Did Rolf and the others survive?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Did Rolf and the others survive?

Postby etony33 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:21 am

I say yes, because a) Lutz could teleport them at will, and b) there's no remnant of the Earthmen left by Phantasy Star IV.

What say ye?
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Re: Did Rolf and the others survive?

Postby MrStarbird » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:14 pm

I have always believed that they didn't survive the battle. Granted Lutz could teleport them out, in Phantasy Star IV there is no remnants of any of the heroes (none of them had children and Rolf had no bloodline to carry on, which you think would have happened if they had survived as the developers would want to keep Alis' line alive). There aren't even so much as a MENTION of the heroes in Phantasy Star IV, but there is mention of Alis. This tells me that Rolf and company didn't live to tell their tale to people, so nobody in Algo really knew what happened that day.

It's not to say that Rolf and company didn't take the earthmen down with him. There is no indication of Earthlings as well. There was always a theory that went around that Tyler lent a hand in taking down the spaceship Noah from outside. He was probably under orders from Lutz to wait until Dark Force and Mother Brain were defeated until he would make his move.

It is under my assumption that after two intense battles, Rolf and company would have been moreso overwhelmed by hundreds of earthmen attacking them at once. But I am sure everybody took as many as they could down with them.
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby myau56 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:27 am

After having read what you have written , MrStarbird, yes and unfortunately it seems that Rolf and the others weren't able to succeed in surviving as there are no traces of them or descendants or even memories of them in Phantasy Star IV (alas !), as there was for Alisa, Myau and Lutz (but none tied to Tyrone/Odin, that for me was a shame ! Why did he have been forgotten ? :( )
And no earthmen too so maybe all the people in the Spaceship Noah were doomed to die at the end... :(
myau56
Locusta
Locusta

Postby MrStarbird » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:53 pm

That is why I think Tyler managed to blow the ship out of the sky with the Landale. Perhaps after that battle, he landed on Dezo, disarmed the ship, buried it, and formed the town of Tyler.
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby etony33 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:45 pm

I think Tyler was Shir's boyfriend. That's where she goes when she steals from a store in Dezo.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby etony33 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:47 pm

Anyway, is Alys Brangwin a descendant of Rolf (and by extension, Alis)? I've always thought that it's possible. We know very little about her backstory, and she's very secretive about it, yet she's considered a Protector despite never fighting Dark Force.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby myau56 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:07 pm

MrStarbird wrote:That is why I think Tyler managed to blow the ship out of the sky with the Landale. Perhaps after that battle, he landed on Dezo, disarmed the ship, buried it, and formed the town of Tyler.

That is a possibility and I often forget that Tyler was an important character, tied to both PSII and IV ! We know that he was the founder of the town that have his name in the fourth one (if I'm not mistaken) and is tied to the Landale/Landeel ship : it's a parmanian town in Dezolis (like was Skure in the first one ) founded by Tyler, and someone in this village refers to him as "The great leader Tyler". He is the founder as another people says, about the grave : "the grave of the first chief of this village"
And then maybe that was like you try to explain it, MrStarbird ! :) An interesting explanation !
myau56
Locusta
Locusta

Postby etony33 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Tyler most definitely founded the town of Tyler. That's indisputable. What other role(s) he played is less clear.

Regarding Odin, if you choose Gryz as your final character, he has Odin's axe.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby MrStarbird » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:44 pm

etony33 wrote:Tyler most definitely founded the town of Tyler. That's indisputable. What other role(s) he played is less clear.

Regarding Odin, if you choose Gryz as your final character, he has Odin's axe.

Yeah, Tyler is still a mystery but based on the fact that he was a space pirate, saved Rolf from death, "knew" about Lutz (though never said anything specific), and the gravestone calling Tyler a "Great Leader". To me, unless he had done something really special, people wouldn't have labeled him a great leader.

is that the name of the axe in the Japanese version? Because in the US release he has the Laconian Axe equipped at the end (keeping in mind that Laconia was fairly common by this time, so I am guessing it was NOT the same Laconian Axe that Odin used) and he can get the Defeat Axe (or even Blood Axe if you hack the game), but nowhere at least in the US version does he get Odin's Axe.
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:46 pm

No, some people just assume Gryz got Odin's axe because it's also a laconian axe. Which isn't that unreasonable, because there's no laconia on Motavia.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby MrStarbird » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:39 am

There may be no Laconia on Motavia, but it's not without reason that there could have been some left behind. Gryz gets all the Laconia gear, two pieces which are widely available (Mail and Helmet) and Seth also comes with a Laconia Dagger. There is no reason to think that either of them got to Dezolis as well. There's a few theories which could get people thinking, but it's just one of those that I never really thought about.
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby etony33 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:14 am

I'm not sure that Seth having a Laconian Dagger really means anything, since Seth is, well...
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby SandyLandale » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:36 am

I feel like Tyler is the descendant of Odin. Tairaa, Tairon. (Tyler, Tyrone) They're both handsome, muscular blond men. I feel like it'd been confirmed somewhere, too, but I could be wrong.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby etony33 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Hmmm. Interesting thought.

I'd think Odin's natural successor would be Rudo, though
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby MrStarbird » Sat May 13, 2017 7:02 am

Hmmm... Never thought of Tyler being a descendant of Odin. It would make sense. I mean it would make sense for Rudo as well, but just in the naming of Tyler it is a bit more believable. It would explain how Lutz has communication with Tyler as well as Rolf as they are both descendants of the people he fought with a thousand years past.
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Next

Return to Phantasy Star