*Freaky* and Funny at the same time

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

Postby Erlaught » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:10 am

Ok, I was doing the Waterfall Tears quest just a second ago on Episode 1 when I noticed that Kireek's indicator on the map was there. It was unusual because i had already beaten this normal mode and I thought i missed my chance for his wep. Still, I decided to face him. I knew it would be incredibly unfair cause I am a lvl 39 HuMar with a Booma's right arm, and the WEAPONS frying pan. Needless to say i fought him with the frying pan to make the odds even. As soon as he began to swing his scyth I smacked him flat on his back with the fying pan. Critical hit. 1-hit K.O. i laughed until i nearly stepped on my controller stick. But the freaky thing was that as soon as i pressed the "a" button Kireek said something like "Tasty" "Your Tasty" Which made me want to turn off my GameCube, unplugg it, take down to the nearest lake, and toss it out with cement blocks!!! I wanted his wep. before that fight but now....do I really want a Wepon from a demented-oviously-misprogrammed-freak like him?..... :?
Erlaught

Postby thriwren version 2 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:14 am

Tasty? Sound almost sounds llike wat that guy that pops up in Mortal Kombats says, aka "Toasty" Dan.
thriwren version 2

Postby Forge » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:15 am

Yeah, Kireek does get rather odd near his end...<p>But the Soul Eater is worth it. It doesn't make you turn strange...
Forge

Postby gm2987 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:15 am

I believe that is becuase he gets possessed by DF.
gm2987

Postby Forge » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:31 am

I think that's almost what happens, I've heard that he is becoming an Ill Gill, and so the Photons in the Ruins are starting to affecting his internal circuitry. Thus, he's not directly possessed by DF, but he is affected by the presence of the PD. Where DF is the usual material form of PD, I think that Kireek is being affected by the same D-Factor Mutation that is affecting the Machines in the Mines and on Gal Da Val island...
Forge

Postby GroG » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:26 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Forge</i><p>I think that's almost what happens, I've heard that he is becoming an Ill Gill, and so the Photons in the Ruins are starting to affecting his internal circuitry. Thus, he's not directly possessed by DF, but he is affected by the presence of the PD. Where DF is the usual material form of PD, I think that Kireek is being affected by the same D-Factor Mutation that is affecting the Machines in the Mines and on Gal Da Val island...<br></blockquote><p>Who could have guessed %) <p>But the D-Factor seems to only affect organical lifeforms which busts Kireek out of discussion, or maybe androids are counted as "living" aswell...dunno
GroG

Postby Del_Ian » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:25 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by GroG</i><p>Who could have guessed %) <p>But the D-Factor seems to only affect organical lifeforms which busts Kireek out of discussion, or maybe androids are counted as "living" aswell...dunno<br></blockquote><p>I wouldn't say that - Look at all the machine enemies, and the AIs as well - Olga, Vol Opt and Calus.<p>Now why Delta seems to be basically unaffected is anyone's guess. Could be a ruse and she's actually batshit insane and controlled by the forces of Darkness, she could legitimately still be sane but the MOTHER system could be infected with/corrupted by D factor, could be that it was overlooked because everything there is already made using the D factor...<p>What I'd REALLY like to know, since your Mag is apparently a mechanical shell around a core of D-cells regulated by some form of AI program, why IT doesn't go batshit insane and start pwning you. Or for that matter, why YOU never seem affected, despite all the injuries you take from D-cellular monsters and hell, Falz itself, all the slogging through water that's presumably chock full of the D-factor, etc... >_> Maybe the Great Light actually did something for once and Mags are under its influence and immune to corruption by Dark Falz and they protect you from going nuts from it as well or something.
Del_Ian

Postby Forge » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:41 am

Indeed, especially if you use Pilla, the Dark attack...<p>But the Great Light could be helping you...
Forge

Postby Tails99 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:31 pm

"Everything in this room is edible. Even I'm edible, but that is called canibalism, and it is frowned upon in most societies"-Johnny Depp, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Tails99

Postby GroG » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:19 pm

I think the mags are just pretending not to be influenced by DF...they are just waiting for the right moment to strike.......ö
GroG

Postby Del_Ian » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:25 pm

Pilla always struck me as more of a light attack than a dark one, especially given it's physical resemblance to the special on Heaven Punisher, which is Light element, and also to Efess, which is also Light element. Granted, it's a moot point on PBs since ALL damage PBs have a Light element, regardless of what they look like, so... *shrug*<p>But that kind of backs up the assumption I've gone with for my fanfic, that Mags are under the influence of the Great Light, unlike the Dels and such, which are under the influence of Dark Falz.<p>But of course, those are just my theories.
Del_Ian

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:07 pm

Ian.. it all boils down to that MAGS are made from ARTIFICIAL D-cells<p>The kind developed when the Meteorite hit coral.<p>D-cells are the photons that can evolve, true photons. As you see, Mags can only evolve so far. They have a fixed evolutionary point.<p>Ult and Eleanors mags are experimental mags with true D-cells. <p>True D-cells, which flowen gets injured with, are the ultimate photons with a mind that can evolve.<p>Only AI can control "Artificial" D-cells, Real D-cells cannot be controlled by anything. Real D-cells aka Germ can infect both organic and machine enemies.<p>As quoted by I think Delta? Project Mother was made to create a new mother for mankind. One capable of controlling all military and organic life.<p>The only thing that could control that much, is D-cells and artificial ones can't do it. <p>So Flowen represented a chance for true D-cells to MERGE with a new lifeform, in essence making a GS like being, "The lifeform that makes sub lifeforms".<p>But since Flowen was true D-cells, Not even the powerful OLGA AI could control him.<p>Had Olga Flow been successful, I believe he would have made it to the control towers and evolved into TRUE MOTHER.<p>A being capable of controlling ANYTHING and completely eradicating the DF and GS..<p>P.S. Remember that mags are protectors? I think mags protect you, as a sort of vaccine, just like how in Ep 3, Germ (Black Energy/D-cells) in small quanitities isn't deadly. <p>If you notice, none of the infected people in PSO ever have mags. That includes the research team in "From the depths" and "Kireek"<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1120500564[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby Damien 1234 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:46 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Forge</i><p>I think that's almost what happens, I've heard that he is becoming an Ill Gill, and so the Photons in the Ruins are starting to affecting his internal circuitry. Thus, he's not directly possessed by DF, but he is affected by the presence of the PD. Where DF is the usual material form of PD, I think that Kireek is being affected by the same D-Factor Mutation that is affecting the Machines in the Mines and on Gal Da Val island...<br></blockquote><p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by GroG</i><p>Who could have guessed %) <p>But the D-Factor seems to only affect organical lifeforms which busts Kireek out of discussion, or maybe androids are counted as "living" aswell...dunno<br></blockquote><br>you guys are confusing me! rwally bad! I play PSO on my gamecube, but i dont remember fighting kireek... or PD being in the game, and in another thread, you guys were talking about like mystical ruins, and ultima ruins, gah! im confused! X_X and when did the corrupted robots have an island? i just called it the robot place.
Damien 1234

Postby Forge » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:31 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>If you notice, none of the infected people in PSO ever have mags. That includes the research team in "From the depths" and "Kireek"<p></blockquote><p>True, although no NPC ever has a Mag, except Elenor when you complete the extended Soul of Steel story and the Bernie subplot.<p>But the idea of Mags as a vaccine is quite a good one - it seems to be wholly logical.<p>Furthermore, I'm not sure of this, but I kind of like this idea - are the Gaels the Mags of Olga Flow? Did Flowen have a Mag. And did they become this?<p>Ian - the main reason I consider Pilla a dark attack is because Falz seems to use it... And it isn't any other element visually. Not like the uber Rafoie or Rabarta he casts.
Forge

Postby Lord Khyron » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:05 pm

Considering the fact that the Mag Plasts take place in a 3d version of "THE EDGE"..<p>They have that reaction because of the D-cell density on Ragol. On Coral, their mag blasts wouldn't have any affect that grand. They'd be useless. <p>The exact quote from Navi:<p> <blockquote><br>Mags were developed by Dr. Osto Hyle and Dr. Jean Carlos Montague. (back when Montague was 11) The Mag project is the first project that started to use the D-cells that were collected from an unmanned probe sent to Ragol. The idea is that they have found this new lifeform/substance, the D-Cells from Ragol... which is how the whole conspiracy started. Pioneer 1 WANTED to go to Ragol because they found this substance, not because it's a real paradise as they want people to believe. They wanted to mine this planet and further research the substance. The Mag project is the first to develop a new form of life. Mags' core has D-cells in it, over the top they slap a metal shell covering it, and the "Emotional AI" regulates the D-cells... it is the first machine and organic fused life form. They evolve with medical items and will change into different forms. This leads to why the Photon Mirages look the way they do. On Coral if the Mags were to have a Photon Blast it doesn't actually take a distinct shape as it does on Ragol. It is said that they do on Ragol because of the D-cells density on the planet, the "abnormal photons" as Montague said. If you look at the Photon Mirages carefully you will see they do resemble the Dark enemies, only that their body is light in colour. They share the same roots. The reason they do look different is probably because the D-cells in Mags have been worked on by human, engineering in a different way and hence it alters the mirages somewhat. The Mag project is the first step of Project MOTHER. Its sucess is required before they go on researching about more complicated lifeforms that could possibly be created with the D-cells.<p></blockquote> <p>See, Mags are made with ARTIFICIAL D-Cells, not the real ones. <p>Ult's mag is a true D-cell.
Lord Khyron

Next

Return to Phantasy Star Online