It crossed my mind.... *Possible spoiler*

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby DaveGeorge » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:47 pm

If PSIII is supposed to take place aprox 1000years after PSIV how can Dark force still be alive when Chaz and the others destroyed the profound darkness a millenium earlier??<p>Nah... PsIII and PsIV must occur at the same time
DaveGeorge

Postby Monocromatico » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:08 pm

The Dark Force was in the ship for 1000 years by that date, so he could have been released with the others, as well.
Monocromatico

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:28 pm

Actually, PSIV and PSIII take place at the same time...I think DarkForce splits when Palm exploded in PSII (I forget were I heard this theory) and half went on Noah and the other half escaped with the Palmans on Alisa III. This may be wrong, but it stands to reason, and makes some sense.
LaconianShot

Postby Monocromatico » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:37 pm

DaveGeorge is referring to the fact that, in the original japanese PS3, the war between Orakio and Laya took place 1000 years after the explosion of Palma (by the same time of PS4), and the game per se starts 1000 years after that.
Monocromatico

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:57 pm

It doesn't matter from which version you look at; the battle against Dark Force in PSIII inevitably takes place after PSIV.<p>This would mean that Dark Force doesn't need to have its mother 'alive' to survive.
Benoit

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:51 pm

Theoretically the DF in PS III was like the one from PS 1. It destroyed the world ships one by one before deciding on Alisa 3 to let the Palmans destroy themselves. That Dark Force at the end promises to return in 1000 years.<p>I conclude that the DF was sealed by Orakio's sword to begin with, When it is killed again, the sword seals it away once again. In 1000 years someone will remove the sword and he will come back.<p>DF apparently feeds of hatred and anger, Hence Rulakir being sustained by him for 1000 years.<p>
Lord Khyron

Postby DaveGeorge » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:06 pm

So if we live by the fact that dark force can live without it's mother (P.D) a sequel to PSIII or IV (whichever you want) wouldn't be entirely impossible...<br><p>[size=small][Edit by DaveGeorge on [TIME]1077289592[/TIME]][/size]
DaveGeorge

Postby Goldark » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:17 pm

AFAIK The Profound Darkness is not an entity, but something like the manifestation of the hate of a spiritual race which were sealed away by another spiritual race, The Grat Light. This is what I had understood from reading the compendium translated by Rebecca Capowsky (sp?). Dark Force, or Falz, or Phallus ~0 , is none other than another manifestation of this defeated race.<p>P.S. Lord Khyron, your avatar is messing the board at my resolution (800x600), it's funny though.
Goldark

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:06 pm

I'll fix it.. Maybe I can find something better.. HM.. I got it!!
Lord Khyron

Return to Phantasy Star