Spanked by Sandy

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Spanked by Sandy

Postby augmentedfourth » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:31 pm

I've finally made my way back to the land of heat, electricity, and internet access. (I hope Snorb and anyone else who was affected by the hurricane will manage the same soon!) Things weren't terrific, but they could have been a lot worse. My house itself is fine (minus the lack of power), but the yard is a MESS. We had gas and hot water, so we could cook, clean, and shower, but the thermostat registered 50 degrees this morning before we finally came up to my parents' house.

Our front yard. The fire department has deemed this "non-urgent". I doubt our neighborhood is getting power back any time soon.

This was our driveway before our neighbors came over with their chainsaws. My windshield (on the red car) is cracked, and the hood/bumper is dented. No word on any damage under the hood yet. Mike's car was pulled further back than mine, and he just has a couple dings.

While they did an awesome job of clearing most of the driveway, a lot of the tree was way too tangled in the power lines. We'll let the power company deal with that. When we made our break for it today, we had to drive down our side yard to the neighbor's driveway.

The biggest tree in our backyard was uprooted, demolishing our other neighbor's shed. Oops. No one was expecting that. We had some similar trees removed by the house just last month, and now we are VERY glad we did that.

Rest assured, I still worked on my next novel the old-fashioned way.
filthymindedandroids.blogspot.com - an incredibly Not Safe For Work blog

"A dirty book is rarely dusty." - unknown
augmentedfourth
Blastoid
Blastoid

Return to General Discussion