PS3 remake story

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

PS3 remake story

Postby steve_muzz » Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 am

So after converting my game from rpg maker vx ace to mv I am finally working on my Phantasy Star 3 remake again! been doing this on and off since 2015. I hope this year to finally have a playable alpha/beta.

Anyway just wanted to clarify and get a few opinions on how my story expansion goes...

Later in the game Aron visits New Mota and Skyhaven. There the party learns all the secrets of the Alisa III. Assuming I am correct the following should be explained:

Alisa III one of many world ships that left the failing/dying Algol star systems?
Dark Force managed to get onto the ships and destroy them one by one?
Laya's folk descended from Humans/Numans right?
Orakio's folk are descended from Humans/Cybrogs?

Both Laya and Orakio were corrupted by Dark Force and fought a terrible war eventually they teamed up to defeat Dark Force. They locked away the legendary weapons and Siren + Lune.

Siren and Lune remain corrupted along with Rukalir.

Question is younger Laya actually Laya, her sister OR a clone?

In my version lot of technology was lost and things took a step back after Orakio and Laya decided to seal each dome. Though they are not quite as medieval as the original PS3. In my version BOTH sides retain SOME of the technology to make monster armies and the ability to clone dead people, but a limited number of times!

Currently my game has no generation choice but follows the true path and ending so you do get to play as Nial and Aron.
steve_muzz
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Re: PS3 remake story

Postby DarkMyau » Wed May 16, 2018 11:57 am

Hi Steve. Great to see your still working on this.

To answer your questions

1. ALISSA III is one of about 400 world ships.
2. Yes it seems so. Although the NEO PALM is alive and well. So he didnt get all of the ships.
3. Humans. We all seem to think she was an esper wizard. But who really knows.
4. Humans again. There arnt any newmans in PS3 as Nei and Neifirst were alive around the point the ships escaped ALGO.

5. Im not sure they were corrupted......I think just Rulakir was.....but I could be wrong. Yes they locked away Siren and Lune.
I dont think they knew the legendary weapons were a thing. Just that Orakio's sword was special. Layas bow isn't that strong really, neither is Lune's slicer.....before they are powered up I mean.
6. Siren and Lune have no allegence to Dark Force. They are just holding onto their hate boners for Orakio and Laya.
7. Younger Sister.

Well thats my opinion anyway.
DarkMyau
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Wed May 23, 2018 12:19 pm

There is no true path in Phantasy Star III, even if the time loop theory is a popular one.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby steve_muzz » Thu May 24, 2018 8:33 am

Aron's is the true ending that fits with Phantasy Star II and the earthmen showing up as the Alisa III crashes in the past on the moon near to the end of earth. Earthmen use the tech and travel to Algol and show up. It's because of this that Rolf and his timeline and party exist.
steve_muzz
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby BenoitRen » Fri May 25, 2018 12:53 pm

No, that's a theory, not a fact.
BenoitRen

Postby Zucca » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:25 pm

BenoitRen wrote:There is no true path in Phantasy Star III, even if the time loop theory is a popular one.
Yeah... I've been thinking... What if all the generations happened? Since there's an evidence of a time loop happening in PSIII and PSIV...
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:25 pm

That comment about a time warp in the ending of Phantasy Star IV was weird. Was it perhaps a reference to Phantasy Star III, when Wren made a comment about being transported in time?
BenoitRen

Postby MrStarbird » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:17 am

The story of Phantasy Star III lends itself to a lot of theories and alternate universes. To make things simple for me, Parma originally was destroyed by Dark Force and not Gaira. Since Aron's ending is usually considered canon to the rest of the original series (I mean, compare Aron's clothes to that of the earthmen at the end of PSII), he travels through time and space back before Parma was destroyed to Earth, carrying Dark Force still with it. The Earthmen rejoice at the newfound technology but are inhabited by Dark Force to where their own planet is destroyed and the survivors become corrupt politicians :p. They take the technology from the Alisa III and navigate back to Algo, then the events of PSII and PSIV happen. That being said, the other endings have hints in them that they could connect to Phantasy Star Online (think Ruins).

As far as Laya goes, I always saw her more as an Esper and Biologist than anything (the ability to work with/create Monsters, her magic ability, and the fact that younger Laya chooses to wear Fibrillas which is basically clothing made out of plant fibers (mistranslated in the US version as Fiblira). Orakio himself I saw as a Mechanic and possible businessman. It explains how their conflict started, as both Orakio and Laya were probably on Parma before it was destroyed and were already enemies before even evacuating their planet. Orakio, being the technological guy, probably did a lot to pollute the environtment. Laya, being with nature, probably did everything she could to stop Orakio. They end up on the same escape ship, Dark Force corrupts their hatred for each other to start a war. People who though Orakio was right followed him, people who thought Laya was right followed her. Sorta like how the USA is today. LOL.

Nothing, unfortunately, will ever be proven, but these theories are fun and Phantasy Star III is so open that theories can go anywhere and still have valid points to them. I've always wanted to work on a remake project but Sega I am sure would put the stop to any project (a friend of mine actually asked permission to remake the game and Sega gave him a C&D almost immediately).
MrStarbird
Blastoid
Blastoid

Return to Phantasy Star