Post what's on your mind now

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby Edge » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Um... She's not gonna die! Just strugglin for the time being... Yeah, GTA FTW!
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:35 pm

I only wish a successful recovery from my end... I may find you annoying and all, but I know full well how you feel about her.

On happy news: A friend of mine gave birth to... Her first three daughters... O_o

She's so tall we weren't expecting her to be pregnant with three babies, and since she totally avoided hospitals and gave birth by herself, only assisted by my cousin (a medic), her own husband (a gynecologist) and her mother (a retired nurse), those three miniature humans came as a huge surprise.

And I get to name one of the babies!

It'll be One name chosen by her for all the three girls and another different one for each chosen by my cousin, her husband and me.

Why am I in the mix? 'Cuz we happened to grow up together more like siblings. She's referred to as my non genetic twin... Only she grew up around 6 feet...

That woman is as resistant as an oak!!!
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Matti_Dethwish » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:38 pm

Wow, that's amazing! Thought of any good names yet?

Writer, Musician, Dreamer
Matti_Dethwish
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Nope... I'm being careful, since registration is still a few months away. I have a few in mind, but I don't want to rush.

Funny thing, they want me to be one of the Godfathers of the babies... But I'm not even Catholic! Ah, who cares... I'll still babysit them anyways...

And teach them cool stuff.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Edge » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:58 pm

Wow... That's amazing... Well, that's fricken awesome you get to name one of em! What a soldier, 3 kids at once... Wow...
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Semix » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:06 am

You said there girls right? Demi? Not just for the PS reference, but I actually love the name.
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Matti_Dethwish » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:11 am

WING-0 wrote:And teach them cool stuff.

Phantasy Star, perhaps? The new generation needs to know!

Writer, Musician, Dreamer
Matti_Dethwish
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Wing-0 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:58 am

Semix wrote:You said there girls right? Demi? Not just for the PS reference, but I actually love the name.

Demi came to mind, actually. It's a name I've always liked... Problem? She hates Demi Moore...

I've been thinking of a few greek names. Astraea is one that I like a lot. Goddess of Justice? I like. Athena also, since she was the goddess of Wisdom. I'll see what she likes, I don't want to give the little one a name her mother won't like 100%, even if she told me "Any name you like". I asked "Even if I name her Rubber Ducky?" "Any... I'll have a first for her anyways.", she replied.

So I'm thinking and thinking... While I enjoy my FIRST completely free weekend in a while (my recent one week of vacations don't count).
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm amused by the skanky mistresses of Tiger Woods - the list is endless. :lol:
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Wing-0 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:15 pm

I've heard a bit of that case. There is something that sickens me about the whole Tiger Woods Mess. When the cat got out of the bag, he PUBLICLY apologized for having who knows how many affairs.

Since it was public, I assume he was addressing me as well, since I am, well, a fan of his accomplishments... My question is the following:

WHAT THE HELL DO I CARE!?

His private life is his private life. It's meant to be his, his wife's and his mistresses' business, not anyone else's.

It angers me how the media puts their eyes on Tiger Woods as if he had done something disrespectful to ANYONE but his wife (and kids if he has them). Then those whores coming on the stage with "broken hearts" as if they had clean hands trying to get the viewers' attention for their own ends, only makes me change the channel, the webpage and do something else.

They feed the Drama Llama to get more ratings...

Excuse me while I go isolate myself with games or something else...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm finally done with working at the book festival. 6 days of hurting feet (and occasionally legs). At least the pay is worth it, and the colleagues were nice people overall.

KA-CHING!
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Edge » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:31 am

I'm thinking about Zucca, and new guy's topic about Phantasy Star resources and am considering getting involved... Those are just my thoughts though, and not my actions, or words.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:48 am

Long rant...

Several things annoyed me beyond what I can take this weekend.

My brother came to me telling me to repair his broken XBox (the black one). I did it before several times, enlongating the life of that defective piece of shit only because I like a few of the games in it (KOTOR 1 and 2, DOA3). But every time I fix that loud piece of trash, I barely have any time to enjoy it when they come and take it back, barely use it, letting it gather dust, and when it breaks down, I am there to fix it. Well, not anymore. I'm not their fucking errand boy to use as they please.

I'm known in my family for loving machines and fixing them since I was 8 years old, refusing to let old, broken things go to waste. However, that self serving, imbecilic attitude of my TWO younger brothers has finally gotten to me.

I hope they find someone that can fix their machines as well as I did, because they ARE going to break down sooner than later. And I hope they have the cash...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:55 am

The reason we ended up splitting our belongings, instead of the communal property system my father had in mind when we were children was because when they first got that piece of trash, we all played with the Dreamcast. It was everyone's property. We took turns to play with it. They've always liked multiplayer games, while I have always preferred single player games. What did that mean? I never played with them, spending my hours with the console enjoying it alone. They somehow thought my behaviour was an act of individualism. So when they bought the XBox, it was theirs and I barely could play it since I needed their authorization.

Now, when the Dreamcast died, I asked them for help in buying another one or repairing the existing one. The flatly refused, saying they preferred buying more games for their new console.

"Fine", I though. "I'll see what I can do by myself."

Time passed and I bought my first PS2, a Japanese nobody cared about, except for me, since the games were, well... In Japanese...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:02 am

...and they couldn't be assed to learn anything other than English.

More and more time passed and the opportunity for repairing the old, broken Dreamcast presented itself. I dug money from under my bed, went after money people owed me and stuff. The thing is, I got another broken Dreamcast I could use to repair the old. However, I saw the pieces of the old DC and the pieces of the new. About 50/50 was usable from each, with some pieces utterly ruined.

In the end, I put together a virtually new Dreamcast with my own money, perseverance and more than anything else, devotion to my craft. Building a voltage source by myself was NOT simple in the least.

What happened? That when my brothers saw the working Dreamcast, and me, playing the old games they didn't feel interested in recovering, they WANTED it to be everyone's.

Didn't happen.

The DC I put together from two ruined DCs was mine and still is.

Now, when the "life extension" of their original XBox, the console they ditched me for (literally)...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion