gamestop says its coming this year

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Ryucross » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:40 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by LaconianShot</i><p>Electronic Gaming Monthly said *snicker* that PSU would be a MMORPG on *snicker* the PS2! :roll:<p>[size=small][Edit by LaconianShot on [TIME]1089228828[/TIME]][/size]<br></blockquote><br>Really? in what mag?
Ryucross

Postby Gboy » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:09 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by LaconianShot</i><p>Electronic Gaming Monthly said *snicker* that PSU would be a MMORPG on *snicker* the PS2! :roll:<p>[size=small][Edit by LaconianShot on [TIME]1089228828[/TIME]][/size]<br></blockquote><p>Unfortunatly this might be true. Although Sega has n't said anything officially on where this game is headed to at the E3 presentation of the game,The trailer for PSU ended with the words "Summer 2005" and the ps2 logo above it.<br>Image <p>This was also the case with Sega's second biggest RPG<br>the new SHINING FORCE game which also had the ps2<br>logo in japanese at the corner of the advert for some recruitment drive.<p>It makes sense for Sega to release PSU on the ps2 as it does have the biggest rpg market. Here's hoping that<br>PHANTASY STAR will wipe the floor with FF.<p><p>[size=small][Edit by Gboy on [TIME]1089641413[/TIME]][/size]
Gboy

Postby PSP » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:32 am

If the Trilogy hits US shelves before the end of this year, much less on the date given, I will walk to Nevada (I live in Virginia) and become a Vietnamese hooker.<p>-Corey
PSP

Postby zoothe » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:59 am

Sweet! Incentive!!!
zoothe

Postby OnnaWren » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:55 pm

Personally, Corey, the news I've been hearing from multiple sources is bleak...<p>Basically, the plan (I hear) is to release Generation One with slap-ass Genesis ports of II and III tacked on to the ass-end of it.<p>What a load of utter cack.
OnnaWren

Postby zoothe » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:55 pm

Where'd you hear that?
zoothe

Postby Monocromatico » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:38 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by PSP</i><p>If the Trilogy hits US shelves before the end of this year, much less on the date given, I will walk to Nevada (I live in Virginia) and become a Vietnamese hooker.<p>-Corey<br></blockquote><p>I would bang you then.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Monocromatico on [TIME]1089758313[/TIME]][/size]
Monocromatico

Postby OnnaWren » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:47 am

You would too, wouldn't you? :O<p>;)<p>[size=small][Edit by OnnaWren on [TIME]1090111669[/TIME]][/size]
OnnaWren

Postby Ryucross » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:24 pm

It would be a nice surprise. :D
Ryucross

Postby Benoit » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:14 pm

<blockquote>Really? in what mag?</blockquote><br>What part of the quote didn't you understand, Ryucross? He said Electronic Gaming Monthly, aka EGM.<br> <blockquote>Unfortunatly this might be true. Although Sega has n't said anything officially on where this game is headed to at the E3 presentation of the game,The trailer for PSU ended with the words "Summer 2005" and the ps2 logo above it.</blockquote><br>I'll say it right now: the German news site GameFront is full of crap. All the bogus news comes from there. It's crap.
Benoit

Postby zoothe » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:19 am

<blockquote>Basically, the plan (I hear) is to release Generation One with slap-ass Genesis ports of II and III tacked on to the ass-end of it. </blockquote> <p>I still wanna know where this load of horse crap originated from!
zoothe

Postby Siren » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:02 pm

<blockquote>Basically, the plan (I hear) is to release Generation One with slap-ass Genesis ports of II and III tacked on to the ass-end of it. <p></blockquote> <p>Yes, chances are that you're right. I've said this before; Sega is just trying to scrape money from where ever they can get it. I'm sure they could care less about what happens to the remakes...and they could care even less about the phans. They've compromised quality and I've lost faith in Sega as a company.
Siren

Postby The Exile » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:17 pm

sega still EXIST as a company? :( *hides in a fallout shelter*<p>i looked at the link. they spelled motavia wrong.
The Exile

Postby OnnaWren » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:25 pm

Sega isn't even its own company anymore...<p>Sammy Sega Holdings wil be incorporated in October, and both companies lose their individual logos in favor of an intertwined "double s" design...<p>It truly is the end of an era.
OnnaWren

Postby LaconianShot » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:18 pm

<blockquote>Really? in what mag?</blockquote> <br><blockquote>What part of the quote didn't you understand, Ryucross? He said Electronic Gaming Monthly, aka EGM. </blockquote> <br>I think he meant what issue was it in...hold on... hmm... Issue 180, pg. 28. Bottom bar.<br>Hell, I'll just quote it for everyone:<br><blockquote><i>Published in Electronic Gaming Monthly, Issue 180</i><br><b>Sega Debuts Next Phantasy Star:</b> Sega's Sonic Team recently revealed <i>Phantasy Star Universe</i>, a massively multiplayer sequel to its <i>Phantasy Star Online</i> franchise. No release date or target platforms where divulged (all signs point to Playstation 2), but expect a return to the Algol star system (from the Genesis <i>PS</i> games) and new playable races.</blockquote> <br>Basically, they have accumulated all the phony news circulating among the gaming websites and magazines. If you ask me, they haven't a clue on what is going on, they just said something for the sake of saying something. Not to be outdone, eh? %) <br>Sega and Sammy... expect appearances by Sonic and Tails in some obscure remake of Guilty Gear X (which actually isn't a bad fighting game) and Chao themed pachinko machines.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by LaconianShot on [TIME]1090959569[/TIME]][/size]
LaconianShot

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star