One thing I kinda wonder about PSIII...

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

One thing I kinda wonder about PSIII...

Postby Doctor Hooves » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Why are enemy locations so odd? For example, Eindons show up in a whole ton of locations. The only time they'll never really appear anyone is in Ayn's paths. Other enemies can be placed so randomly - such as enemies in G3 Western Cave or Shusoran.

Some enemies also appear in places you'd never really expect - Kensais and Dragons show up in G2 Dahlia Dungeon, and G3 Draconia being used as a disposal for nearly all remaining recolours. There are also a lot of enemies you'll never meet depending on your generation (though this is kinda forgiveable).

There's also the removed enemies (e.g Imp, Gryphon, Twistbot), but there a bit of a different story...
Doctor Hooves
Blastoid
Blastoid

Re: One thing I kinda wonder about PSIII...

Postby DarkMyau » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:39 pm

That is true, I always figured it was due to PS3 being rushed. It does feel very incomplete.
DarkMyau
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby MrStarbird » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:10 pm

It is probably more or less due to the fact that it was rushed. I mean the whole thing with monsters not showing up during Ayn's quest is more story-driven where Siren's army invaded and got rid of all of the monsters that Laya once controlled by either killing them or driving them to Elysium and Frigidia. Keep in mind that if you compare the timelines for Ayn and Nial's quest, Nial's quest technically happens 4 years after Ayn's, so the events of Siren had already unfolded, however, the damage he had done was contained within Aquatica and Draconia in those extra 4 years. By the time third generation rolls around, both Lune's and Siren's troops have more or less just gone off on their own with no control whatsoever.
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Doctor Hooves » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:29 pm

Wait, I made a mistake...

Kensai's and Dragon's don't normally appear in G2 Dahlia Dungeon. Only if you use walkthrough walls codes to get there early. Some cutscene (likely meeting Laya) must trigger them to be absent. If you go to fight Lune early too, he's shown in the general dungeon background, rather than the Dahlia/Azura surface cloudy background. Guess what other enemy I met the dungeon?

The Skeleton enemy. A removed enemy. It must have been misplaced there. Pretty interesting if you ask me. The Kensai and Drake appear in G3 later on.
Doctor Hooves
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby etony33 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 pm

I think Ayn's age was a mistranslation. If you try to go to Landen from Aquatica with Ayn, you are told "you cannot enter. Lune forbids it!".
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Doctor Hooves » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Yeah, and if Nial's quest took place 3 years after, then Orakian lands would've appeared done something about Lune by then. He also looks older than 15, generally speaking.
Doctor Hooves
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby etony33 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:36 pm

"Lune forbids it", the destruction of Satera, and the inability to go to Azura with Aron or Adan (and also, you can't go to Cille, either)...these things all tell me that the events of the game happened simultaneously no matter who marries whom.

I haven't ever tried going into Wren's cave with Nial. If nobody is there, that might be evidence in the other direction.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Doctor Hooves » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:05 pm

I went into the western cave in Nial's path. Nobody is in there, and all enemies are just a single Chirper.
Doctor Hooves
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby etony33 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:35 am

Interesting. Siren makes some vague remark about having caused trouble in Adan/Aron's path, but there's no evidence of it, at least not direct evidence.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Return to Phantasy Star