Phantasy Star Generation:2 full walkthrough released

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Phantasy Star Generation:2 full walkthrough released

Postby SandyLandale » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi everyone. I hope you're all doing well today.

So, it's no surprise that Phantasy Star Generation:2, being a large, complex remake of a game that was those things to begin with. The new features are a mystery already, and then there's the big beast, the Clear Game quest. So much about PSG:2 on the web is wrong, like inaccurate tech/level up data, the nonexistent info on elemental damage, and the entirely wrong item creation data... (Which guru helpfully got the real information for.) Not to mention, giant dungeons like Uzo and Ikuto got entirely redone, and we had to forge our own paths through it.

It just made me upset. Upset enough to write an entire walkthrough.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/916725-seg ... faqs/75415

It still needs some typo fixes, which I'm working on now, but it's absolutely complete to the best of my ability.

Please enjoy; it was a long time coming!
Last edited by SandyLandale on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Re: Phantasy Star Generation:2 full walkthrough released

Postby skymandr » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:05 pm

Wow.! Great work compiling that! I might just make use of it for my current run! =)
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:16 pm

This is profound; any chance we could add it on PS Cave as well? ;)
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby SandyLandale » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Let me finish typo-checking it and yes, you have my permission. :) As soon as I uploaded v1.0 of the guide to GameFAQs, I realized this guide had so many little issues...

I know this is conceited, but would you also mind noting that Jack Power's item creation guide has extremely inaccurate data? Like, you don't have to take it down, but just a note after his guide saying something like, "Note--amount of battles it takes to make the items is incorrect" would be fine.

Also, the character/tech data is sorely inaccurate on the PSG:2 section of the site. According to the character sections, Anne doesn't learn Gisarester or Nasarester, and Silka learns Glanz... Neither of those are true.

I'd appreciate it if someone could take the time to update that. You have my explicit permission to rip the character/tech data from my guide.
Also known as vivify93.
SandyLandale
Blastoid
Blastoid

Return to Phantasy Star