Are Grants and Megid rare?

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

Postby Forge » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:08 am

Sure, Grants is very powerful, damagewise, but it takes a very long time to cast. It is a great spell though... It uses a lot of TP, however, Lvl15 needs 60TP!<p>Ultimate Force Nuke Strategy TM:-<br>1. Target enemy.<br>2. Cast Grants.<br>3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have little TP.<br>4. Cast Ryuker.<br>5. Spend 10 Meseta to fully heal yourself.<br>6. Return to Ragol.<br>7. Return to Step 1.
Forge

Postby Butoden » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:34 pm

LoL.<br>I like the elements more :\ For instance Fire versus Boomas and Rappies, Ice versus Dragon, etc.
Butoden

Postby //att_/ortex » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:13 pm

I've never had Grants OR Megid... But i've seen them both as my bro was an ace in the DC versions... He went like :hitting: on the enemies... But if i wanna find them, should i go VHard in Caves or something?
//att_/ortex

Postby OpaOpaJr » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:06 am

grants at higher lvls is a fun assassination spell, otherwise it is too slow for me to bother with. <p>at a high lvl grants can target a monster *very* far away so you can hit them while they still stand there not knowing where it came from and not attacking. in some spots, especially the mines and those huge gaps in some rooms, you can grants something wholly without fear because they are so far away.<p>later in ult. grants also becomes useful in the mines in being cost/time effective in dispatching solo gilchics.<p>for the most part in DC v1&2 megid blows. unless at obscene high lvl it'll always have a chance of missing. but it does have penetrate. recently i found my lvl 30 megid on my FOmarl works wonders in the ult. mines. saves on beaucoup TP. otherwise i rarely use it; my hell wand was more reliable. :P<p>wanna see a scary combo? ranger sporting a hell laser early on. now that's some scary death magic. if you have a high ATA, you can start using special attack only to death combo. 3 monsters in a row from clear across the room is a sweet sight, and one of the few you can do pretty early. repeatable, more reliable, no TP :D on ult. hell laser becomes useless, ATA too low, can't hit. but great fun early on.
OpaOpaJr

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star Online