What's your heritage?

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

What's your heritage?

Postby Wing-0 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:30 am

I got to thinking after making a double post to Semix. What is your heritage, guys? For example, I am a mixture. Descending from invading Spaniards, I carry genes and names from the bastard son of a spanish count, jews that were subsequently expelled from Spain thanks to the Catholics, Muslims that were also expelled from the same place and native Americans from the Tarasco tribe in Mexico (America is a continent!!!).

I am physically white with dark brown (shaved) hair and green eyes, but I have close relatives that display traits from our indigenous people, like a cousin who is dark skinned, black haired, brown eyed, and who we say in jokes has a nopal attached to her forehead (typical Mexican desertic plant, meaning that she looks like a stereotypical Mexican).

My family is composed of whites, a few blondes, dark skinned people (who I envy because they don't get sunburnt!!) and so on.

What about you?
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Zucca » Tue May 18, 2010 4:11 am

Pure finnish.
I think my father's mother's grandmother was russian...
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Xander » Tue May 18, 2010 11:44 am

Well first thing's first, I'm scottish through and through, no denying that. :P I'm also from a pretty small family. There aren't many of us around now.

My family has been scottish for quite a fair few generations. You'd have to go back a long way to find anything. Then there's the fact that the celts were spread out all over the UK and Europe so I'm part celt for sure. I could easily be some diluted mix of scottish, irish, english and welsh. But that's celts for you. :P

What I do know is that I also have origins from Belgium and France as well and that somewhere down the line, though I'm not sure where they were from, there was even a knight in the family too and that he had the same surname as I have today. Awesome, I'm nobility. lol

Now If I could have some of those sunproof genes too I'd be all set, but being scottish, there's no chance of that happening.
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby skymandr » Tue May 18, 2010 8:18 pm

Quarter Norwegian, the rest is Swedish. Red head, red heart.
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby The HuBBs » Tue May 18, 2010 8:52 pm

I have french canadian, scottish and irish heritage. Moreso from the frenchy side. And possibly some german and english heritage as well though unconfirmed.
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Semix » Tue May 18, 2010 9:29 pm

75% English, 25% Maltese. As far as I know anyway. I'm 14 as we all know, I have long brown hair and blue/green eyes. I used to hate long hair on males but now I love it. :D And by the by, going on a spanish trip soon.
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Wed May 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Human lineage started in Africa and we were all black prior to global emigration. It's been validated that there's no such thing as human races among most biologists.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Wing-0 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:12 am

Yeah. The term "race", when used in a human's perspective actually originated from intellectuals that classified those they viewed as different in a racist manner.

Funny thing is, our mitochondria, those things that produce energy for our cells, have the same DNA... meaning they're all related... And by extension, we as well.

Africans from many places actually don't. Their mitochondriae exhibit different patterns.

So... we're a bunch of inbreds... that escaped inbreeding by variations in climates, places and stuff.

Tibetans show a genetic trait that lets them produce more hemoglobin to oxygenate their blood at the huge altitude they live at... More than 4 Kilometres above sea level, where air is VERY thin.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Xander » Thu May 20, 2010 7:01 am

Born with immunity to altitude sickness? Sounds handy for sure. :P Then again, these are things that happen over time if you live in a place like that, eventually the later generations are born with these advantages built in. It's a bit like evolution really.
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Semix » Thu May 20, 2010 12:03 pm

Use this as an argument against racism. :D
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Tanith » Thu May 20, 2010 12:59 pm

1/4 Italian
1/4 Welsh

And the remaining 1/2 is made up of English, German, French, Scottish and who-knows-what-else. I can only go back as far as the 1400s with my French ancestry, the 1600s with my German and English ancestors, 1700s with Welsh and Scottish, and 1800s with my Italian ancestors.
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Xander » Thu May 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Semix wrote:Use this as an argument against racism. :D

Well I'm sure it's a valid argument, though I doubt any racist people would be so understanding anyway. I bet if we tried hard enough, after a few centuries we could probably go live underwater. :P All we have to do is try not to drown in the process.
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Wing-0 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:03 pm

Butbut...

I don't wanna turn into a dolphin!!

=P

And yeah, I agree. It can be an argument against racism, but a true racist is just a closed minded moron... Yes, I called them morons.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Semix » Fri May 21, 2010 7:23 pm

I'm going to be brutally honest, I do find some of the jokes funny
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Wing-0 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:16 pm

One thing is to laugh. Another is to kill someone because of their color or something.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Next

Return to General Discussion