Phantasy Star II: Numan Revolution - who's played it?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Phantasy Star II: Numan Revolution - who's played it?

Postby Doctor Hooves » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:22 am

Who else here has played the Numan Revolution hack of Phantasy Star II? Basically, the script is changed to make quite a lot of dialogue, making the story rather different. The gameplay is more or less the same, however.

That's not the only change, however. A lot of enemy palettes have been changed (aside from the Vanleader, NeiFirst, and Mother Brain), some look downright sily (bio-monsters mostly) while some look very cool (quite a lot of robots). Dark Force's palettes have been edited to resemble those of Dark Force from Phantasy Star III.

There's a lot of equipment changes too. Ceramic Knives are weaker and cheaper. You can buy armour stronger than Nei equipment in one Dezo town (I think Zosa). I especially liked the Laconian Axes for Rudo (in Zosa and Ryuon I think you could buy them).

Another huge change is characters and their stats. Nei now levels normally. Shir is now actually very useful in battle. Anna has some techniques worth using. Hugh has some techniques like NaThu, and so on.

There's other changes, but I don't want to spoil them for you. There's also the Evil Overlaod hack, which is similar to this hack, but harder, and I think there are some more enemies in that hack too.

I played this hack, and I found it to be very enjoyable. Who else has played it or is planning to play it?
Doctor Hooves
Blastoid
Blastoid

Return to Phantasy Star