega voices can't pronounce the words 'phantasy star') and artwork. the pic of PS3 Wren dragging his friends to the medic LOL!<p>the stupid rip-off merchant at Another World said you couldn't run it on an english saturn with a datel converter, which is wrong. you can. if only you could Megid the shopkeepers *sigh*
The Exile

PS Collection, Saturn

Postby Siren » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:24 pm

That's cool. I would probably buy it just for the art...but there's a whole lot of other good things worth buying. Now I have to find myself a copy and learn japanese.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Siren on [TIME]1087620137[/TIME]][/size]
Siren

PS Collection, Saturn

Postby Saner2 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:25 pm

what's with these "Mood" settings?
Saner2

PS Collection, Saturn

Postby Siren » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:41 am

Go to "Edit my profile" and select mood. It's basically to show your friends how you are doing, and just a nice over-all touch. <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Siren on [TIME]1087620152[/TIME]][/size]
Siren

PS Collection, Saturn

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:17 am

I would like to own the PSC Saturn version, but I haven't a Saturn. Plus, I'm trying to track a Street Fighter Arcade cabinet down...
LaconianShot

PS Collection, Saturn

Postby Benoit » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:44 am

<blockquote>(stupid sega voices can't pronounce the words 'phantasy star')</blockquote><br>It's Japanese, of course the pronounciation is going to be different.<p>Anyway, nice purchase. #)
Benoit

PS Collection, Saturn

Postby ill-intent » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:47 pm

Ah, the PS collection for Saturn...... perhaps my most replayed game on that system. They did so much better a job emulating the old ones compared to that scarey DC collection or the buggy GBA one.
ill-intent

PS Collection, Saturn

Postby Saner2 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:26 pm

wow! Collection is pretty deep! they even speeded up the walking movement in PS3 I think.
Saner2

PS Collection, Saturn

Postby The Exile » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:54 pm

it will be interesting playing the games in japanese. i won't have a problem because i know when to say yes, what to equip when, what to kill etc. from experience. i've done it before with shining force 3 scenarios.
The Exile

Return to Phantasy Star