Another way to potentially make a Phantasy Star V

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Another way to potentially make a Phantasy Star V

Postby etony33 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 am

I've already spoken about the idea that Dark Force's existence (any Dark Force) isn't necessarily dependent on that of the Profound Darkness. But here's another way to possibly continue the story despite the root of all evil being defeated:

Time travel. I know it's cliche, but it definitely could work here, and it would be an interesting concept. Someone, at some point, discovers how to travel back in time, and a follower of evil prevents the death of the Profound Darkness one way or another (it wouldn't have to be just taking out Chaz and company, either. It could be something as simple as destroying the Aero Prism in AW 2100 or something, thus preventing Chaz from ever going to Rykros). I would prefer to see a change right at the very beginning of time, with the Profound Darkness getting an assist in defeating the Great Light). My choice for that someone would be a person who was aboard the Alisa III, perhaps Aron, who would have witnessed the effects of being transported through time and space, or perhaps one of his descendants.

This would obviously cause drastic problems with the space-time continuum, and the only way to keep the entire universe from imploding due to the corruption of events would be to go to the source and stop this from happening.
etony33
King Rappy
King Rappy

Re: Another way to potentially make a Phantasy Star V

Postby Cherok » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:01 am

Time travel is always cool if done right, but I would worry that there's so little official precedent for time fuckery in the series that it might seem a little out of place and gimmicky if it was a central plot device for the story. The untold story of Alisa III, the Earthmen and the paradox of time between the final events of II and the final events of III is a super interesting thing to build a story around, though.

For me, I'd love to see dimensional time travel play out in a way that gives some context to how the Algol star system functions when the seal on Dark Force isn't in play - IE: No Dark Force baddie at all.

Instead, I'd like to see Aaron or whomever return when Mother Brain is just ascending, or when after Rolf defeats her, MB and the Earthmen's role is descending, and the planets are turning chaotic because of the loss of Mother Brain's organization. As a Palman, Aaron's role would be to try and create some order on Mota and Dezo, as climate systems collapse, the solar system is without a central government (Palm played that role, right?) and overall, society is in complete upheaval (present day Earth commentary notwithstanding).

Throughout his journey, the monumental 'hero' role of the '1000 year heroes' (Alis, Rolf etc.) would become known to Aaron, but it wouldn't be a central plot point like it has been until now. The magic, destiny and other elements would give way to a political drama that focuses on what happens after a massive bust befalls a society not unlike Auldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'.
Cherok
Locusta
Locusta

Postby xDamage » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:49 pm

Laya's and Orakio's time has not been adequately covered. I would think there is plenty of plot material to work with there.

Perhaps it would better be integrated into a nice PS3 remake though. Let's say you start the game as either Orakio or Laya during the war between their forces. As events unfold, the role of Dark Force is revealed in the war. Orakio and Laya (and Lune, Siren, and Miun) have to confront it somehow, but before this situation is resolved the game will fast forward 1000 years.

Depending on whether you were playing as Orakio or Laya, you could then take on the role of Rhys or Maia/Lyle. Maybe a new second gen character could be added to tell the story from the Layan perspective if Rhys marries Lena.

But in the third gen when you go to battle Dark Force, the narrative would revisit Orakio and Laya and show how they ultimately sealed it away, just before you defeat it again as per the original end(s) of PS3.
xDamage
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby DarkMyau » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:39 am

There is another option as well.

Let us control a Phantasy Star 3 World Ship. We could travel to distant stars and do RPG stuff. No I don't mean Phantasy Star online

I mean we stay on the ship and just interact with various alien races. Could also be a great strategy game or even a city builder as you have to maintain each dome.

There is no rule that says we have to have Dark Force or even for 1000 years to pass. Could go in a new direction...just sayin
DarkMyau
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Phantasy Star