Do you hate Neifirst?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Do you hate Neifirst?

Postby DarkMyau » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:31 am

I found this image by accident the other day:
I was very upset when Nei died and Yes I hated Neifirst.

I do get that she had a tragic life, but I still havent forgiven her for killing Nei.

How about everyone else?
DarkMyau
Scorpius
Scorpius

Re: Do you hate Neifirst?

Postby etony33 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:28 am

I do not hate Neifirst.

As a young kid, I was absolutely heartbroken. However, I now realize that Nei basically had to die. Without that happening, Rolf would have no reason to continue fighting. Up until you face Neifirst, Rolf is simply doing his job. Nei's death gave Rolf's character a lot more depth and made him realize that he had to fight evil because it was the right thing to do.

As an aside, characters dying in other games (and by other games, you know exactly what I am talking about, and I'm not talking about Alys Brangwin) never really bothered me that much, because I already had seen it with Nei.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby MrStarbird » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:57 am

Numans generally have a short lifespan anyway, but how can one hate a creature who is innocent as Neifirst? Okay, maybe innocent is the wrong word considering she basically let loose a crap ton of biomonsters on Mota, but she was an artificial life form to begin with, meaning her creators had to have had some hand in how they wanted her to be. Pity is probably the best word I would use to describe Neifirst. Being created as she was, she never really had a chance in the world. Perhaps if circumstances had been different and she was even found by a kind person before she went insane, Nei would have never felt compelled to split from her and Neifirst would have lived a short, normal life.
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby rejlive » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:20 am

My dad leveled up all the characters before entering the fight with Nei first after he saw her killed the first play through. He had to try a few times but he kept her alive and defeated the evil Nei. Unfortunately the cut scenes of her dying still showed but she remained in the group but there were no special cut scenes of her talking or anything through out the rest of the game. Probably a glitch or early version but you keep her for the remainder of the game. It has been so long so I do not know if there are any other pros or cons to this. Anyone else experience this as I have not I just played through regular each time.
rejlive
Pinchant
Pinchant

Return to Phantasy Star