Homophobia

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby meteor9 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Don't egg him on too much. He might pretend he 'won' and stop talking to you!
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Edge » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:35 pm

When did I say I 'won'? Is that how you feel?
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Guys, this isn't a fight you can 'win'. It's a discussion, not a fight. The only thing you're really succeeding in doing is alienating the entire board. How is that victorious?
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby meteor9 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:39 pm

I'm just trying to get my point across, which seems to be totally missed... I gave up on it, I do see their point of view, I just don't agree... However, as I can see from Meteor's reply, my point of view is being completely ignored, so it's like I said, you can't argue with a closed minded person that is ONLY going to see their own views, and can NOT admit someone else may have a point...

I've already decided to stop on this, I just HAD TO reply to that one post, cause it's honestly insanely hypocritical... I'm done on this topic though, I promise ya...

I dunno, calling the opposition close minded and saying you're done does kinda have a slight air of arrogance and superiority.

That said, I DID consider your point of view. Your point of view is that Homosexuals don't have it AS bad as in some hellholes so they don't deserve the help of outsiders because your girlfriend is black. Also, if anyone even suggests that maybe we should be interested in the plight of homosexuals, they're hypocrites because they haven't fellated you personally about your 'tough times'.

Somehow I'm the close-minded one, though.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:43 pm

meteor9 wrote:
I'm just trying to get my point across, which seems to be totally missed... I gave up on it, I do see their point of view, I just don't agree... However, as I can see from Meteor's reply, my point of view is being completely ignored, so it's like I said, you can't argue with a closed minded person that is ONLY going to see their own views, and can NOT admit someone else may have a point...

I've already decided to stop on this, I just HAD TO reply to that one post, cause it's honestly insanely hypocritical... I'm done on this topic though, I promise ya...

I dunno, calling the opposition close minded and saying you're done does kinda have a slight air of arrogance and superiority.

That said, I DID consider your point of view. Your point of view is that Homosexuals don't have it AS bad as in some hellholes so they don't deserve the help of outsiders because your girlfriend is black. Also, if anyone even suggests that maybe we should be interested in the plight of homosexuals, they're hypocrites because they haven't fellated you personally about your 'tough times'.

Somehow I'm the close-minded one, though.

/thread. 8)
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:01 pm

You totally missed the entire point... Fail, try again.

No, it isn't BECAUSE MY GIRLFRIEND IS BLACK... I guess I need to break it down REALLY simple for you, cause it's just going right over your head.

Perhaps some people aren't joining you in your plight because we have our OWN problems to deal with... I'm not against homosexuals, honestly, I'm really not... And honestly America is Candy Land compared to other counties. What I'm trying to get across though, is we all have our problems, and we all have our issues... Even people who don't deal with "RACISM" (Not black girlfriend, let's use the proper terms here, I don't say, WELL JUST BECAUSE YOU EAT PUSSY, that would be closed minded and ignorant of hell of me, now wouldn't it?) Anyhow, even people who don't deal with RACISM, or HOMOPHOBIA, surely have their own problems, and plights as well... We're all fighting battles here. We're all the victims of closed minded ignorance which surrounds us today.

Honestly Meteor, I'm kindly disappointed... I "ASSUMED" someone who has a struggle has hard as yours', you would be able to step outside of the box and see that homosexuality isn't the only problem endured in America... Racism is honestly a very big deal, and believe it or not, me and you have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM in the public eye... Yes, I can marry my girlfriend, and we are actually planned to be married, but the disrespect, and danger is no different than yours'.

I have to worry about being murdered too... You know how nervous I get walking by a group of African Americans when holding hands to what is honestly one of the most beautiful women on the planet, AND SHE'S BLACK... You probably don't understand, cause you only understand your own problem... YET you expect people from outside of YOUR problem to help you... THIS IS WHY this argument is pointless, because despite what you say YOU DO NOT see my side... I FULLY SEE YOURS' AND I ACKNOWLEDGE IT, but because I won't put my problems down to come over and help you with yours', you have a fricken' brick in your head, and refuse to hear anything else... I MEAN, look at how misconstrued you got my point... It's sad, really...

I dunno, I don't think I can possibly get through to you... Surely other people understand where I am coming from, though. That'll have to be good enough for me.

Edit: Until you're mature enough to understand homophobia isn't the only problem in the United States, I wouldn't go around asking people for their help... You need to see the big picture and realize that is ONE of many problems, that MANY people deal with. To get mad at someone for not helping you, but totally closing your eyes at other problems and being closed minded towards other issues in the United States, is honestly sad... "TRAGIC"! I wouldn't help you, even if we shared the same plight, because I hate closed minded people... YOU SHOULD TOO CONSIDERING YOUR PROBLEM... But hey, I guess homophobia is the ONLY problem in the United States... Sure thing buddy... YOU WIN!

Edit, Edit: Also, look up how many people are "KILLED" for being homosexual in the united states, and how many people are "KILLED" over racism... I think you might find my plight is a bit more dangerous than yours'... Yeah, we have rights, but we're not safe.

"Hey, white boy... What you doin with that girl? Come here, man... Lemmie holla at you!"

Seriously... ugh, nvm, I'm dropping it... You won't understand until you pull that block out of your brain.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Are you saying that people shouldn't care about other people's problems because they have problems of their own?

Wow. That's really very sad. Guess I'll have to care about people more to pick up your slack.

By the way, meteor9 isn't gay. I have proof. :lol:

I feel this picture is relevant now.

Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:30 pm

ROFLMAO @ PIC!!!

Anyhow... How come her completely neglecting other problems isn't acknowledged here, but just mine? That's pretty one sided, don't you think? Do keep in mind, she can't even comprehend that I was speaking of racism, just having a "black girlfriend"... No, what I am saying is, not that we CAN'T, but maybe we have TOO MUCH to deal with to take a time out and jump into ANOTHER war when already fighting a battle... I'm not America, I'm not taking on Iraq AND Afghanistan at the same time... We have people all around the globe fighting different battles...

I'm in my own battle, but I'm not EXPECTING help from random people I meet on the internet, and then getting mad at them for not helping... I honestly find that very reliant.. I dunno, I guess we're just different people, but I see my side crystal clear... Although, she is totally high nosing my problem, yet, me acknowledging her, and not helping seems to be a problem but she's not doing anything wrong... I find that contradicting... Honestly...

EDIT: Seriously, take a time out, and a moment to reflect... I'm not against gays, and I'm not against homosexuals, yet, I'M YOUR ENEMY because I don't want to jump into YOUR battle to help you... I'm not disrespecting gays in any way, nor am I saying I have a single problem with them, but because I don't want to grab signs and march infront of a court house or something, I'm your enemy as well? Do you collect enemies and battles like Pokemon and you just GOTTA catch em all, or what? I don't understand the REAL problem you have... How many enemies do you want on your list? EVERY SINGLE PERSON who is homophobic, AND every single person who ISN'T homophobic but not taking a time out to help you in your plight when you can't even comprehend another problem? COME ON!!!! I'ma do what my girl tells me to do in THESE sort of situations, and just laugh to myself, since I'm the only one who gets the JOKE here.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:41 pm

I just figured that you would have a little more understanding about how it feels to be picked on because of your situation; e;g, a jamacian girlfriend. When you really get down to it there's no difference between racism and homophobia, it's all based on the same thing; discrimination.

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Don't you feel any empathy for people who suffer because of homophobia? If you want somebody to give a damn about your troubles, then first you gotta care about somebody else who needs it.

As it is, I have no reason to care about your 'fight'. I'd like to care, really I do, but your self-centredness is really grating.

Well, I guess I do care a little. I used to volunteer at a Sudanese church a few years ago. That was fun. :wink:

Also, meteor9 is not a woman. I dunno where you got that idea from. O_o
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Okay, you and Meteor must be secret lovers or something, because the things you are saying about me, Meteor is doing as well, yet... It's okay for Meteor to do that, but it's taboo for me... If you're going to share your opinions, atleast make them YOUR OPINIONS, and not just backing up your friend... Every time you post, you seem dumber and dumber... Seriously, look at what you're saying about me, and reread Meteor's posts... You might find your arguing with me over the same exact things Meteor is doing... But I guess you just don't see that... I'm not going to argue with someone who is incapable of seeing the full picture, and is only backing up their friend, NOT sharing their TRUE opinions... Honestly... Meteor has done every single thing you've had against me in your last 2 posts...
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Wow. Two entirely different people.

From two entirely different backgrounds.

Well... I guess three if you count Wing-0.

And yet we all come to the same conclusion. Three separate opinions made independantly from one another.

You must be right. I mean, look how many people agree with you.

Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:12 pm

YOUR OPINION: (or your 3 opinions): "I PERSONALLY" should help you with your problems... That's the opinion you all tend to be sharing... Why do you so desperately want my help? Do you feel I'd be a huge chess piece in your fight for homosexuality in America? Honestly, I just see two people backing up each other, and being all over each other... Two closed minded people who can only see their own side... Wing-0 doesn't really share the opinion of I NEED TO HELP YOU TWO!

If you're that desperate to get soldiers in your li'l battle, GO TO A FUCKING HOMOSEXUAL GAY PEOPLE board, and NOT a Phantasy Star board getting mad at a RANDOM PERSON you DO NOT know for not helping you.

PS - I can easily fill this board with ppl who agree with me, but I won't take it that far over a stupid comment like that... I actually love this place outside of this topic, and your two closed minds.

Personally, I like Wing-0, I just like messing with him because of his long rants... I'm honestly anxious for his next post.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Why do I need your help? I'm not gay.

Also, you really need to calm down. You're starting to type a little like Chris-chan. This is just a fun general discussion board, and there's no reason for name calling and generally being nasty towards members.
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:00 pm

omg... That's the argument, Waltz... The argument IS that "I" should help out in the homosexual's plight for equal rights... Reread this entire thing, that is the argument we're having... You don't even know why we're arguing and you have so much to say?

The reason I am getting nasty is because you are starting to frustrate me by your ignorance... This isn't an insult, look up the word "Ignorance"... I say that, because you are getting upset with me for the same exact stuff Meteor is doing, so you are ignorant of the fact your buddy you are backing up is doing PRECISELY what you are talking down to me for...

It's frustrating to try and talk to somebody, and even break it down really simple for them, and still have your point totally missed... I'm not asking for help in my plight, maybe you have that aspect of this discussion confused... I was using that as an example, to show Meteor how stupid his comment was.

Meteor got mad at me, because I said I'm not homophobic, but on the same token, I'm not out fighting for equal rights, because I have my own battles, and I don't ask for help for my battles on a Phantasy Star board, while he continues to rant on and on about how I should help him with this whole homosexual thing... THAT is the discussion, maybe it's drug out for so long now you two are forgetting the root of this whole mess...

Maybe you should take a timeout and reread every post that's been written, then return and see where we're at... This discussion is a tree, and we're branched out so far we're currently on a leaf, far from the original point being made.

Look, the argument is simple... I'm wrong because I won't fight for gay rights, an my argument is, I got my own problems that "I" deal with, and I feel that if that's HIS battle, HE should deal with THAT battle himself, and not get mad at people on THIS board for not jumping in to help him. Honestly, it's a very simple concept, but I keep repeating getting told otherwise by you two.

I just find it stupid, how it's not good enough for me to not be homophobic, but I HAVE TO NOT BE HOMOPHOBIC, AND fight for gay's rights... That's total BS... And to get mad at me, or to talk down to me because of that, IS OF COURSE going to get you negative feedback from me... Just like if I was to get mad at you, for not joining the fight against racism when you're NOT a racist person, would be nothing short of RETARDED... Sometimes, you NEED to put yourself in the other person's shoes, and try to see their point. I assure, I've gone into your arguments shoes, and I still see you as being wrong for not being satisfied with the fact I'm not against gays. I just don't understand how much more you want from me... HOW MANY PPL on this board, are not homophobic, AND not fighting for gays rights... Yet, for some absurd reason, I'm the center target to get mad at for doing this...

I'm sorry, I hate to be insulting, I really do, I'm a VERY friendly person until I'm hit with stupidity, but this is HONESTLY stupid as all hell... And if you could just take a moment, A MOMENT, to step outside of the box, and pull the brick out of your skulls, you would realize I AM RIGHT! There is NO REASON to get mad at me FOR NOT HELPING YOU ON YOUR FIGHT! How many ppl here aren't??? Get mad at them!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:12 pm

I think you're beginning to get meteor9 and I mixed up. I'm barely part of this argument at all, and I don't want you to do anything you don't want to do. I'm not telling you to grab your signs and picket against homophobia. If you can find that in one of my posts; I'll shut up right now.

Read over my posts. I'm just trying to remind people to keep things civil on a message board and to show compassion to people, regardless of the reason.
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion