PS3 unanswered questions

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

PS3 unanswered questions

Postby etony33 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:22 pm

Maybe the game (or other media) explored this. I'm not sure.

-How did Maia end up in Landen?
-How did Lyle know she was in Landen and about to marry Rhys? How did he get to Landen? How did he get back to Aquatica?
-How did the citizens of Lashute influence people? Considering that Dark Force was sealed away, and consider that the people there were (by all accounts) ordinary people, how were they able to yield influence? They wanted the moons to return, and they know they needed the Moon Stone and Moon Tear to do this, so how did they actually get Lyle and Lena to do what they wanted?
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Re: PS3 unanswered questions

Postby MrStarbird » Sat May 13, 2017 6:40 am

1. Even with my wild imagination I have always been stumped on that. Rhys found her washed up on a beach, but there are no waterways from Aquatica to Landen. My only POSSIBLE explanation would be that Lyle, being a daring and adventurous type, found the Sapphire somewhere and discovered the cave that took him to Landen. He brought along his cousin Maia and they made it all the way to Ilan. Something happened there and Maia fell into the water where she was washed up by Landen Town. Lyle was either off somewhere else at the time or tried to swim after her but failed. Granted he could have easily turned into a dragon to save her, but if this happened near Ilan, he might not wanted to have raised suspicion.

2. Answer 1 kind of answers this question. As far as how he got back to Aquatica, he used the Sapphire to take Maia back to Cille where the King told Lyle to spy on Rhys and perhaps hope that one of those "filthy Orakians" can control a Wren-Type Cyborg in order to fix their frozen land. So Lyle does just that and gives Rhys the Sapphire. Doing so would allow Rhys to see what is going on in Aquatica and perhaps do something to fix it. Rhys doesn't have a choice, as thawing out Aquatica would be the only way he could find Maia. From the Island Cave, Lyle uses the Twin's Ruby to get to Aridia and to the Control Tower to see if he can fix things himself.

3. The final question is actually really good. The Terminus dome was sealed after the Orakio/Laya War ended and Dark Force was sealed, so that limits what they could do. In a far stretch, Rulakir, under the influence of Dark Force, might have had some way to remotely communicate with the Control Tower in Aridia from in order to sabotage the Weather Control, thus setting things into motion. This probably happened right around the time Maia went missing. After Lyle returned to Cille with news that Maia had disappeared, he returned to a world of cold and ice. He knew HOW to fix the problem, but he needed an Orakian to control a Wren-type Cyborg to control it. After fixing the weather control, the melted ice could have very well flooded the bridge between Shusoran and Cille. Lyle finds the true heir to Orakio, Lena (at least in my opinion since she did have one of the two stones that Orakio and Laya used to seal away their generals on the moons) and after having Rhys prove his worth, they are forced to return to the Control Tower to bring the moons back to orbit just to get the land bridge to appear. Rulakir knew that in bringing the moons back that the generals would awaken and start a war. In doing so, he hoped that somebody would be forced to rely on the legendary weapons and pull Orakio's Sword in order to free Dark Force. So just by doing one thing, Rulakir knew that it would snowball from there.
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Sat May 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Lyle used the Twins' Ruby to enter Landen. The androids in Hazatak say that he stole the gem from them. Of course, he'd have gotten to Aridia first, but there is no seal on the passageway between Aquatica and Aridia.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby MrStarbird » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:46 pm

it wouldn't surprise me that Lyle stole the Twin's Ruby from Hazatak considering his nature, but looking in the game's script I didn't see any reference to Lyle taking it, unless it was mentioned in the Japanese script. I do like that theory though, he had the Twin's Ruby and went to Landen to find the Sapphire. *shrugs* there's a lot that still can be theorized.
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:00 am

Yes, it's in the Japanese script.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby DarkMyau » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:00 am

Ive thought about this quite a bit too.

1. It does seem odd that Maia just happen's to wash up near Landen and fall in love with Rhys. She also has no memory and as far as I can tell she doesnt get it back ever.
What I feel happened was written in a fan fiction I read once, in which she was kidnapped by Dark Forces minions and the sapphire was given to Lyle taunting him to follow them.
There's no proof that Dark Force didnt have minions outside of Terminus. Don't you find the fortune teller oddly out of place in Landen?

2. A royal marrige would be huge news. I would say everyone in the Landen Dome would know about it. So if Lyle was asking questions he would have easily heard about teh strange blue haied grl who washed up on shore one day.

3. The teleporter's say "Only Laya's kin may enter" Well who say the people of Lashute wern't Layan? Who knows which side they were on during the war. I would guess they were a bit of both. So the Layans could probably access the teleporter's but would need the passages open so the Orakian's could war with the Layan's.
DarkMyau
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby etony33 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:10 am

Ah, but other Layans, likely descended from Laya herself (Rhys is a descendant of Orakio, so it stands to reason that the kings of Shusoran and Cille would be descended from Laya), couldn't teleport without the pendant. Even Laya herself couldn't use them until getting the pendant.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby DarkMyau » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:20 pm

You have a great point there.

But my agents theory still stands. Dark Force could still try and influence someone weak to do his bidding. He had power to spare.
DarkMyau
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby MadBill » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:51 pm

-How did Maia end up in Landen?

Not sure where I saw this theory but I found it interesting: Maia travelled to Landen in secrecy as a diplomat along with other ambassadors desperatly seeking for help to solve the weather issue in Aquatica against her father's will. Lyle, the one supposed to marry her, was tasked to find and bring her back to Cille after her sudden disappearance. Maia eventually reaches landen through the cave systems but her party is attacked by monsters while doing so. Exhausted and lost she faints and the rest is what happens in the game, Rhys finds her etc. etc.
MadBill
Locusta
Locusta

Postby etony33 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:14 pm

^Hmmm. That's quite plausible, but it still fails to answer the question of how she was able to get to Landen without the Sapphire (unless she got the TwinsRuby somehow, but then, what about Lyle?)
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby MadBill » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:09 am

Here:

http://www.psalgo.com/profiles/lyle.html

Lyle's uncle is king of the neighboring Layan kingdom of Cille. After Lyle's cousin, Maia, went missing, Lyle searched for and found her in Landen, where he learned she was about to marry the Orakian prince, Rhys. After stealing a Landen royal treasure, the Sapphire, Lyle changed to his draconian form and interrupted the wedding of Rhys and Maia by crashing through the ceiling. He carried the bride off and flew her back to Cille, prompting Rhys to follow in search of Maia.

Perhaps Maia had the Sapphire along with her since the very beginning until it was confiscated by the Landens and guarded as a treasure.

What about Lyle?

No idea. My best guess is that his Draconian Form allows him to "cheat" and travel freely to neighboring domes.
MadBill
Locusta
Locusta

Postby etony33 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:03 am

I can't refute the theory that Lyle could move freely about the Alisa III, as there's no information that contradicts it. Also, you never had any reason to go elsewhere while Lyle is around (either with Rhys or Ayn). And Lyle DID manage to get to Draconia without actually possessing the Dragon Tear, so...maybe. It is quite plausible.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby MadBill » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Two questions down then. About Lashute, I'll need to play the game again. I can't remember most of what happens during 3rd generation quests.

The one thing that I find absolutely great in this game is the fact that it feels "rushed" and "incomplete", which allows fans like us to fill in those gaps. =)
MadBill
Locusta
Locusta

Postby MadBill » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:21 pm

I'm in the middle of Ayn's quest and to be honest...it doesn't make any sense at all.

Breaking it down:

1- Machines are attacking Layan cities in Aquatica. (huh...ok...so far, so plot.)
2- Machines are coming from Draconia. (how the heck they are travelling through domes? I guess they require no gem/key because of...reasons)
3- Rhys and Lyle escape to Wren's cave in Aridia. (They could have gone to Agoe, which is CLOSER and doing just fine as it is not under siege by Siren)
4- The cave is also sieged by machines, nice call guys... (it's funny to see a kid walking around as if he doesn't give a damn about rampaging robots...)
5- Thea, Lyle's daughter, has been kidnapped and taken to Lensol in Draconia for no particular reason (maybe just to be rescued because of...reasons)
6- Lensol has a castle, which means it has rulers, but they are nowhere to be found and there are no clues about them... (who cares right?)
7- At Endora some random dude says he wasnt able to save Thea but he managed to open the castle gate (lol ok and no one bothered to close it back)

Ayn's quest is a complete mess of events and I doubt it will go back on track by the end of it. Am I missing something (storywise)?
MadBill
Locusta
Locusta

Postby etony33 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:38 pm

The machines were probably coming from Azura originally. Perhaps Siren had a second Dragon Tear?

Maybe the people of Agoe weren't willing to forgive and forget so easily after being at war with Shusoran.

Can't really say why they went to the Western Cave.

Thea, being the princess of Shusoran, would be a very valuable hostage.

The rulers could have been hiding or incognito.

Maybe the guy damaged the gate's mechanism so it couldn't be closed.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Next

Return to Phantasy Star