I has a Wii VGA cable

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

I has a Wii VGA cable

Postby BenoitRen » Mon May 25, 2009 10:50 pm

After hearing about it from a good friend, and reading mostly positive reviews on it, I ordered a VD-W2 Wii VGA cable from VDigi Electronics almost two weeks ago. It arrived in the mail today, and I just tested it.

First I had to connect the provided green plug to my TV's video in jack so I could enable the EDTV/HDTV (480p) option. After that it was like the screen was split in two. I shut my Wii down, and connected it to my PC monitor.

It's important to note that this will only work on games that support progressive scan. Most Wii games do, but Virtual Console games sadly don't.

I turned on my Wii and was greeted with a sharp image of the health warning, and the channel screen. So far so good.

I first tried Mega Man 9, a WiiWare title. As I feared, this title doesn't support progressive scan, and the screen went black and acted like it repeatedly got reset. I shut my Wii down and started Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Suffice to say, the image was sharp and of high quality. I played for some time and didn't notice any graphic glitches or input delay. This cable does its job well.

It's already late, so I didn't try more titles, but I would definitely recommend this to anyone who doesn't have a TV in their room but does have a computer monitor, and anyone who is looking for the best picture quality for their Wii.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Return to General Discussion