It's time to vote for the best PS IV Song!

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:47 am

I vote on "Requiem for Lutz"<p>It's so sad. A true tribute to one of the forgotten. Lutz was a man who gave his own life up for the good of Algo, To do the will of a god that long abandoned her people. He loved his Palmans and fellow Algolians enough to put himself to sleep to wait for the revival of darkness.<p>He sacrificed everything for a people who wouldn't remember him. Sacrificed his family, his friends, for a cause he believed in.<p>When he died, He would eternally be remembered by being transfered onto a new host, His memories to stand the test of time. He was a great man who would always stand by Algo and make sure someone rose to protect it.<p>Yet for all his valiant work, No one remembered him. No one knew he existed, he faded away. Even Alis was remembered somewhere! But not Lutz, No, he slowly vanished as his choice was made.<p>The song is a sad requiem for the forgotten hero who forever will be enshrined in the telepathy ball.<p>Now it is your turn to state your song and WHY it is great. What it symbolizes or what it means.
Lord Khyron

Postby Monocromatico » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:53 am

Since the Dungeon rearrangements don´t count - they are actually a PS1 song, after all :^P - I stay between Promising Future, the vehicles themes, and all the town themes. PS4 soundtrack is too great to choose only one track.
Monocromatico

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:05 am

You've got to choose one and explain what the song means to you and why you love it.<p>Come on people, be creative!
Lord Khyron

Postby Demon Child » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:46 am

Id have to say my favorite would be either 'pain' or 'her last breath'. My reason for this is that I enjoy music that makes your hair stand on end and shed a tear. Id have to agree with Monocromatico though, there are far to many good songs. 'Pain' and 'her last breath' are most enjoyable if you are depressed, 'Cybernetic Carnival' is good when you are hyper, and 'Fal' is nice when you need calming music. but over all 'Her last breath' is my favorite
Demon Child

Postby SkymanDr » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:44 pm

<b>Dezo de Don!</b> There is no other.<br>Well maybe Tonoe de Pon, if I remeber right that was rather fun. The Opa-opa cameo was also quite cool but I honestly don't like the music of IV.
SkymanDr

Postby gm2987 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:28 pm

Laughter I love it!
gm2987

Postby Redeemer » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:53 pm

I also like Requiem for Lutz. I just find it more soothing and more interesting than the others. Overall I have a better liking to it
Redeemer

Postby Saner » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:53 pm

whee hee!! <p>I wuv theme that pops up in Aiedo and Kadary and stuff. :) <p>it's so soothing and kawaii and so kewl! ^.^<p>I'm sure if that music played out of nowhere in our towns, there would be world peace. <p> :D
Saner

Postby Lamanai » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:57 am

ooh, this is a hard one....<p>well I love End of the Millenium/Staff Roll. I dunno why, but something about turning on the game, hearing the "drums" as the sega logo appears, and then the words popping up in time with the music just makes me like it.<p>Age of Fables is good too... sets the mood for the Elsydeon scene very well.<p>There are others... it's a very good soundtrack, ya know.
Lamanai

Postby Goldark » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:51 pm

The main there is sure good, but I prefer Her Last Breath, dunno why, it still roams my mind from time to time. BTW the remixes of the original PSI doungeon themes are really somthing good to listen.
Goldark

Postby runeSlasher » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:18 pm

There is no doubt, "Requiem for Lutz" is the best PSIV song. This song signaled the long awaited background story of the best character in the game, Rune.
runeSlasher

Postby Saner » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:25 pm

Motavia's overworld theme is lovely too! :D
Saner

Postby Zylo » Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:21 pm

Thray is the best one.
Zylo

Postby LaconianShot » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:42 pm

I'd have to say that Suspicion is one of my favorites. It gives some sort of dark, mysterious forboding feeling...and the twisted world gets more insane, and everyone has secrets that they are deliberately keeping from you...and this descent all starts here! Thats what I feel when I hear it.<p>I also like Her Last Breath...very sorrowfull...it's very powerful in conjunction with Chaz morning for something that he will never, ever have. It made me sad when I played that part of the game, too.<p>But all the game's songs are great. My favorite composer out of Ippo and Gaki-Chan is...Gaki-Chan! Most of my favorite songs are by him.
LaconianShot

Postby El Sydeon » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:56 am

Gotta go with Laughter. Really gets the adrenaline pumping and fits both of it's bosses extremely well.
El Sydeon

Next

Return to Phantasy Star