Anyone ever beat Re-Faze?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Re: Anyone ever beat Re-Faze?

Postby etony33 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:06 pm

If Re-Faze is so damn tough, why can't he go kill the Profound Darkness himself?
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:44 am

With an average of 390 per hit, three hits before using the first Sol-Dea and two hits per Sol-Dew after that (this would require a tool assisted run or a one in a million battle where Megid hits for the minimum amount every time), you could hit Re-Faze 69 times. That would net you just under 27,000. If you could bring the average up to 475 per hit (not sure if you can - maybe with the Power Shield? One turn with the power shield in lieu of attacking), you would be able to do JUST enough. Even with an emulator, you'd need incredible luck just not to die, as you would need to a) hit for additional damage), b) always get hit with Megid for the lowest amount of damage, and c) go first every time you use the Sol-Dew.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby myau56 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:43 am

About Saccubus, yes you can beat it but here again it's not very Worth trying it ! Like a lot of bosses battle that you can't normaly win, if finaly you win it's not Worth the effort ! I don't know exacttly how you are gonna earn but...ah I've found it ! It's only 10 experience points and O mesetas !

Doctor Hooves wrote:There's a hack called "Party Select" where you can select the party freely (I first saw it nearly 7 years ago and never once got to play it >>), so if everyone was at level 99 and you had the right party, you likely indeed could defeat Re-Faze... but I doubt a single meseta and experience point will be that satisfying.

Ah still another thing that I didn't know ! So thank you for sharing ! :)
myau56
Locusta
Locusta

Postby etony33 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:32 pm

I don't think I have ever *not* beaten Saccubus. I usually do so quite easily, in fact. Once I get Odin, I buy the Needle Gun, Thick Fur, Ceramic Sword (for Alis) Zirconian Armor (for Odin), two Ceramic Shields (Odin and Alis), Magic Lamp, get the Iron Fang from the Iala Cave, then buy Alis a Diamond Armor...all before going to meet the Governor.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:33 pm

I find the Red Dragon fight in the hidden section of the Maharu Cave to be more different than Saccubus.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby myau56 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:29 pm

etony33 wrote:I don't think I have ever *not* beaten Saccubus. I usually do so quite easily, in fact. Once I get Odin, I buy the Needle Gun, Thick Fur, Ceramic Sword (for Alis) Zirconian Armor (for Odin), two Ceramic Shields (Odin and Alis), Magic Lamp, get the Iron Fang from the Iala Cave, then buy Alis a Diamond Armor...all before going to meet the Governor.

Ah yes ? You've beaten Saccubus every time you faced it ? great ! I've never beaten it ! Because I've never grinded at a high level and never searched the Iron Fang before or even bought the Diamond armor ! With all that, yes you can beat it ! :)
And yes I know the secret door in the Maharu cave but I can't remember if it's tougher than the Saccubus.
myau56
Locusta
Locusta

Postby etony33 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:48 pm

The battle itself isn't tougher, per se (with the Red Dragon). It's just that your health has been depleted to some degree by that point, and you still need to get Noah (if you haven't done so already) and get out of the cave (so you need to have enough MP for Myau to cast EXIT if he knows it, or if he doesn't, you have to climb your way out)
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby myau56 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:41 am

With Lutz's/Noah's help, yes it would be far more easy ! And yes you must have enough MP for Myau to cast the spell, as you can't have the flute at this stage of the game (and there is no item that can make exit the dungeon at once).
myau56
Locusta
Locusta

Postby etony33 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:04 pm

He isn't that helpful, really. He is at level 1 or close to it, and dies quickly.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby myau56 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:05 am

Yes but he can leveled up pretty quickly ! But not so fast as there is no really monsters that are giving a lot of experience points in the Maharau cave...
myau56
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Doctor Hooves » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:28 pm

I used cheat codes to beat him.

I used the debug mode to get to Alys without Chaz parting from the others.

Re-Faze is very hard with an all-level 99 party still. I was very low on everything. Very little works on Re-Faze. Crosscut does extremely high damage to him, though.

And you'd think everyone in the party gets 1 EXP... well, no, you get 0 EXP. It breaks it down even further so nobody gets EXP. You get 1 meseta though... yay?
Doctor Hooves
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby etony33 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:22 pm

When game developers set it up so that I can't do something, I flip them the bird and d9 it anyway. It gives my life meaning ;)

So when I really, truly can't do something, like in this case, it makes me sad.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Is there any way (either with particular equipment or some sort of buffer) to reduce how much damage Chaz takes from each Megid?

If Chaz could somehow squeeze in an extra turn to attack in between Sol-Dews, he may have a shot. It would take extreme luck as far as Chaz going first, because there would probably be no room for the Swift Helm.

Alternatively, is there any weapon/item that is reusable and that would do more damage than Chaz's skills/physical attack?
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:25 am

Doctor Hooves...you're right, Crosscut does do a ton of damage. Holy sh*t, this might actually be possible. Let me do some math.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:56 am

I'm optimistic that it can be done with save state abuse (getting Megid to do 634 or less damage over three castings). It seems to have a range of anywhere from 210-260, so getting it into the low end every time would work. Chaz has 32 Sol-Dew, a Swift Helm (not technically necessary as save state abuse would be required either way, but helpful), and a Power Shield (absolutely necessary). After buffing with the Power Shield, Crosscut does ~525 damage each time. You would need to be able to attack twice in between Sol-Dew (which is why it needs to do the low end of damage). 525*39=20,475. You'd have 12 Sol Dew remaining at that point. Rayblade does ~410 damage. That's another 9,840, putting you at 30,315. At that point, Chaz can alternate between casting Nares twice and using Rayblade once, and he'll have enough Rayblade charges to pull it off.

Is there a way to decrease Megid's damage? Even slightly? Would a different armor be better against it than the Guard Mail? Or a different helmet better than the Algo Ring? Or is there any buff that'll help (I don't think Mahlay Shield does, unfortunately)?

Either way, it's theoretically possible. Thanks for figuring that out with Crosscut, Doctor Hooves. If I'm able to successfully do this (with or without save state abuse - I'm actually not sure if it can be manipulated. That will require testing), you will absolutely get credit for helping.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star