Hugh, Kain or Anna? (PSII)

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Dorrinal » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:53 am

Zucca wrote:Between Anna and Kain... Well. Both sucks. Kain's weakest point is when you go get Nei equipments. I don't know how well he manages with Laconian Maces against bio/dark enemies, but at least he can use his techs agains high DP enemies aka. robots. ;) Also I remember He can equip Nei Armor.

I cannot say who is better (Kain or Anna). I've always taken Anna. I guess I like slicers.

Um. My post was referring to the boss fights. Kain wins, hands down. Only Rudo is better.

For reference, Laconian Mace does as much damage as the AC Slasher, albeit to only one target. More to the point: why would you attack with maces when you have Storm Gear?
Dorrinal
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Muuu teKi » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:09 am

I felt I'd add some things to this discussion:

Hugh is great for Climatrol. Around that area the enemies have a TON of defense. Equip him and Amy with Acidshots and they become powerhouses during the section, doing about 40 damage per turn each, and for less money than Rudo's similarly-powered weapons. In addition, SaGen was pretty useful during those times when going up against a long string of (3 or 4) biomonsters in that part of the game.

Currently in the dams with Anna, Rudo, and Kain. Kain's got some decent equipment he can use to aid his defense, but since he can't use the acidshots, Rudo is worth keeping in. Anna however is not good against single enemies. Kain's got some decent techs, though, that aren't TOO expensive to use, most of the time. In any case this setup requires a TON of trimates.

Does leveling up Shir make it more likely for her to steal Moon Dew? I will need a ton of it later in the game, I'm sure...
Last edited by Muuu teKi on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Move sig for great justice!
Muuu teKi
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Zucca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:36 pm

I always try not to change much my party in PSII. That's why keeping Hugh only a short period isn't always an option for me.

Btw. Great sig! :)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Shadowcaster » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:05 pm

In my fair opinion Hugh is pretty much weakest character in PS2. I didn't keep him to the end, but many of his techniques like Doran, Shinb, Shiza and Rimit are useless.
Shadowcaster
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Zucca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:02 pm

Shadowcaster wrote:In my fair opinion Hugh is pretty much weakest character in PS2.
I wish they (devs) could have given him more techniques. :|
www.pscave.com/ps2/hugh.shtml wrote:
Code: Select all
Technique  Type      TP  When you get it
Rimit      Attack    3   LV2
Doran      Attack    2   LV3
Gen        Attack    1   LV3
Sagen      Attack    3   LV5
Shinb      Attack    4   LV5
Shiza      Attack    6   LV6
Res        Recovery  3   LV8
Foi        Attack    2   LV9
Gifoi      Attack    6   LV12
Vol        Attack    8   LV15
Zan        Attack    4   LV18
Savol      Attack    16  LV24
Gra        Attack    8   LV27
Gires      Recovery  7   LV30
Gigra      Attack    12  LV33
After Vol you only have one more useful tech to learn: SaVol. :( But as you can see, none of the good techs aren't expensive to use.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Dorrinal » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:08 am

Yes something like Nafoi would be nice so he has something to do on the bosses.
Dorrinal
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Muuu teKi » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:28 am

A more powerful version of Sagen would have been nice, or of just Gen itself. (Gigen, Nagen? I'd have loved either!)

And of course more elemental techs. ALL the tsus, gras, fois, and zans. I don't get why the tech user doesn't have enough techs.
Move sig for great justice!
Muuu teKi
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby ThugsRook » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:04 pm

i just stick with Rolf, Nei, Rudo, and Amy. Shir only gets used for a short time for the Visaphone, Anna replaces Nei.

Kain and Hugh work better together. if you wanna use them get them in your party asap and stick with them so they can level up.

changing party members isnt the best of ideas :?
ThugsRook
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Semix » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:25 pm

didnt know you can customize members...lol
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 pm

You really should try to play it. :D
No wonder you got tired to it when you didn't knew the half the game offered.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Semix » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:07 pm

maybe soon, but at the moment it would be hard to find the time. I have tones of homework, and a clan to manage, im the leader of a COD clan with over 30 members, and they expect me to play with them on COD. I just havnt been on my PSP latley (it where i first found the PS series) and with just gonnen farcry 2 aswell, i wont be on sega mega drive collection, anyway sorry for not giving it a chance :P
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Zucca » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:28 am

Semix wrote:anyway sorry for not giving it a chance :P
No need to be sorry. It was just my suggestion. ;)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby NYKgjl10 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:35 am

Zucca wrote:I belive PSII is easiest to complete with: Rolf, Rudo, Amy and Anna.
Amy can be replaced with Hugh or Kain, if you just keep buying healing items. I prefer Amy even she does not inflict much damage. Altough she can use Storm Gear on hi-dp enemies.

Well said!! I always manage with Rolf,Rudo,Amy, and Anna. But One day, I would like to add Kain just to see what happens.
NYKgjl10
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Zucca » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:29 pm

Kain is very useful in dams. But usually I rather have someone else in place of him to avoid training someone else to replace him on Dezo.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Abominae » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:44 pm

My PS2 team had that config: Rolf, Rudo, Anna, Amy (does their position on the list affect enemy targeting percentages?)

I took one of the items you can use to cast foi (gifoi? I think it was a fire staff) for amy since I had her with two shields on.

I think my characters averaged around level 40-45. Mother Brain went down faster than she would have being offered a good couple hundred bucks.
Abominae

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star