Natives

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Natives

Postby Benoit » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:13 pm

Phantasy Star Ultimate is a biased timeline.
Benoit

Natives

Postby Monocromatico » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:01 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by ThePeaGuy</i><p>Parmanians, you could say, are the fictional evolved species of homo sapiens, because they are advanced in science, technology and some of them have the power to control the elements to use as they see fit -- magic/techniques, but it has its limits.</blockquote><p>"Evolved" Homo sapiens is kinda pushing it too hard. Even though they might have what we utopically expect of a future Homo sapiens, we can´t say that our descendants will have control over the elements nor have the capability of building spaceships and colonizing other worls, and still preffer to use swords and axes. <p>Our descendants will have no intestinal apendix and less teeth, and that´s all we can say. We can´t even tell that our brain will grow in volume (like pseudo-scientists love to say), because we have already extinguished a species that had a much larger brain than us, the Homo neanterthalensis, and who knows who will be the next victim. In fact, we don´t even need a brain this large anyway, its whole architecture is just a waste of precious energy. <p>That would be the advanced Homo sapiens, as it has been the tendence of our lineage since the start.<p>Utopic.<p><blockquote>Dezorians and Motovians look different from Parmians, but I do believe that they are all part of the Hominidae family as the three races both share certain human characteristics and structures. They all look different from each other because they evolved seperately on three serperate planets, and I think that the climates of these three planets are responsible for their evolution.</blockquote><p>Screeeeeech. Climate is indeed a crucial factor on evolution, but even the mutations that emerge from groups living separately in different climatic conditions have their limitations, limitations by the genes that every biological grou carries within their cells. <p>Have you ever seen a human, monkey, or even a mammal with green skin? Or feathers? You can see beaks on echidnas, but not in any placentary mammal. To classify motavians and dezorians as Hominidae, you would have to stretch the concept of Hominidae to the point it would include birds and reptiles! Or you would have to position our family on the base of the mammal, reptilian and avian clades, and run the whole evolution backwards. <p>Those characteristics of motavians and dezorians are just absent in a mammal genoma. It would require several mutations to make them appear. The kind of mutations that made birds evolve from reptiles, creating a new class or vertebrates. From a basic palman to a motavian, it would be the same. Birds and reptiles are not part of the same family, why would palmans and motavians? <p>The "creation" of new characteristics is very, very rare, and when it happens, whole new groups are created. It happened when reptiles developed feathers, when annelids developed locomotional appendices and when pine trees developed petals stamens and ovarium. And when an hypothetical primitive palman developed a new green pigment?<p>Biological groups are formed by living beings that share a common origin. And when we talk about Algol, we have 3 sentient species that evolved independenty in 3 different planets, with no contact between each other until the palmans archieved space travel. So placing the three in a single biological group is the most artificial thing to be made.
Monocromatico

Natives

Postby Miles McCloud » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:10 pm

Actually..the Great Light just made them all that way, and gave them the ability to use magic and control elements so they could fight Dark Force. There wasn't any evolution or big bang in the PS Universe, as a sentiant being with created it. This being The Great Light, not God, although the whole story about the war with the Profound Darkness and how it wasn't always evil is surprisingly similar to the Biblical account of the war with Lucifer.
Miles McCloud

Natives

Postby ThePeaGuy » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:15 pm

I see, Monocromatico. So what you are basically explaining to me is that even if the three races all have humanoid-like appearances, they are not necessarily related to each other genetically, correct? The reason why I said that they were related is that their anatomies are similar to that of human beings.<p>But in the end, it's just a fictional theory based on a fictional universe. <p><p>[size=small][Edit by ThePeaGuy on [TIME]1092082877[/TIME]][/size]
ThePeaGuy

Natives

Postby Monocromatico » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:26 pm

For a good example, think of fishes and whales. Their bodies are very similar, but they are not directly related at all.<p>I tried to explain biologically how Palmans, Motavians and Dezorians can not be related. But I actually believe they were just created and placed in their respective planets by the Great Light. Because, if the seal gets weaker in every 1000 years, there should be protectors ready to fight when Dark Force first broke through the seal. If Plamans evolved biologically from more primitive beings, it would take millions years for them to be able to fight against Dark Force, and until then, Algol would have been destroyed.
Monocromatico

Natives

Postby ThePeaGuy » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:32 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Monocromatico</i><p>For a good example, think of fishes and whales. Their bodies are very similar, but they are not directly related at all.<p>[/quote]<p>Yes, that's true what you're saying. <p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Monocromatico</i><p>I tried to explain biologically how Palmans, Motavians and Dezorians can not be related. But I actually believe they were just created and placed in their respective planets by the Great Light. Because, if the seal gets weaker in every 1000 years, there should be protectors ready to fight when Dark Force first broke through the seal. If Plamans evolved biologically from more primitive beings, it would take millions years for them to be able to fight against Dark Force, and until then, Algol would have been destroyed.<br></blockquote><p>Now that's another good argument against my theory, Mono. If, as you say, the Protectors were going thorough different stages of evolution, they wouldn't stand a chance against Dark Force if it appears once every 1000 years, if they were in a primitive state millions of years ago.<p>Hmm... I see your point there. :) <br><p>[size=small][Edit by ThePeaGuy on [TIME]1092149201[/TIME]][/size]
ThePeaGuy

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star