[Ep3] CARDrevolution: Combo Central

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

[Ep3] CARDrevolution: Combo Central

Postby Forge » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:15 pm

A while ago, I begun a wonderful free forum dedicated to PSO Ep3. Now I know that some people must still play it, and I'm able to play again, so I've decided to start readvertising.

You can find it easily at http://www.cardrevolution.headplug.com or more directly at [url]z13.invisionfree.com/cardrevolution[/url]. Anyone interested in Ep3, please head over there and we'll see if we can bring the place back from the dead!

Nonetheless, I decided to bring some of its information over here, so I give you the best comboes I have found within Ep3...

Gulgus / Duel Strike
This is my absolute favourite. It's a bit of a pain to piece together, but its well worth the effort. On its own, the Gulgus can be quite useful, but if you attack with the Action Card, Duel Strike, a nice little dance with the rules occurs. Duel Strike has Mutual Death, which kills the target if the AP is the same as that of the attacker. Since the Gulgus has Copy, this always triggers, and will kill any Field Character that you attack. There are a few exceptions, and you should look out for cards with Action Disruptor, and I believe that Cancel will stop this combo, but against the computer this is almost always a perfect combo. Slightly expensive, but well worth the effort to put together.

Canabin / Survival
This is a reflexive defense combo, that will kill whatever FC attacks the Canabin. The Canabin has Death Companion, which will sacrifice itself and kill the opposing FC if the Canabin has 1 or 2 HP at the end of the combat. Survival will activate as long as the Canabin has 4 HP, and will negate all damage, instead setting the HP to 1 after the combat. This activates Death Companion, which kills both FCs. Since this is a defensive combo, it cannot be defended against.

This combo can be adapted for use on the Hunters side my replacing the Canabin with the Baranz Launcher, where the combo has the added bonus of Return when the Launcher dies. This allows for wonderful repeatability.

Nonetheless, once this combo is sprung once, the Canabin becomes a feared FC, and is strategically stronger. Couple with a few strong attack cards and you have a very strong offensive force. With a nice self-destruct mechanism. It's a good idea to run a lot of other Defense cards to protect the Canabin from blowing up when you don't want it to.

So, does anyone else share this desire to break the game rules as much as myself? Anyone with any other combos (not necessarily designed by the game designers)?
Forge
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Forge » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:31 pm

One hundred and three of you have read this.

Have any of you any responses at all?

PS. I'm just about to build another deck to obliterate foes using these strategies!
Forge
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Dr_Odin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:36 pm

i might join your boards! thanks for the plug! havent played much ep3 but I might have some info to contribute!
Dr_Odin
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:19 pm

I'm not playing PSO: Episode III currently. Pretty cool tricks, though.

And as a rebuttal... :P

3 months have passed. Don't you have any more posts for us? D:

By the way, we have a lot of guests most of the time snooping around our board, and their views also get registered. :)
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby thriwren » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:02 pm

BenoitRen wrote:I'm not playing PSO: Episode III currently. Pretty cool tricks, though.

And as a rebuttal... :P

3 months have passed. Don't you have any more posts for us? D:

By the way, we have a lot of guests most of the time snooping around our board, and their views also get registered. :)

Probably some of the people come from search engines, bookmarking sites/plug ins, bots(search and/or spam), or are just lurkers.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Abominae » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:47 pm

I would join, but I don't have a copy of the game. I would like to find one tho. AND a copy of PSO Ep.4 Blueberry Sunburst or some bull**** like that.
Abominae

Postby Seizaku » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:43 pm

Abominae wrote:I would join, but I don't have a copy of the game. I would like to find one tho. AND a copy of PSO Ep.4 Blueberry Sunburst or some bull**** like that.

Even with the closure of the servers the psobb site is up and the download still available. I'd like to play episode III but buying a game cube just for 3 or 5 games would be a waste of money >_>
"This seemingly minor event sets an epic adventure in motion...." ~ Phantasy Star III
Seizaku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:03 pm

Buying a game console for 3 or 5 games is not a waste of money. Especially if they're good games. Plus, the GameCube is quite cheap.

Or you could buy a Wii.
BenoitRen

Postby Seizaku » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:31 pm

BenoitRen wrote:Buying a game console for 3 or 5 games is not a waste of money. Especially if they're good games. Plus, the GameCube is quite cheap.

Or you could buy a Wii.

Well, it is when you don't have a job and depend your parents money xD I'm sticking with my PS2 and 30+ games that interests me.

And no on the Wii, I'd been there, and the only good thing for me currently is Brawl and Wii Sports... I'm looking forward the PS3 (DMC4, MSG4, GT5, Killzone 2, Genji) but then, I'm going off topic so I should stop here >_<
"This seemingly minor event sets an epic adventure in motion...." ~ Phantasy Star III
Seizaku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:25 pm

I live at home, have no job, and depend on my parents for money, and still think that buying a cheap game console for 3 or 5 games is justifiable. :) Seriously, GameCubes are about the price of a good new game these days.
BenoitRen

Postby Neo48 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:07 pm

And if Nintendo hadn't of lost Rare, you coudl up that amount to 6-10 games :P
PSO (GC) - NEO: HUcast LV 176
PSOBB Schthack (PC) - Redrian: HUcast LV 25
PSU (PC) - Neo: Male Cast Acrofighter LV 161 R.I.P.
PS0 (DS) - Neon: HUcaseal LV 82
Neo48
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Abominae » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Donate plasma. Go to a pawnshop. Don't forget the reciept!

Problem solved!

I found a usable copy of PSO ep3. And I'm going to get a PSO ep.1/2 plus. However, I can't find a copy of PSO blueburst anywhere. Has it always been download only or were sales so poor you can't even find it on e-bay (Yes, I've looked)?

Oh, one more thing. I was looking at the box copies to PSU and AoI. They have markers for the previous PSO games. Does this mean that the old PSO games will be playable thru PSU? Or some variant of that explanation...?
Abominae

Postby thriwren » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:46 pm

Abominae wrote:Donate plasma. Go to a pawnshop. Don't forget the reciept!

Problem solved!

I found a usable copy of PSO ep3. And I'm going to get a PSO ep.1/2 plus. However, I can't find a copy of PSO blueburst anywhere. Has it always been download only or were sales so poor you can't even find it on e-bay (Yes, I've looked)?

Oh, one more thing. I was looking at the box copies to PSU and AoI. They have markers for the previous PSO games. Does this mean that the old PSO games will be playable thru PSU? Or some variant of that explanation...?
Well, you cannot play PSO thru PSU, but they are including some of the levels.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:02 pm

PSO Blue Burst has always been a downloadable in the West, yeah.
BenoitRen

Postby Abominae » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Okay, So I got a bust on PSO 1/2 plus (maybe? I'll find out today). Still gonna get PSO 3.

However, what I'd really like to know is if any of the online DL for PSO are still available and if they are, where I can get them.

One more thing...

HOW THE F*** DO I USE THE SCREENSHOT FEATURE IN PSO (I have both controllers and two memory cards...)

F***! I'm supposed to have the second controller in slot 4, aren't I?

I don't have my manual anymore, so it's hard for me to remember stuff like that.
Abominae

Next

Return to Phantasy Star Online