More Challenge mode prizes!? AWE MAW GAWD

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

Postby Neo48 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:38 pm

This is something interesting. I'm sure you all know that I had beaten Challenge mode with Jherm, recieving the A-Rank. Not long ago, a friend of ours joined us for some challenge, as with the addition of his RAmar, we hope to increase our time to S-Rank.<p>We had completed the Forest, and sure enough, I was being given another prize, this time for the B-Rank. It seems that you will get all the prizes, just not at the same time, rather interesting isn't it?
Neo48

Postby Nightmare » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:20 am

Is it true that if you beat Challenge mode in under 7 hours without dying you get tomake your own weapon? My brother and I tried challenge mode a while ago and didn't get very far. But anyway I heard a rumor you get tomake your own weapon and the truth will decide whether I should pull an all nighter with friends or not :D
Nightmare

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:15 am

No.. you get to NAME your S-rank weapon you choose.<p>You can then add percents, or a ability to it in the East/WEST tower when you do those quests.<p>
Lord Khyron

Postby thriwren version 2 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:37 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>No.. you get to NAME your S-rank weapon you choose.<p>You can then add percents, or a ability to it in the East/WEST tower when you do those quests.<p></blockquote><br>In a sance that is ALMOST like making your own wepons. Need photon drops to do so, justa remonder.
thriwren version 2

Postby Nightmare » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:51 pm

how many? is 7 enough haha
Nightmare

Postby Scejntjynahl » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:32 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Nightmare</i><p>how many? is 7 enough haha<br></blockquote><p>More like fifty photon drops If I remember right.
Scejntjynahl

Postby Nightmare » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:35 pm

I didn't think it would be (hence the "haha" ) do they have to be found while playing challenge mode or can they be found on your own ?<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Nightmare on [TIME]1125434162[/TIME]][/size]
Nightmare

Postby Scejntjynahl » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:52 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Nightmare</i><p>I didn't think it would be (hence the "haha" ) do they have to be found while playing challenge mode or can they be found on your own ?<p>[size=small][Edit by Nightmare on [TIME]1125434162[/TIME]][/size]<br></blockquote><p>They can be found anytime anywhere. It is random. Your bank can hold up to a maximum of 99 photon drops. Of course you could carry them if you wish >.>
Scejntjynahl

Postby Nightmare » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:06 pm

yeah I know that sorry I wasn't really clear but in order to name your own s-ranked weapon do the photon drops have to found during the course of playing challenge mode or do the ones you find on the regular game add to your photon drop total... because If I remember correctly the only thing you can do with your storage box is delete Items
Nightmare

Postby jherm » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:04 am

i no longer have a character thats beaten challenge cus i recreated that lvl like, 150-something cus i effed up the materials worse than you could imagine.<p> <blockquote>But anyway I heard a rumor you get tomake your own weapon and the truth will decide whether I should pull an all nighter with friends or not </blockquote> <p>no all nighter needed. just beat one stage at a time and its saves your progress and you can try again whenever you want. if you die, you just have to try that stage again.
jherm

Postby Forge » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:34 am

Um, I'm stuck with a conundrum.<p>I want an S-Rank Claw for Nei (so I can name it Miun's Claw or something) but HUnewearls are comparably terrible for C-Mode. So, I either have to:<br>o Find someone who will time attack with a HUnewearl on the team, or<br>o Somehow trade the Claw from a different character.<p>But, I've heard that S-Ranks cannot be traded, but can you drop them with one character, and pick them up with another, offline-trade-style?<p>I don't know what to do!
Forge

Return to Phantasy Star Online