News: PSO Personal Server

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

Postby Benoit » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:37 am

Some time ago, HuBBs posted a link to DCEmulation.com, pertaining to the article that the software PSO Personal Server has been released.<p>PSO Personal Server is a program that turns your PC into a Dreamcast PSO server. To access the server, you'll need a Code Breaker, though.<p>The official site is here.<p>But if you live in Europe or Japan, this means nothing to you, as the servers are still up for those territories. ;)
Benoit

Postby Halikus » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:56 pm

I thought DC servers were down as of years ago. or is it ver2 only??
Halikus

Postby Benoit » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:17 pm

That's a common misconception. ONLY the US servers of Dreamcast PSO are down.<br>When they did, most people stupidly assumed that the rest were too.
Benoit

Postby SheWren » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:22 pm

Even if we PUBLICLY stated they were not...why don't people read with accuracy?
SheWren

Postby Halikus » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:41 pm

do many people still use these servers? any number over 70 will be better than eu xbox servers
Halikus

Postby Benoit » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:01 pm

I believe there are still enough people on the Japanese servers. I don't know for the EU servers...
Benoit

Postby OzzaJW » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:59 am

Japanese servers are closing soon enough, but they're still linked to the EU ones.<p>search google for scthack PSO server, as thats the most popular non-sega DC server around. <p>There is also, and has been for a while now, an unofficial GC server but I wont go into details as it's quite strictly illegal, but I know soem people who play GCPSO online for free.
OzzaJW

Postby Butoden » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:31 pm

Yeah thats what happens, people get tired of paying money for a game with hackers n corruption so they start their own server and hack even more ~_~
Butoden

Postby Benoit » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:47 pm

Japanese servers closing? Where did you read that?
Benoit

Postby OzzaJW » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:57 pm

I think i saw it sourced from the Sega Japan site a while back.. I thought they were closing after the PSOBlue Burst trial finished.
OzzaJW

Postby SheWren » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:25 pm

I already told you so months ago...
SheWren

Return to Phantasy Star Online