Interesting Rune info to debate..

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:38 pm

Not really, I'm using the compendium to justify what I READ IN IT. Hell, You probably believe Climatrol was destroyed and there was only 100 earthmen. The PS 2 original script says otherwise, Hell, it even states where DF came from!<p>If the GL couldn't destroy the Profound Darkness, how the hell could a wimpy child and 4 others? The PD was prevented from ever escaping or harming algo again. It wasn't destroyed.<p>You, just like most ccers, can't comprehend more than one definition of a word. <p>"To render useless or ineffective: "<p>IS one definition of destroy. The PD's attempts to destroy Algo are now rendered useless. There is no breaking of the seal, no fluxuations. It is forever trapped.<p>Why is that so hard to comprehend? Even the japanese script will support that the PD wasn't destroyed. Hell, the compendium is based off of the info in the games to begin with.<p>P.S. You're the idiot who tried to pull out of your ass reasons for Onna lying to you about what I said. And you still tried to justify your fallacies!<p>I believe the PD can no longer destroy algo or hurt it. It is trapped forever.<p>There is no way in hell a wimpy kid and 4 others could do what a Universal god couldn't do. No way in hell. <p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1109374744[/TIME]][/size]<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1109374787[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby ThePeaGuy » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:17 am

<blockquote>There is no way in hell a wimpy kid and 4 others could do what a Universal god couldn't do. No way in hell.</blockquote> <p>It is plausible because it is fiction. <p>When you create a fictional universe in movies, books, and video games, it allows its creator to open up as many possibilites as the creator sees fit, without it adhering to the rules and boundaries of the universe that the creator belongs to. This is the basis of all that is fiction.<p><p>[size=small][Edit by ThePeaGuy on [TIME]1109377532[/TIME]][/size]
ThePeaGuy

Postby Lord Khyron » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:16 am

Says one of the anti-Episode 3 crowd..<p>Anyways, I believe the PD is sealed permanently. No more harming algo.<p>It's the same affect as if it was destroyed. <p>One of the rules of fiction is that gods can do more than normal chars. <p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1109381248[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby PSP » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:37 am

*falls over laughing* <p>Your desperation is amusing.<p>-Corey
PSP

Postby Lord Khyron » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:40 am

Not really, My belief is confirmed by the compendium.<p>It is also my right to believe it.<p>I'm not the one who follows someone so fanatically, that when they lied to me, I believed it.<p>I back my beliefs up with facts, You do not.<p>Desperation? Not really, I don't care what you believe ^^ <p>I explained my point.
Lord Khyron

Postby ThePeaGuy » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:46 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>Says one of the anti-Episode 3 crowd..<p>[/quote]<p>One of the Anti-Episode 3 crowd? What ever do you mean?<p>
<i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>Anyways, I believe the PD is sealed permanently. No more harming algo.<p>It's the same affect as if it was destroyed. <p>
<p>I see that you are still using the "My opinion is right, and there is nothing you can do to change my mind!" method. <p>You are still not even considering revaluating your theory under other people's counterarguments towards it. That is a wrong attitude to use in a debate.<p>Also, when you use "I believe" or "I think", you are merely highlighting only your own perception of how the PS saga ended with a bang, not based on factual events of the final game in the original series of PS.<p>
<i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>One of the rules of fiction is that gods can do more than normal chars. <p>
<p>Again, as I've said before, a fictional universe is not influenced by outside means, no matter how logical and acceptable it may seem from the outside influence.<p>[quote]<i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>P.S. We can use Tolkien as a example. When Numenor was crushed in the ocean, Sauron was supposedly destroyed, but his soul lived on, tied to the one ring. He was trapped between dimensions. He had no body, yet he could influence as a spirit trapped. When the ring is destroyed, that gate was gone and he vanished from Middle Earth. The object keeping him on Middle Earth is gone. He is unable to ever enter Middle Earth and cause it trouble. <p>Since Sauron is a Maiar, like the Istari and Balrogs, the rules of them must be followed. <p>BUT! He would be reborn in the Undying lands, because the MAIAR are gods. If they die, they will be reborn on Middle Earth if the need arises. If not, they will be reborn with the Valar. <p>The Wizards or Istari were Maiar also. <br></blockquote><p>The discussion is based upon the universe of Phantasy Star, not Tolkien's Lord of the Rings'. That has no relevence to Phantasy Star, so please: stop derailing the main subject of this topic.<p><p>[size=small][Edit by ThePeaGuy on [TIME]1109382774[/TIME]][/size]
ThePeaGuy

Postby Lord Khyron » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:51 am

Actually, Peaguy, I took that out of my post because it didn't exactly prove my point about that rule of fiction.<p>I removed that from my post long before you replied O.o<p>I don't trust the english translation, look at how 2 and 3 were screwed up. I will trust the compendium and what it says. That is to be referenced to understand the series. I follow the compendium, because most of it's other information is factual. It helps to understand much. <p>If I see the english PS IV translation is perfect, then I will change my opinion. Until then, I will use the compendium.<p>That is what it was designed for. I choose to believe in different meanings of the word destroy and seal. I've already conceded that what was destroyed was the part of the PD able to almost enter Algo. That is a measure of destroy. <p>Besides, what I believe doesn't harm you in any way, Yet you still care?<p>I feel honored to be a member of the inquisition. Let's do away with tolerance. <p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1109382810[/TIME]][/size]<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1109383946[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby PSP » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:15 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><br>I don't trust the english translation, look at how 2 and 3 were screwed up. I will trust the compendium and what it says. </blockquote><p>So, let's get this straight...you trust one translation by one party (Rebecca Capowski's translation of the Compendium)...but not the other (Sega's translation of PSIV). That's...convenient. Unless you wish to tell me you're reading the Compendium in Nihongo.<p>-Corey<br>
PSP

Postby Lord Khyron » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:17 am

Actually, Rebeckah has been known for honest translations.<p>Unlike the group who translated PS gaiden and changed a major plot element.<p>The compendium is readible in english, with a great translation.<p>Until I find better, I will use it.<p>Why would I believe SoA's translation, when they screwed up 2 and 3's translation?
Lord Khyron

Postby Gipper » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:19 am

The problem with the way that you believe is that you assume that the Japanese version of PS is "right" and the American version is "wrong." A lot of things are different, but both are equally valid.
Gipper

Postby Lord Khyron » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:22 am

If both versions are equal, then subbed and dubbed anime is equal. Especially since many of the times, subtitles match the dub.<p>I love being the target of a inquisition. I love the fact I never called names or accused anyone else of doublt standards, yet it is being done to me.<p>Kinda ironic eh? To hell with tolerance right?<p>All I've done is defended my beliefs with my facts. Nothing is wrong with that.<p>But to PSP and Pea, it seems to be.
Lord Khyron

Postby PSP » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:24 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><br>Why would I believe SoA's translation, when they screwed up 2 and 3's translation? <br></blockquote><p>Show me that it was the same people who did the official translations for PSII, III and IV, and I'll agree with you.<p>-Corey
PSP

Postby Lord Khyron » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:26 am

Should be easy to read in the credits.<p>I'm not saying anything else on the matter, I refuse to be a victim of a inquisition.
Lord Khyron

Postby PSP » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:28 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron (basically)</i><br>I refuse to debate in the debate thread I started.<br></blockquote><p>Very well.<p>-Corey
PSP

Postby ThePeaGuy » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:30 am

Khyron, I am not arguing your beliefs because you think that I don't like you, I'm arguing with you because I enjoy debating with you and other people online that loves the Phantasy Star series.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by ThePeaGuy on [TIME]1109385115[/TIME]][/size]
ThePeaGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star