Paseo and Aiedo?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Paseo and Aiedo?

Postby J86 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Hello,

I was wondering what happened to Paseo between PSII and PSIV...
Tbh I only played PSIV (over 5 times tho), but when reading the lore and checking video's from previous games I couldn't find an explanation for this.
Why is Aiedo suddenly the capital and where is Paseo? And why is there no reference to it at all in the game.

I read somewhere else it's probably because of the turmoil after the destruction of Palma/Parma. But still, what might've happened then?

Curious about your thoughts
J86
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: Paseo and Aiedo?

Postby etony33 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:26 pm

Who knows? As far as I'm aware, it's not mentioned anywhere. It's possible, if not probable, that the people of Motavia staged a coup after the destruction of Mother Brain, as the hold on power by their government was tenuous at best. They quite possibly burned the city to the ground.

The landscape is obviously very different in PS4, but Tonoe might be closer to Paseo's previous location. The Motavian natives quite obviously were not fans of Mother Brain, though the tyrannical regime would have quashed any dissent at all (as they tried to do with Rolf), leaving them privately angry. Once Mother Brain was destroyed, they easily could have decided to try to take their planet back, after which civil wars and anarchy destroyed the planet even further.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby DarkMyau » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:57 am

I remember reading that Paseo was destroyed and is under water.

Honestly I'm not sure Motavia even has a capital anymore. I think most towns just do their own thing.
DarkMyau
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby zio_falz » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:25 pm

I would think, that with Mother Brain destroyed, the Dams and Central Lake flooded yet again, but with nobody to stop them, Paseo, Arima, etc, flooded. Remember, 90% f Algol died as a result of The Great Collapse.
zio_falz
Locusta
Locusta

Return to Phantasy Star