PS3 Forsaken Evil

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

PS3 Forsaken Evil

Postby steve_muzz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:15 am

I posted here back a long time ago about my PS3 remake. That project was sadly lost due to a failed hard drive however my new game has been in the works for sometime.

It's now time to bring it officially into the PS Cave & PS community. I've set-up a small site which will feature updates and eventually a working download. When I have some cash I'll register a proper domain name. If you wish to contact me feel free to use the form on the site or message here.

http://stephenjmurray0.wix.com/ps3forsakenevil
steve_muzz
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Re: PS3 Forsaken Evil

Postby DarkMyau » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:23 pm

An inteesting idea here.

But "no generations" raised an eyebrow.

I assume your going Rhys/Nial/Aron? Which was cannon I think.

That never really made sense to me. why would Rhys marry Lena? He didnt seem to know her, when she rescued him, but he was five seconds away from marrying Maia. Even though I wrote that Alair will marry Nail. I always thought Rhys married Maia and had Ayn who married Sari who had Crys. Why would Ayn marry his cousin Thea?
DarkMyau
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby steve_muzz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:48 pm

I think you can look at that two ways... When Rhys finds out that Maia is Layan and he's been on a massive wild chase that may change his opinion. Lena has been very loyal to him throughout and surely adventuring together they would get to know each other quite well. Maybe Rhys realises he has a obligation to the people of Landen to united the two kingdoms and marry a fellow Orakian.

OR

I think as far as Lena is concerned we should assume they have history. Since Landen and Satera are close and seem both Orakian we could assume they had contact growing up. I suspect they had a relationship, I'm not so sure about the whole "Hi I'm Lena" which might imply a first meeting but who knows. Best to think logically that the game was rushed so maybe the developers didn't have time to explain her. I would say I am open to generations but its a lot of work.

My view is they didn't have to time to give us more information on Lena.
steve_muzz
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:14 pm

All routes are canon.

At any rate, I look forward to playing the finished game. :)
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby The PS Logo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:24 am

I'm curious to see how the tech power distribution will be handled.
The PS Logo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Kalisiin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:19 pm

DarkMyau wrote:An inteesting idea here.

But "no generations" raised an eyebrow.

I assume your going Rhys/Nial/Aron? Which was cannon I think.

That never really made sense to me. why would Rhys marry Lena? He didnt seem to know her, when she rescued him, but he was five seconds away from marrying Maia. Even though I wrote that Alair will marry Nail. I always thought Rhys married Maia and had Ayn who married Sari who had Crys. Why would Ayn marry his cousin Thea?

Agreed, but always hated the name "Crys" - I know they MEANT it to be like CHRIS....but it LOOKS like CRIES.
Kalisiin
Locusta
Locusta

Postby steve_muzz » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:30 pm

I only liked Aron and Sean from the 3rd gen!
steve_muzz
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby DarkMyau » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:53 am

Hi!

Is this still going? If so you must be making great progress.

Maybe it would be an idea to release each generation separately.
DarkMyau
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby steve_muzz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:14 am

Hiya yes I am still working on this but very slowly.

I am considering releasing the 1st generation on its own. Most of the maps, dialogue and story are done for the 1st generation the combat system is proving to be a very slow thing. Literally I'd say it's 90% done the last 10% is combat.

I wanted to replicate a lot of the original damage, monster and item stats but it's proving near impossible to find this data online. I really need to get around to updating my website etc.

The story is still going to feature 3 generations just you won't be able to select who you marry.
steve_muzz
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Zucca » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:15 am

Nice.
This time, keep backups. ;)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:39 pm

steve_muzz wrote:I wanted to replicate a lot of the original damage, monster and item stats but it's proving near impossible to find this data online.

Have you tried using the tool Aridia? lorenzo's PSIII disassembly would also be a big help with this.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby lorenzo » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:35 am

BenoitRen wrote:Have you tried using the tool Aridia? lorenzo's PSIII disassembly would also b e a big help with this.

He sent me a PM a few days ago asking me if I found formulas for PSIII. I tried searching the disassembly, but I couldn't find them; I asked steve_muzz if he wanted to have PSIV formulas instead since I know more about this game so I can find things more easily, and he agreed.

So now I'm sending him PM's with all the stuff I can find.
lorenzo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Lutz25 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:05 pm

I can't wait to play this! Although PS3 gets a bad rep, I loved it. If the developers had more time, there was a lot of potential for a very deep story and descriptive characters. I always thought the game was fairly easy as far as difficulty. Generation 1 was the hardest.
Lutz25
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby steve_muzz » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:55 am

I'm still working on this when I get time I've managed to start working on the damage system however it's going to be a long time before it's done. I literally have all the maps, characters, items and story done now for the first generation. Once combat is done I can release a test/alpha/beta play through etc.
steve_muzz
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Lutz25 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:58 am

I'll be patiently waiting!
Lutz25
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Return to Phantasy Star