Spiral Knights

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Spiral Knights

Postby Zucca » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:15 pm

If anyone is playing this game, please join this topic and discuss. I just installed the game and try to learn it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_Knights for more info.
Oh, and the offical site: http://www.spiralknights.com/
+ Trailer
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Re: Spiral Knights

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:58 am

I've been playing it, but lemme warn you. This game isn't friendly to new players since the market is entirely player-controlled and there's been much inflation as of late. There's an auction house where people will sell items generally cheaper than any vendors do (save some items that people will try to rip you off for, best to look into vendors for cheap equipment and recipes in general) and then there's trading crystal energy. Crystal energy, or CE, has its own market/trading system and lately the price has been skyrocketing.

If you don't wanna worry about purchasing CE, that's fine, too, since you can just use your mist tank's energy for the day, but you do need CE for crafting high star items since the max energy in the mist tank is only 100.

But, about the game itself. It's fun, and I rather enjoy the gameplay. The only real problem I have with it is the energy trading system (which I had gotten used to, but now the prices are much higher now than they were when I started) which is just plain ridiculous. The only alternative is purchasing CE with real money, but I don't wanna have to spend my money on a "free" game. Yes, it's supporting the developers, but the CE trade's sudden inflation is just plain silly and probably won't get fixed nor balanced from what I can see, 'cause I'm sure the devs are profiting from all this since the only way you can get CE in the first place is through buying it.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Yeah. The energy thingy is problematic.
I'm on sick leave and haven't played it much.

Otherwise it looks like a nice game indeed. Not the best, but nice.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Zucca » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:29 pm

The wiki seems to note that you can run spiral knights with Intel GPU too.
This is false at 1920x1080 resolution and also with lower resolutions unless you use lowest graphic settings.

Here's how my GMA 4500MHD did in a place where there was little traffic and using 1280x720 resolution:
intel_gpu_top.png
intel_gpu_top
intel_gpu_top.png (4.36 KiB) Viewed 7945 times

In other words: not very well but playable.

Everyone with Intel GPU should use "compability mode":
advanced_settings.png
advanced video settings
advanced_settings.png (3.79 KiB) Viewed 7945 times
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Return to General Discussion