Episode IV released! (56K WARNING!!!)

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

Postby jherm » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:31 am

hey benoit, think about what you said. same gameplay....uhhh ya. kinda why i want it, i love the pso gameplay. and pso plus is a cash-in, but i like that, new features, for in end about 10 bucks because i can pawn it for about 55. an hour of work or hour and about 10 minutes, depends which of my 2 jobs im at. get a job benoit, and you will realize that 10 bucks in nothing. now if the new pso comes out on console, if it includes what plus did and the new episode, again, about 10 bucks. if not, 65, big deal, thats one shift. why do you think people like sequels? same thing, just new skins, new area. look at the bomberman games ont he snes. i downloaded some roms of them and when i get bored i've played them. they are the same thing. they were hugely popular. so obviously for the right game and the right person, a cash-in isn't that bad.
jherm

Postby Benoit » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:14 pm

<blockquote>hey benoit, think about what you said. same gameplay....uhhh ya. kinda why i want it, i love the pso gameplay.</blockquote><br>Then you might as well keep playing your current PSO, because there's nothing new in Episode IV.<br> <blockquote>and pso plus is a cash-in, but i like that, new features, for in end about 10 bucks because i can pawn it for about 55. an hour of work or hour and about 10 minutes, depends which of my 2 jobs im at. get a job benoit, and you will realize that 10 bucks in nothing. now if the new pso comes out on console, if it includes what plus did and the new episode, again, about 10 bucks. if not, 65, big deal, thats one shift.</blockquote><br>I don't pawn my games. And it doesn't make a cash-in right. You still have lost 65 bucks at the time of purchase.<br> <blockquote>why do you think people like sequels? same thing, just new skins, new area. look at the bomberman games ont he snes. i downloaded some roms of them and when i get bored i've played them. they are the same thing. they were hugely popular. so obviously for the right game and the right person, a cash-in isn't that bad.</blockquote><br>Your logic is flawed. You're just fooling yourself.<br>People enjoy sequels that have IMPROVEMENTS and NEW THINGS. Which would mean that it's not a cash-in, but a proper sequel.<br>However, this is not a sequel, it's a cash-in, and it has the EXACT SAME THINGS as the original.<br>You're just delusioning yourself.
Benoit

Postby Mage1 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:37 pm

I don't have PSOBB so I think it is new to me.
Mage1

Postby Missagh » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:43 pm

Neo48 and Benoit, please continue your discussion through the PM system.<p>Best regards,
Missagh

Postby Benoit » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:05 pm

We did, Missagh. I was replying to jherm.
Benoit

Postby Neo48 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:11 pm

Missagh still refers to me as Neo48 :D <p>Yes..we did...*cough*
Neo48

Postby jherm » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:10 am

i do pawn my old games if im buying an upgraded version. and it does have something new, look at those enemies there. new mags. new items. there are new things.
jherm

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:29 am

Those enemies aren't new. They all behave like existing enemies in Episode I & II.<br>As for all the rest, those are just new skins. Nothing is really new, or adds to the gameplay.
Benoit

Postby Neo48 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:00 am

This new skin bullsh*t is flawed. You may as well say that Episode 2 is just new skins of episode 1. <p>Because honestly, what is the difference between a Del Lily and an Ob Lily? One is stronger. Or how about a Gulgus and a Gibbon? Same attack patern. Sinows from both episodes, same attack pattern again. Gees and Candines......don't forget Zoa...jsut a new skin of a new skin (berril). Gibbles and Hildebear? Why not. And what about Dark Bringer and Delbiter?<p>Yeah...small changes were made...some skills were given to these monsters in episode 2...but they are nothing we haven't seen before. Episode 2 can be seen as close to the same as Episode 1 as far as enemies.
Neo48

Postby JonathanF » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:10 pm

Wanna bet? You can't kill Yowee and Satelite lizard with a gun. They are invunlerable to those kinds of attacks. There's also a monster where if you shoot it once, it becomes invisible.
JonathanF

Postby Neo48 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:08 pm

Yowee and Satelite? Who are they....
Neo48

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:07 pm

<blockquote>Wanna bet? You can't kill Yowee and Satelite lizard with a gun. They are invunlerable to those kinds of attacks. There's also a monster where if you shoot it once, it becomes invisible.</blockquote> <br>Hm. Eh, a small modification. I'll be impressed when you tell me they upgraded the gameplay.
LaconianShot

Postby Siren » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:11 pm

Like targetting limbs and segments of monsters, in which hitting different sections would have different effects. A hit in the leg could topple the enemy, a midsection hit would do regular damage, and a head shot would do the most damage. This could be revealed depending on your accuracy, which would give Rangers a much-needed advantage.
Siren

Postby Neo48 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:48 pm

I am lost...what does this have to do with anything? How is Yowee and Satelite?
Neo48

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:28 pm

<blockquote>Because honestly, what is the difference between a Del Lily and an Ob Lily?</blockquote><br>That's right, none.<br><blockquote>Or how about a Gulgus and a Gibbon? Same attack patern.</blockquote><br>That's not true. Their AI is not the same, and they can use Techniques. Big change there.<br> <blockquote>Sinows from both episodes, same attack pattern again.</blockquote><br>The basic one, yes, but there have been improvements. They can use fire and ice weapons now, they don't fall from the roof, can teleport, and have a cloaking device.<br> <blockquote>Gees and Candines</blockquote><br>True.<br> <blockquote>Gibbles and Hildebear?</blockquote><br>Hildebear just jumps if he's far away, and shoots something at you from time to time. As for the rest, he just attacks without stopping.<br>However, Gibbles jumps even when not far away, and can defend (!).<br> <blockquote>And what about Dark Bringer and Delbiter?</blockquote><br>Delbiter does other things aside from just attacking. He tries to give you abnormal status. He also runs at you even when not far away.<p>However, you forgot these guys, with unique AI:<br>-Merillia and its female form<br>-Mericarol<br>-Gi-Gue<br>-Epsilon<br>-Ill Gill<br>-Recobox<br>-Recon<p>In the end though, your arguement doesn't mean much.<br>Why? Because Episode II wasn't sold separately!
Benoit

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star Online