GC-PSO 1&2

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

GC-PSO 1&2

Postby Abominae » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:08 pm

So, I bought a GC from a local pawn shop (don't worry, it works great) and dug out my old copy of PSO.

Any hints/tips/suggestions? I'm trying to remember a lot of what I used to know, although my fresh stance on the game has made me realize I'm better at the game than I used to be.

I've had it now for about 4 days and I'm already in the Ruins with all the quests done up to that point.

Everything you can help out with will be apprieciated...

OH! Can we still play the GC version of PSO online?
Abominae

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:14 pm

It's a big game, so it's hard to give general tips. Feed your MAG a lot. :)

The official GameCube PSO servers have been down for about a year now. But you play on the unofficial private server of Scthhack. You'll need a BroadBand Adapter of Modem Adapter to get online, of course.

Let me know if you're going to play online! I played the game today after a long hiatus, owning Olga Flow, and it would be great to play it online again with other people.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Abominae » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:40 pm

I probably won't be online for about a month or two, but I fully intend to play online a.s.a.p. I'm going to redo the character I have and I'm gonna buy a couple more memory cards so I can have one of each character (the memory cards are less than $10 each... why not?)

But my main has been, is, and always will be the HUnewearl. She's very easily identifiable. She's got the same setup as the HUnewearl you see in some of the quests with the funky red hair and the blue outfit. Only real difference is mine is a bit taller and has the long hair (still red tho).

No, I made her before I saw that other toon.
Abominae

Postby The HuBBs » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:46 pm

I'd play gc version online with you guys as well but the guy at schthack hasn't sent me my code yet and I can't get my gc online with the cable I use for the 360.
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Surei Uorushu » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:28 am

I was wondering if there were servers to get online also, and you guys just awnsered it for me.

^^ Thankies!

Hopefully in the summer when I get time I'll be able to play online with you guys.
When you think you're finally alone, you're not.
Surei Uorushu
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:26 pm

Oh, by help, I meant like... suggestions for people who play regularly, just not extensively.

My main Hunewearl is lvl 27 now and beat Dark Falze yesterday.

Working on Ep. 2 at the moment.
Abominae

Postby Surei Uorushu » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:33 pm

Abominae wrote:Oh, by help, I meant like... suggestions for people who play regularly, just not extensively.

My main Hunewearl is lvl 27 now and beat Dark Falze yesterday.

Working on Ep. 2 at the moment.

Holy cow!

D8 You're dedicated.

Good luck Abominae!
When you think you're finally alone, you're not.
Surei Uorushu
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:44 pm

My HuNewearl is lvl 30 now and has already steamrolled thru both VR locations in Ep.2 AND that giant bird/boar... thing boss.
Abominae

Postby X_ulken » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Man that sucks i have the xbox version of it oh well it still rules i can play with my friends at least.
X_ulken
X_ulken
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Abominae » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:38 pm

Is it still possible to get the online quests?

If so, do you have to actually be online to get them or can you DL them to your GC?

If I'm not being clear, I'm sure whoever can answer this can also clarify.
Abominae

Postby thriwren » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Abominae wrote:Is it still possible to get the online quests?

If so, do you have to actually be online to get them or can you DL them to your GC?

If I'm not being clear, I'm sure whoever can answer this can also clarify.
Private server is the best chance.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Abominae » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:33 pm

So, online missions have to be played online?

I fail to understand whether they are downloaded onto the GC or are played online and whether or not they are hosted or are part of the game disc itself.

Jesus... the cologne on the guy next to me is getting me high...
Abominae

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:28 pm

There are three types of quests: offline quests, online quests, and download quests.

Offline quests you play offline in single-player. Online quests are played online. Download quests are downloaded by going online with PSO, selecting the Download Server option, and downloading the quests to your memory card, after which they are available in offline single-player.

Online quests get downloaded into the game console's memory, not on the memory card.

It is, however, possible to download online quests to your memory card and play them in offline single-player. I don't remember if it was a trick or involved the private server offering them.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby thriwren » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:49 pm

BenoitRen wrote:There are three types of quests: offline quests, online quests, and download quests.

Offline quests you play offline in single-player. Online quests are played online. Download quests are downloaded by going online with PSO, selecting the Download Server option, and downloading the quests to your memory card, after which they are available in offline single-player.

Online quests get downloaded into the game console's memory, not on the memory card.

It is, however, possible to download online quests to your memory card and play them in offline single-player. I don't remember if it was a trick or involved the private server offering them.
I know the private had downloads, but not the official ones on GC atleast.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Abominae » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:56 pm

Can someone clarify and confirm any of this? I find myself wanting to ask a ton of questions, so I'll settle for

"What?"
Abominae

Next

Return to Phantasy Star Online