My booooooooooook! (now with Mieu-type sequels!)

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

My booooooooooook! (now with Mieu-type sequels!)

Postby augmentedfourth » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:14 pm

There may be some marginally NSFW discussion in this post.

My book has finally been released! Check this out!

(My chosen pen name pwns. )

For those of you who have not been following along in the shoutbox, the book is classified under "erotic literature". If explicit descriptions of naughtiness are your thing, and/or you love me, check it out!

Try here or here for a variety of e-formats. There is a Kindle version available, but it hasn't made its way to Amazon yet. Also, there will eventually be a paperback option, but it apparently takes a little longer for the publisher to convert it to "real" book format.

Per the publisher's suggestion, I'll be making a facebook page for it (and probably my pen name as well). Make sure to like it! (Come on, you KNOW you want to "like" Thea Landen...)

Edit for the newly-created facebook links:

Searching the Skies
Thea Landen
Last edited by augmentedfourth on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
filthymindedandroids.blogspot.com - an incredibly Not Safe For Work blog

"A dirty book is rarely dusty." - unknown
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Re: My booooooooooook!

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:51 pm

I like the pen name, but I'm wondering why you need it at all.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Xander » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 pm

You're such a hoot Benoit. LeRn 2 reEd.

the book is classified under "erotic literature".

Also:

1) Your real name is hard to remember and/or spell correctly.

2) Your real name sounds silly, stupid or obscene. If your real name suffers from any of these problems, you'll have a harder time getting readers to accept your work.

3) Your real name is the same as, or similar to, another author or a famous figure.

4) You are reclusive or fear fame, and want to make sure that regardless of how famous you might become, people won't recognize your name everywhere you go.

5) If you are already an established author, you might want to use a pen name because of issues similar to brand name loyalty. For example, if you are a woman and have a change of name because of marriage, you might want to continue using your former name as your pen name. Also, some authors find that their work sells better if they have a different pen name for each genre. If you have built a reputation for writing standard detective fiction and you now want to put out a fantasy detective novel, loyal readers may smear the new book because it disturbs their expectations. Readers of detective fiction don't normally like fantasy elements mixed in, so in this case you need to attract a new audience from the fantasy community without the burden of your prior readers giving the new book a bad name. Also, you need a separate pen name for any subject with a "taint" to it (such as erotica) if you want people to take your literary fiction or nonfiction seriously. Even Anne Rice uses a separate pen name for her erotica, though her more usual vampire novels always sit close to the border between horror and erotica.

6) You are working in a field (such as romance) where books written by a certain gender sell far better, but your name is obviously the wrong gender. Also, some female authors want a gender-neutral pen name because sexism can still impact sales, in any genre.
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby augmentedfourth » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:18 pm

Well, yes to all of that. The short answer is:

1) I share my full legal name with at least 8000 other people in this country alone. I would like my book to be easily search-able. Google "Thea Landen", and it's near the top of the results.

2) I suppose my maiden name was an option, but considering the genre of the book, it's probably not a wise idea to use the same name that's on my teaching certificate in case I ever go back to the classroom.

(And while I know it's not exactly a secret on this site, I'll politely ask people to refrain from using either one of those names in this thread, just to be on the safe side. Thanks!)

Now that that's out of the way, let us return to....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!

augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Xander » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:19 pm

What she said.

Boooooooooooooooooooook!!!

So yeah, can't wait for the paperback to be released myself. :D I'm so happy for you. :D
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:25 pm

I can read, thanks. Just put me in the group of people who doesn't understand why people shy away from being associated to erotic work.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Xander » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:34 pm

*Head-desk*
Xander
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Tanith » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:50 am

I know I said my congrats over at dA, but I'll say them here, too. Congratulations! I tried purchasing the book at those two sites, but they wanted me to create accounts, so I'll anxiously await the Amazon release. :mrgreen: I also "liked" Thea Landen on fb!
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby augmentedfourth » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Thanks, Amy! (I know I said that over at dA, but I'll say it here as well!) I'll let you know about the Amazon release as soon as possible. I, uh, may or may not be obsessively stalking it or anything...nope...definitely not me....

augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby augmentedfourth » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Bumpity bump for more relevant links!

Paperback! (don't ask me why it's so expensive, I didn't set the price)
The official Kindle version on Amazon

I'm still waiting on the official Nook version. I've been told that Barnes & Noble has the file, but their processing times vary. Consider them officially M-eyed. <_M

augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby The HuBBs » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:50 am

congrats aug... so when do we get our free copies? ^_^
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Tanith » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:54 am

augmentedfourth wrote:I'm still waiting on the official Nook version. I've been told that Barnes & Noble has the file, but their processing times vary. Consider them officially M-eyed. <_M

Oh yay, more reason to hate B&N! (They're slow snail mail shippers, too.) The Kindle version works great on my Galaxy S, and I've enjoyed what I've read of the story so far. Kindle Reader is telling me I've read 32% of the book (which I think is kind of a nifty feature). So put it on your phone, folks!
"I don't go to very many social events apart from fires." - carlsojos
Tanith
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Mono » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 pm

I do envy you, augmentedfourth. I do envy you :^P

Seriously, congratulations. As an amateur fiction writer (who never got to make the big step because of lack of support around me :^P), I think that a published book is a high level accomplishment that can make someone's life complete.
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby augmentedfourth » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:46 am

Hubbs, you get a free copy when I make my millions. You may have a long wait ahead of you. :D

Thanks, Mono! Good to see you around! You should pop in to the shoutbox more often, there's frequently a lot of writing discussion going on up there. I got a lot of support here when I was writing my naughtybook (and I still have the document where I wrote down everyone's favorite sexy words!), I hope you can find the same!

augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby carlsojos » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:44 am

Do I get a free copy if I say I've found 2 spelling errors in the first four chapters on the Kindle version? (I don't have a Kindle....)
carlsojos
Scorpius
Scorpius

Next

Return to General Discussion