Know what would have been cool?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Know what would have been cool?

Postby etony33 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 am

Zio doesn't actually die, because Chaz spares his life. He then decides to join you because of Dark Force not adequately protecting him. He gets more backstory, and a potential double cross is teased a few times. Then, Zio seemingly *does* double cross you, by stealing the Aero Prism. A short while later, he returns and explains the nature of the Profound Darkness and what needs to be done in order to defeat him once and for all. He then ends up as an optional character after obtaining Elsydeon.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Re: Know what would have been cool?

Postby Drake_Zeppeli » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 pm

I was also thinking on this idea as well, but after Chaz spares him, Zio would be met with some mixed emotions from everyone after the fight, especially Chaz.

Yet, I can see that eventually Zio would earn Chaz's trust and most likely be the latter's right-hand man in defeating the Profound Darkness. After that battle (alongside following the Compendium's post-game story for Rika), Zio would become the adoptive father of Rui, Chaz and Rika's son and train him in the ways that he learned from Chaz adventuring alongside him.
Phantasy Star is the love of my life...in the platonic sense.
Drake_Zeppeli
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Re: Know what would have been cool?

Postby etony33 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:09 am

Chaz could spare his life, thus making Zio very confused.

Zio: Why aren't you killing me? I'm no threat to you at all in this state.
Chaz: Why would I? What would that accomplish? It wouldn't bring Alys back, would it?
Zio: I don't understand your logic. Don't you hate me?
Chaz: Yes, I do.
Gryz: Chaz, what are you doing? Kill that scumbag while you have the chance!
Chaz: Shut up, Gryz. That's not happening.
Zio: Your thought process intrigues me. There's something different about you. Something I want to understand for myself. I want to learn to be that way myself...well, I can't do much else, but I really like your attitude as opposed to that of Dark Force. You have every reason in the world to want to destroy me, and he simply used me. I understand if you decline, but...can I go along with you?
Chaz: Why should I trust you?
Zio: See for yourself. I absolutely can be an asset to your team, and I want to atone for my sins.
Rune: I don't see a problem with this, Chaz. He can help us.
Chaz: I guess so, but I will not hesitate to kill you if I have to.
Zio: Thank you, Chaz.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Return to Phantasy Star