Real-time banter?

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Real-time banter?

Postby ROMeo » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:33 pm

Any particular reason why no one uses the chat?
ROMeo

Real-time banter?

Postby ThePeaGuy » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:39 pm

I can think of a couple:<p>1. Most people here don't know how to use IRC software.<p>2. People not interested because they think it's crap.<p>
ThePeaGuy

Real-time banter?

Postby ROMeo » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:49 pm

Actually the client on this site is a bit confusing, but might as well open up a channel somewhere else with regular mirc.
ROMeo

Real-time banter?

Postby Monocromatico » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:11 pm

I´ve been up all the afternoon.
Monocromatico

Real-time banter?

Postby Benoit » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:31 am

I keep forgetting about it.<br>And it looks like I won't be able to for the rest of the month, because my damned siblings are almost done ruining the connection's bandwidth! :@
Benoit

Real-time banter?

Postby Neo48 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:19 pm

Hmm...I just chat with mose people on msn...
Neo48

Real-time banter?

Postby Malakai » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:27 pm

Chat IMO is rather a waste of time unless there is something very important that must be said that cannot be conveyed through PMs or an MB.
Malakai

Real-time banter?

Postby ROMeo » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:06 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Malakai</i><br>Chat IMO is rather a waste of time unless there is something very important that must be said that cannot be conveyed through PMs or an MB.<br></blockquote><p>Something very true when at work. But when I'm at home or otherwise with 50-seconds intervals to spare betweent the things I'm doing, then nothing like the fine art of conversation. ;)
ROMeo

Real-time banter?

Postby Benoit » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:38 pm

Nothing beats actual conversation instead of posting messages...
Benoit

Real-time banter?

Postby Malakai » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:28 am

I-net conversation is a double edged sword. You can waste an hour like a snap of the fingers chatting to a friend in IM and you haven't said ANYTHING worth a grain of salt (especially with girls - no offense ladies), so I dont know about that...you can ignore posted messages if you want. I personally prefer talking to people face to face, and of course to spite me my friends call me at an unequal proprotion that they call other people. Brats.
Malakai

Real-time banter?

Postby ROMeo » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:36 am

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.<br>All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.<br>All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.<br>All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.<br>All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.<br>All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.<br>All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.<br>All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.<br>All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.<br>All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
ROMeo

Real-time banter?

Postby Benoit » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:37 pm

That's why you try to have meaningful conversations with intelligent people when chatting. ;)<br>I don't use public chat rooms. Messy people and pedophiles there.
Benoit

Real-time banter?

Postby Lassic's Chllun » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:41 pm

I personslly hate chat rooms. Messy grammer and no charisma from everybody, and then the comments quickly go to lewd comments and fighting. Not a happy place to be.
Lassic's Chllun

Return to General Discussion