Would any1 be interested in reading a solo character guide?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Would any1 be interested in reading a solo character guide?

Postby etony33 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:55 pm

It'd be pretty unusual to write any sort of a guide for a game that is almost 25 years old, but I find myself interested in messing around with some different things in the Party Select hack, including trying to put together a coherent strategy for each individual solo run.

A lot (if not most) of this strategy comes from ladyabaxa's blog about her solo runs, and she absolutely deserves a ton of credit. I have tweaked her strategy in some areas. As far as I know, there's nothing out there that goes into level up data for characters in the Party Select hack who ordinary do not begin at level 1 (though everyone begins at level 1 in the PS hack). I am thus going through the ROM looking for it (i.e. experience points required for each level, stat gains, learning new skills/techniques, etc). I would be more than happy to release this data when I finish compiling it.

The walkthrough would very much be a work in progress, as the only character I've done from start to finish is Raja. This will take a long time to write, which is why I'm seeing whether people would be interested in this sort of thing before I go ahead and do it.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Re: Would any1 be interested in reading a solo character gui

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:32 pm

I'd read it if it contained some interesting discoveries or ways of playing the game.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Re: Would any1 be interested in reading a solo character gui

Postby etony33 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:49 am

Well, it would only be applicable to solo runs (for the most part, anyway)
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Return to Phantasy Star