I bought a DSi...

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

I bought a DSi...

Postby Neo48 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:50 pm

...and it is pretty cool. Well, having something that can play a large library of games and hold lots of music via SD card is cool.

I will probably get PS:0 when it comes out, but other than that I wouldn't mind suggestions of games to play.
PSO (GC) - NEO: HUcast LV 176
PSOBB Schthack (PC) - Redrian: HUcast LV 25
PSU (PC) - Neo: Male Cast Acrofighter LV 161 R.I.P.
PS0 (DS) - Neon: HUcaseal LV 82
Neo48
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:08 pm

What kind of games do you like to play? There are a lot of games that can be recommended.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby The HuBBs » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:00 pm

two games that just came out are rather awesome. ther's the wizard of oz rpg that is unexpectedly good, and kingdom hearts.
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Neo48 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:55 am

Hehe, I've more RPG's than I know what to do with so I should be fine in that genre. A friend of mine has been buying them since the release of the DS.

If there are any good beat em' up games out there then I would enjoy that. A solid non turn-based adventure would be nice too.
Neo48
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Neo48 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:46 pm

I finished my buddy's Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. It was alright. The problem I have with "monster" catching games is that I can't seem to find one that imbues me with the same satifaction that Pokemon Blue/Red did. The ability to fight with 3 monsters at once is cool and I liked the whole synthesizing for abilities. However, I didn't find the monsters very interesting (save for a couple). The progression was tedious, sometimes the game was too hard to move on immediately and sometimes I could whiz through an island without any sort of challenge. This was especially the case with the final boss; I made it through the final area without any issues and once I reached him I took so much damage that I couldn't heal and revive (through items and spells) fast enough.

I found Sonic Rush brand new for 20 dollars so I grabbed it. I'll be sure to give my thoughts whenever I finish it.
Neo48
King Rappy
King Rappy

Re: I bought a DSi...

Postby MrKite » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:41 pm

Neo48 wrote:...and it is pretty cool. Well, having something that can play a large library of games and hold lots of music via SD card is cool.

I will probably get PS:0 when it comes out, but other than that I wouldn't mind suggestions of games to play.

I wanna get a DSi.
MrKite
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Neo48 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:13 am

I finished Sonic Rush today (with all the Emeralds). What can I say about this one? I'll get the bad out of the way first. The story was full of cheesiness and elementary dialogue. Also, despite the game being similar to the genesis versions the music will be no where near as memorable (I found myself humming the boss fight music from Sonic 2 despite having just beaten a boss in Rush).

However, the game still kicked major ass. The zones had a good mix of speed and minor platforming; each stage kept a good pace. The bosses were huge and being that I am such a Metroid junkie I found myself liking this. I'm quite surprised that the game is an early title in the DS library because it was very pretty and ran smoothly (no framerate dips that I noticed). Blaze is probably my favorite new character since Knuckles...I hope to see more of her. Lastly, the trick system was basic but a good addition over the genesis games. I loved using the super boost/fire boost techniques a lot so to see the tricking (your source of "fuel" for boosting) done well is a plus.

Where will I go now? Well, I remembered that a little game called Metroid Prime Hunters exists so I hope to find that somewhere. Until then...who knows.
Neo48
King Rappy
King Rappy

Return to General Discussion