The most annoying boss

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

The most annoying boss

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:14 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by LaconianShot</i><p>Then carry a slicer. I'm sure you get enough of them, Benoit.<br></blockquote><br>*shudders*<br>Too slow, unreliable, and too weak.
Benoit

The most annoying boss

Postby Forge » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:10 pm

I always carry a slicer for when he's beside you.<p>Like my Gush Diska!<p>No need for Resta.
Forge

The most annoying boss

Postby Mage1 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:08 pm

On my way to the De Rol Le a nano dragon attacked every enemy around not including me. ^.^
Mage1

The most annoying boss

Postby Neo48 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:19 pm

Haha! Yes...I once let the Dragon do the work. Its a big dragon when it powers up..
Neo48

The most annoying boss

Postby Mage1 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:20 pm

On multiplayer mode on offline mode it was hard to beat vol opt because the other half of the screen was red because my friend died.
Mage1

The most annoying boss

Postby Siren » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:51 am

Have I ever told you how much I love you, Mage1? No? Well...<p>I love you, Mage1.
Siren

The most annoying boss

Postby Mage1 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:23 am

Why did you post that Siren?<p>To beat De Rol Le make him naked right?(his armor comes out).
Mage1

The most annoying boss

Postby Kirst » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:27 pm

<blockquote>Have I ever told you how much I love you, Mage1? No? Well... <br>I love you, Mage1.</blockquote> <p>LMAO...<p>Benoit, you don't carry around ANY guns at all? Wow.<p>The most annoying boss has got to be Barba Ray. Without a decent handgun on your hunter (stupid varista...) it takes way to long to kill him.
Kirst

The most annoying boss

Postby Neo48 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:20 pm

Why does everyone think Barba ray is tough.....he has less health than the Dragon! I'm not even convinced he has 10000+ HP on Ultimate.
Neo48

The most annoying boss

Postby Kirst » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:18 pm

Tough? No... he's the most annoying...<p>That's kinda what the thread is about.
Kirst

The most annoying boss

Postby Benoit » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:34 pm

I wouldn't mind making an exception for Rico's cool Red Handgun, but I haven't found it yet...<p>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1108920893[/TIME]][/size]
Benoit

The most annoying boss

Postby ROMeo » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:30 am

For me the most annoying boss is Falz. It's ok that the game was made to play in TEAM, but there's few things as frustrating as an encounter where you play a class that just CAN'T... HELP.... DYING! I find it too abusive the arm swipe doing a fixed amount of damage regardless of DFP, it's like saying that regardless of whether you play like a champ or have strategies that get you through where chars 10 levels higher than you fall, in the end it's only raw might and uber stats that count... yeah right, encourage the use of CodeBreaker, mat duping and so, way to go Sonic Team.<p>What's worse, things like that just ban low-hp classes completely of quests like Towards the Future, where the only way to get SS rank is both getting all monsters AND not dying once. A fonewearl wanting to get Giant Plantain Fan won't be able to do it until getting the 1380-something required hp to survive swipe, which would be somewhere around level 160-something unless she gets lucky with hp mats, point at which such a weapon becomes irrelevant anyway, so if you're a Fonewearl wanting such a weapon at a point where said weapon still makes any difference you need either a HU-something friend to get the weapon for you or getting a comfy chair for it will be a loooooooooooong wait.<p>I know there's always Challenge Mode if you want to get S-rank weapons, but still I don't like discrimination unless there's a good reason for that (or at least better than "you're not uber").<p>In the case of De'rol I have nothing against him, as he's merely a "buffer boss" to see whether you're prepared to get to ruins (if you beat De'rol you beat Vol Opt). Yes, he has those annoying unescapable hits, but at least they're not 1-hit kills (unless he scores a critical and you're really too low level) AND both your DFP and resistances count, which makes him a considerably better sport.<p>An annoying close second, however, would be the Sol Dragon from Episode 2, that part where he splits in 2 and you fight him on the ground while his other self bombards you with paralyzing electricity or ice is pure, frustratig hell. :)
ROMeo

The most annoying boss

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:56 pm

That's why there are HP units, ROMeo. :) Just put them in your armor.<p>It's Gol Dragon. :)
Benoit

The most annoying boss

Postby Mage1 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:22 pm

I find a lot of HP materials that should help I think.<br>
Mage1

The most annoying boss

Postby ROMeo » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:41 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><br>That's why there are HP units, ROMeo. :) Just put them in your armor.<br></blockquote><p>Let's see... using 4 God/HP units = +200 hp (more or less, haven't seem a God/HP in a while), an average fonewearl over level 120 is still under 900hp... she'd still have to be over level 130-something to 140 to be able to survive the 1380-something-damage swipe, which condemns her to the role of shifta/deband/jellen/zallure and rabarta spammer for sixty levels or until you complete cmode to get Srank Mechgun (good luck finding a cmode team that accepts Forces for the first 6 stages, cmoders can be a little discriminative, you see). A bit harsh to be demoted from combat caster to combat cheerleader for THAT long (and once you're above lv90 you barely get any satisfaction of V-hard games as they're too easy).<p>...but then, I still have to be able to reach ultimate in Episode 1&2, so I don't know how effective are the % bonuses on techs against ult enemy resistances (all my ranting relates to PC PSO v2).<p>Btw, thanks for the correction on the Gol Dragon's name. :)<br><p>[size=small][Edit by ROMeo on [TIME]1109022273[/TIME]][/size]
ROMeo

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star Online