I'm so screwed

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

I'm so screwed

Postby KexMex » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:44 pm

Shit shit shit!!!<p>I've been joking a bit about my girlfriend, but now she's seriously pissed at me... I kinda forgot her at Valentine's...<p>If she's angry, I get depressed... I have always had a hard time handling these kinds of things. I go to therapy but it never helps.<p>Anybody know a way to make it up for her? I've tried the most. :(
KexMex

I'm so screwed

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:52 pm

Forgot her at Valentines? My dear Kex, that's a good way to get slapped <b>and</b> dumped. <br>Confront her about it. Apologize... and then take her out for dinner.
LaconianShot

I'm so screwed

Postby KexMex » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:55 pm

I did ask her out... but she just said she'll think about it and we never talked about it again
KexMex

I'm so screwed

Postby PSP » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:00 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by KexMex</i><p>I did ask her out... but she just said she'll think about it and we never talked about it again<br></blockquote><p>I used to leave a rose and a note on Kelly's car shortly before she got off work, worked wonders (well, that wasn't because we fought, but it was still a nice touch if I do say so myself).<p>-Corey
PSP

I'm so screwed

Postby Monocromatico » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:13 pm

Talking and showing that you care never did harm anybody.
Monocromatico

I'm so screwed

Postby Benoit » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:30 am

I agree with Monocromatico.<br>Talk to her, explain.
Benoit

I'm so screwed

Postby KexMex » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:56 pm

I am trying to, but she sorta avoids me.<p>Her mom found out and I'm not welcome there anymore.
KexMex

I'm so screwed

Postby Etra McGarl » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:04 pm

Err, this is one hell of a bind you got yourself into, i say try leaveing little things for her try to earn her heart back. i'll try to think of somthing that'll work wonders......damn the one time i ahve no decent advice :/
Etra McGarl

I'm so screwed

Postby Benoit » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:58 pm

WTF is it with women and making that big of a deal out of this? Forgetting is human, after all, and there should always be a chance to explain.<p>And I wish parents of such women would mind their own damn business.<p> :@
Benoit

I'm so screwed

Postby Lassic's Chllun » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:41 am

Well, just tell her you inkoy her! THAT will clear things up...ahhh, that felt good. Sorry though, that just sucks.
Lassic's Chllun

I'm so screwed

Postby Shell Presto » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:42 am

Did you forget it was Valentine's day, or did you forget about her on Valentine's day? (Just making sure you didn't do something like got your mom flowers but didn't get your girlfriend any...)<p>I kinda know how she feels, as I've been on the receiving end of these situations (my boyfriend forgot about Valentine's day, too...)<p>Anyway, the way she's been mad at you is disturbing. I don't know if she'll forgive you if she's been avoiding you for the entire week. You might want to think about staying with a girl like that...<p>But, if you love her that much and want to go the distance, you need a grand gesture to make up for it. And you have to present it in a way that she can't easily refuse. <p>DON'T call her and ask her to go on a date. You'll have to bring the date to her. Or something similar.<br>If you have some money to blow, send her flowers (or buy some flowers and leave them on her doorstep) everyday for a week. They don't have to be roses, just something pretty. Try an honest note of apology with each one, or something romantic. <p>Try to talk to her mom or dad and tell them that you want to make it up to her. Explain to them. Then maybe try to set up dinner at her house or something. Candles go a long way.<p>Or try something like writing you love her in the snow (don't know where you live, might not apply). You get the idea. The point is, you have to show her you care more than you forgot. <p>And most importantly, buy yourself a calendar.
Shell Presto

I'm so screwed

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:23 pm

<blockquote>And most importantly, buy yourself a calendar.</blockquote><br>Hahahaha! Now that was well thought out. Good advice as well. :)
Benoit

I'm so screwed

Postby Malakai » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:49 pm

Kex, this girl sounds like more trouble than she's worth, especially after the stunt that her parents pulled. That is such a low puerile manuever that it makes me wonder what goes through the mind of such irresponsible parents, and what kind of a daughter she really is for not being able to stand a confrontation.<p>However, if she keeps avoiding you, then perhaps a more direct approach is neccesary. Ask what really made her angry, or what can you do better. Humilty never hurts a relationship. And who knows? It could be something other than or in addition to V-day that you dont even know about. Also, try and remind of the good experiences you've shared together, and how you enjoy(ed) each others' company. When people remember these things, the heart becomes like putty in the hands.<p>Oh, and on a side note, NEVER use flowers to ask forgiveness because if/when you reconcile with her, every time you give her flowers even on a spontaneous note, she'll remember that not-so-nice episode when you were fighting or when she was mad at you. Trust me on this one. Girls never forget when (especially the first time) you give them flowers.
Malakai

I'm so screwed

Postby KexMex » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:52 pm

Actually, we talked just now and she's forgiven me. And I didn't think of flowers, I thought they'd be too stereotypical. Her mom apparently still doesn't want me to be there, though.<p>Anyway, I'll try harder in the future! Thanks for the care, guys!
KexMex

I'm so screwed

Postby Malakai » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:05 pm

Let me guess - her mother is a middle aged woman who's going trough some kind of "phase" in her life where she feels she's losing "control" of her daughter and in general life, so she takes out her frustrations on outside parties.<p>Or then again, she could still be a college brat trapped in the body of an aging housewife.
Malakai

Next

Return to General Discussion