How would you fix Phantasy Star 3?

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

How would you fix Phantasy Star 3?

Postby DarkMyau » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:07 am

We all know its an unfinished game so what should have been in the game and what would you have added?

For Rhys quest, I would have added another town to the Landen dome and a few more quests before you go to aquatica. Also some dialog between Rhys and Mieu would have been nice. Aquatica is great as is in my view and I wouldnt honestly change much. Tempted to add a bandit camp as the cold would be causing people to become desperate, but it seems cliche.

As for Aridia its also hard to think of much to add but I would like a second town to the north with Miun walking between them. The second town would also be all Cyborgs.

I would also unlock the Landen-Aridia passage so Rhys can travel back and forth. And add more to see and do.

Obviously I would change the look of towns to make them distinct and all the shop owners in Hazatak would be robots.

The weather tower is fine and I am happy with the 5 party members. And the boss fight with Lyle is great as is. But to make it interesting I would have the King of Cille turn into a Dragon. Only to admit after being defeated that he didnt take Maia.

However I would add a few story arcs in that Rhys could find out Lyle took Maia and even depending how you play Maia herself refusing to marry you. Same with Lena. is YOu killed too many Layans or you didnt talk to Lena enough during your journey.

So what do you all think?
DarkMyau
Scorpius
Scorpius

Re: How would you fix Phantasy Star 3?

Postby zandor117 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:14 pm

for a remake I would add some post game content in between each generation. Instead of having a marriage event right away I would want to have some events that would flesh out the individual characters. build more apparent love triangles leading up to marriage proposals and bridge the gap in between generations a bit.
My name is Arawen on PSO and PSU.
zandor117
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby thepeaguy83 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:28 pm

I would make it consistent with the climax of number IV.
thepeaguy83
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby gio » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:36 pm

• I would make each village look different to each other.
  • I would make each of the seven worlds more different to each other.
  • I would make some of the character sprites, especially the NPCs (villagers and so on), more different to each other. (And all the shop owners in Hazatak would be robots, definitely.)
  • I would add characters in the villages, so that there is no empty houses or useless floors.
  • I would add furniture and decorations in the interiors, so that it does not look like so empty.
  • I would remake the instrumentation of the whole OST (not the melodies, just the instrumentation, with what the Genesis can offer)
  • I would completely remove and change the music when you start a battle.
  • I would make a different music for each of the seven overworlds.
  • I would change the look of the menu to make it more "Phantasy Star 2/4-like".
  • I would improve the animations of the ennemies, or simply remove them completely.
  • I would make it longer, with one generation more.

There would still more things to do, but that would be my priorities.
gio
Pinchant
Pinchant

Return to Phantasy Star