AAAAAAAH! How do you beat Mother Brain?!

Discuss anything related to the Phantasy Star series

Postby SheWren » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:28 pm

I agree. I failed tons of times only 'cause DF got the all party evil and there is nothing you can do in that case. If the Neisword doesn't glow, you have NO chance of healing.
SheWren

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:37 pm

True enough! Though, I got lucky and the Nei Sword healed before all my characters turned evil. I found that Megid lessened my chances of winning...I never used it. Though I did use NaGaj a lot.
LaconianShot

Postby Nyayr » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:52 pm

Personaly mother brain is not so hard if you think. You can even beat her without trimates, starmist and such. Just use the items truth sleeves, aegis, amber robe for healing (60) hp, same as a dimate or gires. Without deban she would do about 40-50 damage. Also she gives sometimes a one attack, this way you can make it easily.<p>Just make rolf use Nafoi or Natsu<br>Rudo fire<br>Also make sure to use plenty of the scarf anna wears. Should make you faster then mother brain after using it a load of times, the boosts are cumulitive :P<p>Frankly Amy makes it a piece of cake. I never used megid, although if you'd have amy it would be way easy. Just nasar after it or use a starmist.<p>Frankly I find nafoi better then Natsu due to technique cost vs damage ratio.<p>N.J.
Nyayr

Postby Goldark » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:31 pm

I stuck with Rudo, Amy and Anna in the party, maybe Anna could have been replaced by Kain, but he was far too low, ad I didn't wanted to spend days raising levels (since I already did a lot of leveling to get Rolf and party to lv 35 from 30). BTW at the time I didn't know how to acquire star mists of moon dews, so I stuck with the two star mists the games gives as treasures. Basically my strategy with MB was to equip Amy with two sleeves (whatever they are :) ), and put her in defensive mode and use her just for healing, items and Anna was used for supporting purpose, also, I had Rolf casting Nafoi until he exausted his TP, and have Rudo and Anna attack. As I said it took me 3-4 tries to figre out the strategy.<br>Dark Force, like has been said by Ill-Intent, is too much random, and I had a bad luck, having all my characters possessed, and the neisword almost never glowed. I died so many times...
Goldark

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star