Piano Playthrough...

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Piano Playthrough...

Postby alanfowler2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Posted this yesterday in an old thread but I don't think it's very visible, so here's a new thread for it.

To follow up on the piano collections from PS1, I just had to do a playthrough with the piano score layered over the top. What do you think? I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it! As for the next PS piano arrangement, it's looking like it'll be a jump to the Town theme from III. Also, I have taken on board all of your suggestions and I hope to get round to them all at some point soon! Let me know of any further requests...

Thanks for all your support guys!

alanfowler2
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: Piano Playthrough...

Postby Cherok » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:09 am

You're awesome for doing this - the tunes from this series rarely get the remix love that other RPGs do.

- Love the reverb attached to many of these tracks. I really helps add a piano hall sound to it.
- Great instincts on the first dungeon theme - slowing it down was the right choice.
- Mota theme is a fave of mine.

PS music really rides the line between eerie, triumphant and how would you say.. repetitive and 'slogging'. PSII is my favorite, PSIV would be a challenging soundtrack to do 'piano justice' to, and I look forward to hearing your take on III!
Cherok
Locusta
Locusta

Return to Phantasy Star