Bloody Creepy Things

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby Missagh » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Zucca wrote:And here's one of the most creepiest music videos I've seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWDAtMPoBHA

Aphex Twin, all of his videos are really abstract. My favorite is Rubber Johnny as Im sure you know of. His music is just awesome... Ive been listening to some elecronic/ambient stuff recently, like Mr Scruff, Dj Shadow, UNKLE etc
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Semix » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:44 pm

You know i really like that original song now, on my youtube favourites :)
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Tanith » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:24 am

Missagh wrote:
Zucca wrote:And here's one of the most creepiest music videos I've seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWDAtMPoBHA

Aphex Twin, all of his videos are really abstract. My favorite is Rubber Johnny as Im sure you know of. His music is just awesome... Ive been listening to some elecronic/ambient stuff recently, like Mr Scruff, Dj Shadow, UNKLE etc

Oh, I must've missed Zucca's post, but yes to this. "Come to Daddy" and Aphex Twin in general are creepy. Good creepy, though. Aphex Twin (Richard D. James) was one of the forerunners in experimental electro, and really, really influential to electronic music in general. I first heard of him on a double album of various ambient artists with his song "Blue Calx," and I could tell just by comparing his song to others on the album that I was going to hear more from him in the future (this was in 1994, by the way).

Also, Chris Cunningham directed "Come to Daddy," "Windowlicker," "Rubber Johnny," as well as Madonna's video for "Frozen," and other videos from the mid-late 1990s, mostly for electronic, indie and alt artists. I would roll my hipster eyes at Madonna for wanting a piece of Cunningham's artistic pie, but "Frozen" is still her best video to date. When she morphs into a doberman and crows I can't help but think, "Wow, Madonna. You ARE cool." Anyway, Cunningham has a very distinct style; I love his videos. They use a lot of dark lighting and green/bue filters, and seamlessly work in visual effects to create captivating and absurd fantasy landscapes.

This is not a Chris Cunningham video, but I must add it for its stunning--yet slightly creepy--visuals. I don't know about you, but if Robert Del Naja turned into a wingless moth next to me, I'd freak out. Especially when his eyes go completely black. Gah. Getitoffgetitoffgetitoff! (As an aside, the moth markings on his back would make an awesome tattoo.)

Massive Attack - Butterfly Caught
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Re: Bloody Creepy Things

Postby Black Sword » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:35 am

"Where is Black Sword? I'd know his Orakio anywhere!" - BenoitRen
Black Sword
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Wing-0 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:55 am

You know what might be creepy?

Me... in a thong,..

Well, that might be sexy...

Okay... Think of Zangief resting on your bed. and saying "HARASHO!!" and throwing a wink...

Or way worse! Arnold Schwarzenegger! Just swap Zangief with him... =P
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby Tanith » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:29 pm

That place was on an episode of "Life After People" a couple of years ago. I had to stop watching that show because it was giving me nightmares. Yes, real nightmares. Great pictures, though. Thanks for sharing! (Whoever wrote the article is absolutely not a journalist, though. Augh. So many things wrong with the article!)

RAWR, WING-0 in a thong! Wait... >.>
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Previous

Return to General Discussion