Official Apology To SandyLandale

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Official Apology To SandyLandale

Postby WesleyCat » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:58 am

SandyLandale is a friend of mine, we worked on Phantasy Star II Improvement and Phantasy Star IV Proper Caser (a couple of RHDN and Steam mods) together, and also were good friends throughout 2015-2017 after having met on RHDN.

I am writing this post as a way of apologizing for getting angry with them one day in 2017, for which they still have me blocked on many types of communication channels. I was not prompted to do so by them, nor anyone else, but did so of my own volition. My temper has often been a liability in my personal life, from very early on in my life, and I have yet to learn this lesson, that losing one's temper is an absolutely terrible idea in any but perhaps 1 in 10000 sets of circumstances, most of which (that fall in the 1 category above) would involve life-or-death situations.

I lashed out at them for their informing me one day that they felt depressed, and because of the recent developments in my personal life, I concluded that they were using me as an emotional crutch when it was not 'warranted.'

This cynical attitude whereupon I decided my personal trauma was to take priority over theirs, was selfish, foolish, and stupid of me. I wish to express my deepest regrets over the idea that anyone deserves to have their pain minimized by anyone else, at any time, which I espoused to them that day.

SandyLandale, I want to rekindle our friendship. We live in a world full of cynics and trolls who will no doubt find this emotional display worthy of mockery/ridicule. I don't care. I feel you have been loyal to me, and I have not shown that same loyalty back to you. I have a sense of honor, and I am satisfying it by this very post.

Please, would you unblock me? I have so many things I want to tell you about. My life is improving, and I am starting new chapters in it that I never thought possible. I think of you, and wish to inform you of my progress.

So. I present this formal, public apology to you. Take it as you will.
"If I were to malfunction, the people would die cursing their fate! If that is your aim, disable me! If not, return now!"

>Yes
No
WesleyCat
Pinchant
Pinchant

Re: Official Apology To SandyLandale

Postby Zucca » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:56 pm

You don't see this kind of behaviour on the internet very often these days.
I'll raise my hat.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby GreenGiant » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:02 am

Has there been an update?
GreenGiant
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby WesleyCat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:17 am

That's a big n-o. Still blocked on every website where we were friends.
"If I were to malfunction, the people would die cursing their fate! If that is your aim, disable me! If not, return now!"

>Yes
No
WesleyCat
Pinchant
Pinchant

Return to General Discussion