Ok, think its about time.....

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

Postby SheWren » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:16 pm

As I written before, poetic licence...as the weapon called Sonic Knuckles, IMHO.
SheWren

Postby lutz4ever » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:18 pm

comical needs, as like when u find a Game gear in PSIV.... errr not that that was very comical lol
lutz4ever

Postby Benoit » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:47 pm

<blockquote>I never once said that they actually recognise the symbol on the pillars.</blockquote> <br>I didn't say you said that. I was saying that as a fact to prove they aren't from Algol origin.<br> <blockquote>And how can u say that it has NO proper link to the previous games when it stares you in the face you said it yourself, the Esper symbol, MUUT DITTS POUMN. Motavia Dezolis Palma.</blockquote> <br>So because it has Phantasy Star references it means it ties in to the original games? So you are saying Sword of Vermilion is by defition a Phantasy Star game, since one of the town is named Parma, plus some other references?<br> <blockquote> We know that is true from the weapon Heart of Poumn. Alis' Claw, which would explain the alternative name, Heart of Palma.</blockquote> <br>As SheWren said, Alis never used a claw.<br> <blockquote>I am not wanting to say what DOESNT connect them I want to discuss what DOES connect them and there is far more that does connect them that doesnt.</blockquote> <br>But that's exactly my point. There is nothing truly connecting them.<br> <blockquote>And with you saying that it does take place after PSIV of course it does, everyone has worked out the game takes place in AUW 3084. LONG after PSIV.</blockquote> <br>Not long enough for a new Dark Force. Oh wait, Profound Darkness is dead...<br> <blockquote>The idea of them having the technology to have Numans, simply could be a number of things. Too many theories there to say.</blockquote> <br>I already discussed the possible theories above.<br> <blockquote>Somehow the Government of Coral KNEW there there was a Dark Force on Ragol, wanting to harness its energy, but how? They KNEW that it was there. Why? I couldnt say for sure. This is what i want to know. Lets not argue theories but work out from eachothers.</blockquote> <br>Ah, but then you aren't discussing the link to the original games, but the PSO story, which I believe deserves its own topic.<br> <blockquote>I never said it was! What I WAS reffering to was simply the use of the term Poumn as the name for the Planet Palma meaning a definate link between PSO and PS. Read more carefully!</blockquote> <br>Sword of Vermilion...
Benoit

Postby lutz4ever » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:57 pm

as you said the town in Sword is called Parma. NOT Palma with an L. And I asked to not argue this across including sarcasm which u are doing. If you dont have any positive things then let the people who think it DOES have something to do with it get on with it and try and figure it out. Maybe we are wasting our time but its fun, and your ruining it. Also it being a PHANTASY STAR game might have something to do with all this as well...... :S Off to play PSO ttyal.
lutz4ever

Postby SheWren » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:12 pm

Ehm...Parma is a town in Italy.
SheWren

Postby lutz4ever » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:18 pm

LOL there you go, we have an Italian connection now as well, wow just where will this end up. Dark Force causing Pompeii!!!! :P
lutz4ever

Postby Monocromatico » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:47 pm

PSO has no connections to the original PS series. It became a mindless FF-like game, plotwise, because this is what is being sold the most, and bought by gamers who don´t have the patience, knowledge or whatever to go back and play older games to know what is going on.<p>Typical of Sonic Team these days, a way to make money fast doing a dirty work. I wouldn´t mind if they did it with any other franchise, but they did it with Phantasy Star. They ruined it.<p>I wish I was wrong, but, so far, I´m not.
Monocromatico

Postby Benoit » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:47 pm

I also tried to figure it out, and it's impossible.<br>You don't have to order me around.<br> <blockquote>as you said the town in Sword is called Parma. NOT Palma with an L.</blockquote> <br>...And your point is? Poumn doesn't point one way or the other.<br>Forgot the planet changes?<br>PSI - Palma, Motavia, Dezoris<br>PSII - Palm, Mota, Dezo<br>PSIII - Palm<br>PSIV - Parma, Motavia, Dezolis<br>And according to Rebecca Capowski's translation, the 'true' names are Parma, Motabia, and Dezolis. But of course you can use any you want.<br> <blockquote>And I asked to not argue this across including sarcasm which u are doing.</blockquote> <br>I'm not using sarcasm as far as I know.<br> <blockquote>Also it being a PHANTASY STAR game might have something to do with all this as well......</blockquote> <br>Just because it has Phantasy Star on it doesn't mean it's in the same universe. It means that it is Phantasy Star.<p>And you weren't very specific in the beginning about what this thread was about. In fact, you're still confusing me.
Benoit

Postby lutz4ever » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:58 pm

Ok to make it clear to you then, this thread is here to try and figure out WHAT links there are btween Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star Online. I meant for this to be a positive thread not a negative one. So if you dont think it does have anything to do with PSO then ok fair enough. But I am reffering to obvious relations between the two, like the pillars and symbol of the Espers, showing they sealed it with the seal of the Algo Solar System, the original seal of the Profound Darkness. Their being a Dark Falz on Ragol. Because there is no explanation, in any game really as to how this came about it makes people think and get idea's into there head about what COULD of happened. Not what HAS. And I simply wish to hear each persons idea's and theories into what could of happened and what they think. Not what they DONT think. Simple as that.
lutz4ever

Postby Benoit » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:52 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Monocromatico</i><p>PSO has no connections to the original PS series. It became a mindless FF-like game, plotwise, because this is what is being sold the most, and bought by gamers who don´t have the patience, knowledge or whatever to go back and play older games to know what is going on.</blockquote><br>This is a lie. Every PSO still takes place in the same universe as the other PSO. It's also only the second Phantasy Star universe, so your FF point doesn't hold any ground here.<br><blockquote>Typical of Sonic Team these days, a way to make money fast doing a dirty work.</blockquote><br>I disagree. They did make Billy Hatcher, a decent game, for example.<br><blockquote> I wouldn´t mind if they did it with any other franchise, but they did it with Phantasy Star. They ruined it.<p>I wish I was wrong, but, so far, I´m not.<br></blockquote><br>Your wish has come true! You're totally wrong! PSO is a darned good game, with a very interesting story and plot.<br>Again, you haven't played it at all. What gives you the right to bash PSO? I'm sure you wouldn't dislike the game if they replaced the Phantasy Star sausage by another. Because, Phantasy Star or not, it's a great game in itself.
Benoit

Postby looked » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:34 pm

<i>Alis NEVER used any Claw: Heart of Poumn cannot be considered as a proof of the Algolian heritage. Unless Sonic Team has made a huge mistake... [TAB]</i> <p>Nei never used any claws either, she used all bars. I think it's just fan service. Kinda like the Sonic Knuckles, and Eggblaster from Sonic, or Chu Chu Fever, and the Chu Chu and Kapu Kapu mags. It's not meant to draw connections to those games to fans of the old games..........Of course Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Eggman are in the game, but that's not the point!
looked

Postby Monocromatico » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:39 pm

Nei actually seems to scratch the enemies in fights. I don´t know what they meant with "bars" when they translated that game, but whatever that means, Nei hurts her enemies with claws.
Monocromatico

Postby lutz4ever » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:43 pm

Ay very true but, can we please get back on topic? lol
lutz4ever

Postby Benoit » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:31 am

Bars was a stupid translation error. I don't know what the hell they were thinking.
Benoit

Postby ill-intent » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:17 am

In the PSO Episode I &II artbook (and in an issue of Dreamcast magazine-the japanese one) there are interviews with the PSO staff. As of the creation of the original PSO, THERE WAS NO CONNECTION TO THE ORIGINAL PS STORYLINE. They said it was a game in that "universe". Much like Final Fantasy, there are constants in the worlds/items/races, but it is not a sequel. A Tribute is the best way to look at it. I've been saying this for years and others have mentioned the same on the Phantasy Star Pages forum. <p> Now that I've stomped on your dreams, here is the plus side......<p> There was some complaining in Japan about the lack of any story (why else would the question come up in an interview with the staff?). Because of this, PSO ep.I&II and III have more stuff added to satisfy the phans. If there is any tie to the original series, it's done after the fact and will be full of plot holes and inconsistencies because the original PSO was not.
ill-intent

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star Online