CMode - Description/Help

Phantasy Star Online discussions only

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Kirst » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:43 am

Hey... me and my friend were lookin' over at PSOW, and we noticed the prizes for Challenge mode. We figured we might as well get 'em, but we've... never really tried to go far on challenge mode.<p>All we know so far is that there's puzzles and insane amounts of grinders/materials. Other than that, we're clueless.<p>Here are some questions I need answered:<br>1. How do we get/retrieve our prize?<br>2. What are the S-Rank stuff PSOW talks about?<br>3. Can you save in the middle of it?<p>And anything else you want to chip in.<p>Thanks!
Kirst

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Benoit » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:11 pm

<blockquote>1. How do we get/retrieve our prize?</blockquote><br>Finish Challenge Mode, Stage 9. To get an S-Rank weapon, you must have a cumulative time of under 7 hours.<br> <blockquote>2. What are the S-Rank stuff PSOW talks about?</blockquote><br>Weapons of various types that have a special glow to them, and can grind really high (+255 for most, if not all).<br> <blockquote>3. Can you save in the middle of it?</blockquote><br>Your game will automatically save after you complete a stage.<br> <blockquote>And anything else you want to chip in.</blockquote><br>Challenge Mode is a special mode where cooperation is key. You start at a set level, with set equipment. You will have to work together to get through the levels and solve the puzzles. If one of you dies, the stage is over, and you get booted back to the Hunter's Guild. It seems that in each stage, you start with 1 Scape Doll, so you can die once without losing.
Benoit

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Forge » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:46 am

Is it possible to rename the S-Ranks?<p>Or is that another false rumour I seem to be full of?
Forge

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Benoit » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:53 pm

Yes, you can give the S-Rank weapon any name you want!<br>Cool, uh? ^_^
Benoit

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Neo48 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:50 pm

Okay. I have another question that may tingle your sense :p <p>It seems that the truth is that S-Ranks can not be obtained Offline in Episdoe 1. Now..S-Ranks were split into ones you cang et in Episode 1, and ones you cang et in Episode 2. Now that PSO Plus is out..along with Episode 2 Challenge Mode, can the Episode 2 S-Ranks be obtained offline?<p>My reward for completing challenge mode was crappy...hahaha
Neo48

CMode - Description/Help

Postby ROMeo » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:46 pm

Tips for challenge mode:<p>- The best classes to play cmode are HUcast/caseal, RAcaseal, and FOnewearl. Diversity's blessings is only seen through gradual char growth and build, something you don't get in cmode, so specialization is the key.<p>- Learn to discern which enemies you must fight and which are only a distraction.<p>- Either print the maps and have them available at all times or have a veteran in your team that knows the maps, the wrong turn will cost you having to repeat the stage.<p>- Have the ranger synchronize his/her attacks with the hunters' as to provide a most effective distraction/deterrent while the hunters finish them with as little damage as possible.<p>- Make sure each player has its role straight. Only the hunters tank, the rest provide backup from the sidelines.<p>- Forces are necessary in challenge stages 6-9 as the party will need resta.
ROMeo

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Neo48 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:08 pm

What Jherm and I have found is that if he can get Resta...then challenge becomes a breeze (he is a HUmar) as we can both melee very well, and healing is split with mates for me, and fluids for him. This has been a great combo.
Neo48

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Mage1 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm

I'd say any ranger would be the best because all they need to do is shoot and retreat when the enemies come close. Cmode is hard because you start at level 1 and you have our starting weapons.
Mage1

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Forge » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:01 pm

My favourite party would be:<p>2 HUmar - sheer power<br>1 RAcaseal - long range support fire<br>1 FOnewearl - support + healing
Forge

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Benoit » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:15 pm

Indeed, no S-Ranks offline.<br> <blockquote>print the maps</blockquote><br>That would defeat part of Challenge Mode, and the joy of playing and discovering. It's the same as walkthroughs -> don't use unless you're really stuck.
Benoit

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Neo48 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:45 pm

<blockquote>Indeed, no S-Ranks offline. <br></blockquote> <p>Are you absolutely sure?
Neo48

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Forge » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:38 am

That would be a bit of a blow for me, I wanted a pair of S-Rank Mechs.<p>I need to get online soon!
Forge

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:44 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Neo48</i><br>Are you absolutely sure?<br></blockquote><br>Grr, of course I am sure! Just look it up at PSOW or any other PSO site if you don't believe me. What's the use of asking this question? I already got a whiny PM from Mage1 at the time of your post.
Benoit

CMode - Description/Help

Postby Neo48 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:59 pm

Hmm...I'm talking like real proof...just seems to suspisious.<p>What is the reward then?<p> <blockquote>Grr, of course I am sure</blockquote> <p>I was merely asking for confermation, not to make you angry :p
Neo48

CMode - Description/Help

Postby jherm » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:23 am

i thought there were just more kinds of s-ranks online. i was looking forward to my twin swords....ying and yang....DON'T STEAL MY NAME!
jherm

Next

Return to Phantasy Star Online