What games are you playing at the moment?

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Dreamer wrote:I'm still on the first, I'm in the Darm (?) tower and I need to collect the last three books, still.

Ah. Darm is correct btw.

Btw do you have the 3rd set of equipment? It makes the first part of the tower that easier to do when your Silver Equipment is stolen.

What do you think of it so far? And what difficulty setting are you playing it on?
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby LegoMuskCat » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:43 am

IndispensablePeaGuy wrote:Btw do you have the 3rd set of equipment? It makes the first part of the tower that easier to do when your Silver Equipment is stolen.
I have all the silver equipment, and the complete full 3rd set. Still trying to get back the silver stuff. >.>

What do you think of it so far? And what difficulty setting are you playing it on?
I'm playing it on the easy difficulty setting (I know, I suck) because I don't like struggling much with new games I try out. Also, I think the game is interesting enough, but the vague direction is kinda bad at points. I started losing interest once I got to the tower, as I felt that the game kinda started to drag. =\
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Rune Factory is starting to get a little frustrating. I tend to crops in caves every day, and it's wearing me out. I also started to pursue cooking, forging, decoration and pharmacy. The skill level progression isn't always reasonable, and sometimes the ingredients/materials needed aren't available, despite being far into the game already. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

In terms of game time, I find that a year takes quite some time. I'm still in the first year.

I discovered that I could read more books at the library than I thought, which taught me more about the mechanics. I wish I had been able to read those sooner, as it's changing my cave use for the better, and I learned how to properly use touch controls, which enables me to automate some repetitive tasks and reduce wear on the B button.

Points I'm still not clear on, though, is increasing a bachelorette's love for the character, and marriage requirements. There's supposed to be a stone in an snowy cave that I need, but I can't find it. Maybe I need a fire spell that melts snow. It's worth a try.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby LegoMuskCat » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Maybe you need some of those items that increase stamina so you have more energy throughout the day? In the Harvest Moon games I played, there was something like this in a few of them. >.>
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:39 pm

I was talking more about myself, but that interpretation works as well. :)

I haven't seen any items that can increase my Rune points. They don't even increase as your level increases. Their use diminishes as your skill increases, though. Finally, it's recommended that you grow crops in caves because they spawn Rune orbs. I didn't know until reading more books in the library that you don't have to harvest the crops and can leave them for more Rune orbs on the next day. :O
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Caged Wolf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Yesterday I found a full download for the Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, complete with an already configured DOSbox and official and unofficial patches/mods. Yeah...there goes all my gaming energy. Just in time for my AmeriCorps service to wrap up. :D
Caged Wolf
Locusta
Locusta

Postby The HuBBs » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Caged Wolf wrote:Yesterday I found a full download for the Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, complete with an already configured DOSbox and official and unofficial patches/mods. Yeah...there goes all my gaming energy. Just in time for my AmeriCorps service to wrap up.

FYI you can now legally DL daggerfall for free from the bethesda website with dosbox.
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:54 pm

My sudden burst of social life ate away at my enjoyment of videogames.

I decided to start playing stuff again, but I have no real idea of what would be good to concentrate on. RPGs are definitely out of the question because they become too time consuming for me, and I'm about to start those hateful productive times.

So far my best bet is Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Caged Wolf » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:02 pm

The HuBBs wrote:
Caged Wolf wrote:Yesterday I found a full download for the Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, complete with an already configured DOSbox and official and unofficial patches/mods. Yeah...there goes all my gaming energy. Just in time for my AmeriCorps service to wrap up.

FYI you can now legally DL daggerfall for free from the bethesda website with dosbox.

I downloaded it here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files
Caged Wolf
Locusta
Locusta

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:33 am

I finished Ys I and got started on Ys II. So far, I'm really liking the second game. :D
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Dreamer wrote:I finished Ys I and got started on Ys II. So far, I'm really liking the second game.

Whereabouts are you on there? I'm guessing you're at the mine part.

To beat most of the bosses in this game you have to rely on fire magic to own them. Make sure you find the bell, the doctor, the magical flower and the ore if you haven't already. To acquire magic power, you need to grind a bit, talk to Leggs at the Ruins, own the golems then speak to the Goddesses (the statue).

Ys Origin and Ys I & II are part of what I call the "Ys Kingdom Trilogy" because they deal directly with the kingdom. After that, the games are self-contained where Adol deals with a calamity circulating a country.

Current timeline goes like this:

Ys Origin
Ys I & II
Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (the canonical interquel; Dawn of Ys, while the best Ys IV version, is non-canon)
Ys: Oath In Felghana (Ys III retconned and a great remake of III)
Ys V: The Lost City of Sand (apparently the worst game in the series, but the first to introduce hack and slash gameplay)
Ys VI: Ark of Naphistim (good game. you can either get the pc or ps2 version. hardcore ys fans swear by the pc version and not konami's ps2/psp localisation. you're best getting the ps2 version.)
Ys Seven (I'm liking this one so far. It has party-combat.)
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:38 am

Currently I'm at the town before Soloman (sp?) Shrine. And yeah, I learned the hard way about the fire, at least for the first boss. XD I kept trying to ram it like you would typically in Ys I, but since that consistently resulted in death with little to show for it, went back I looked for an alternative solution. When I got the fire magic, I put two and two together and toasted bosses from then on. =P

I did get stuck a lot, but I managed. I wish I would've looked here had I known you'd give tips. ^^; I'll have to drop you a PM if there's something else I'm not sure about, as I dislike looking through Gamefaqs since spoilers are abundant. =\ Plus it's hard to look for just the thing that you've missed so you can continue.

After I finish Ys II, I plan on trying Ys Origin since I'm a sucker for following accurate timelines (if at all possible).
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:55 pm

No problem, H. Ask away if you're stuck. What difficulty are you playing it on?
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Semix » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:24 am

Got back into Crysis 2 online multiplayer, the platinum needs you to get to the max rank, which is 50 (ignoring suit reboots) and I've managed to grind my way up to 43 from going for challenges with XP bonuses, and I now have over 1 million XP total, making me rank 7175 in the world (ps3) for XP :D Also rank 3542 for kills, which I think is really good, ignore my accuracy rank, rank 4158 for wins and 4698 for skill kills. Yay.
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Playing Langrisser on the Genesis. Easy so far.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion